Some Startup Help

htdefiant

Chieftain
I just downloaded the demo. I've heard great things about the game, but before I buy it, I want to try the demo out. I downloaded it from here and then installed it. When loading the XML, its says "Civilization IV has encountered an error and needs to close". Do you have any suggestions? Thanks,
htdefiant

Please post your Dxdiag file (Start button - click- select run - type dxdiag - hit enter - wait a min - select "save all information" - post using the 'go advanced ' button below )

Regards
Zy

Zydor said:
Please post your Dxdiag file (Start button - click- select run - type dxdiag - hit enter - wait a min - select "save all information" - post using the 'go advanced ' button below )

Regards
Zy

Its attached.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    44.4 KB · Views: 50
Its complaining about no sound card in the Dxdiag. Lack of a sound card has caused some issues, a little rare, but it has happened. That could cause lack of support by not meeting the game specs

Otherwise looks ok

Any other symptoms ?

Regards
Zy

Well, if the sound card is the problem, that's cool, cause I have someone coming to fix it on Thursday. I'll keep you posted.

Cant guarantee thats the only problem, or that sound card will fix all - but as you see from the Hardware spec it is a game requirement

Regards
Zy

Top Bottom