Scotland

LoneGamer

Warlord
Civ Scotland (v. 6)

Leader: William Wallace
Trait: Whit's fur ye'll no go by ye!(What's meant to happen will happen.)
The Scott's gain +15% research and all melee units gain +20% combat strength in ruff terrain.
UU: Highlander (Replaces Longswordsman. With unit graphics!)
UB: Clan Castle (Replaces Castle)

Screenshots:
Spoiler :

Civ Select Menu:
Spoiler :

Load Screen:
Spoiler :

Highlander Info Screen:
Spoiler :

Clan Castle Info Screen:
Spoiler :

Scotland Info Screen:
Spoiler :

Highlander in game:
Spoiler :

Thanks
To Kael for the mod guide, lemmy101/CaptainBinky for Nexus Buddy and his tutorial, Deliverator for his tutorial and help. Total Realism and Battle of Hastings mod teams for the unit graphics! Keep up the great work guys.

Changes:
Spoiler :

Version 2
Added some text entries for the Parliament and Highlander.
Also fixed a prob with Highlander not replacing the Longswordsman

Version 3
Added icons for Highlander and Parliament.

Version 4
Added dialog for Wallace. (This is only useful if your not playing as Scotland.)
Added new city names(37 total). Deleted Edinburgh(e) to avoid city-state issue.
New converted unit from Battle of Hastings mod credit goes to Flintlock1415 for the unit graphics(I think).
Decided to stick them in front :)
Added DawnofMan intro instead of just using Scotlands history. It's not very long but wanted something similar to vanilla civ5 civs.
Added a new unique trait. It might be a bit over powered so will modify accordingly.
Changed the Highlanders stats a bit. He no longer has +3 movement(that plus the ignore terrain was a bit OP) but he has 19strength instead of 18.

Version 5
Replaced the Parliament with the Clan Castle. It replaces the Castle with +9 Def and +1 Happiness. After researching Flight, it pays for itself(You gain +3 Gold, that's the maintenance on it(similar to the Indians UB)).

Version 6
Changed the City-state Edinburgh to Caerdydd so we can have our capital back :D The city-state info is still the same though.

Coming soon:
Spoiler :

Might be adding a map to this soon.
Spoiler :

Will add the marine to all civs as soon as I get the animations right. See this thread. Converted from civ4.

Coming later rather than sooner:
Hopefully a new leader animation and sound to replace Oda

What you can do
:
Looking for ideas, comments, bugs and critics.
Let me know if the new trait is over powered so I can adjust it. I was thinking +10% research instead so not too sure.
Should there be +1 happiness from the clan castle? Or should I just take out the maintenance for that extra bonus? The Indians UB provided +2 culture instead of the happiness so I'm not sure.

Availible in the mod browser(Uploaded by LoneGamerIndeed)

Attachments

• Civ Scotland (v 6).rar
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,689
For the trait, maybe something like all land units (At least the ones that can get drill) start with drill one or two?

Awsome work but as a Scotsman from a country not famed for its Gold and Gold mines could I suggest a different Unique Ability?

Perhaps something to reflect Scottish Intelectual Achievements (we invented everything worth mentioning in the world and most of the things we didnt invent we invented too) or military prowess (we beat everyone we ever fought with including those that beat us too) so like uhh the one for fighting in Rought Terrain free for every Land Unit...or or or Cutting Edge Wit, every faction you encounter imediately hands over all their spare lucury resources so that Frankie Boyle doesnt take the p1$$ out of them...

For the trait, maybe something like all land units (At least the ones that can get drill) start with drill one or two?

Yeah I'm debating on that, it might make the highlander very powerful.

Awesome stuff! :) Feel free to remove the 'Unit created with Nexus Buddy' btw we only put that in as placeholder :p , your thanks is more than plenty. :D

Thanks :) I think I'm going to leave it in though. Help spread the word and let people know how to do this themselves. The more people doing this the better :)

Cutting Edge Wit, every faction you encounter imediately hands over all their spare lucury resources so that Frankie Boyle doesnt take the p1$$ out of them...

:lol: I'm currently working on a few changes to that trait, trying something with science already and military as well, just testing it out so it's not overpowered even though it would be more realistic if it was ;)

Thanks :) I think I'm going to leave it in though. Help spread the word and let people know how to do this themselves. The more people doing this the better :)

Cool :D

Though seeing it written in there I'm thinking I should be change it to say 'Created with Nexus Buddy'. 'By' seems a little bit like taking credit for the entire unit. :D

hello, any idea why the highlander looks like a spearman for me?
I didn't change anything at the mod :)

Do you have any other mods activated? I had this prob when I enabled 2 mods that had graphic changes.

If your not sure. Go to your mod directory and open up the mods you have activated. check to see if they have a civ5artdefines_unitmembers.xml and civ5artdefines_units.xml in them.

Do you have any other mods activated? I had this prob when I enabled 2 mods that had graphic changes.

If your not sure. Go to your mod directory and open up the mods you have activated. check to see if they have a civ5artdefines_unitmembers.xml and civ5artdefines_units.xml in them.

Yeah, It's currently impossible to have two graphic mods enabled at the same time.

that's must be it. I will check this and keep you posted. Thank you for the advice !

I like to prefer see instead of parliament UB Clan Castle or second UU schiltron (pikeman),

but very nice so meet Scottish Civ too. :)

I like to prefer see instead of parliament UB Clan Castle or second UU schiltron (pikeman),

Yea, that does not make sense, having a courthouse UB is fine for a famously imperialistic civ such as Persia, but it's not the case for Scotland (beyond the fact that it makes for a lousy "civilization" outside of an European scenario). The building, in its effects, does not relate to anything Scottish ; if anything, that building should be a domestic building that encourages the civ to stay small but strong.

Sweet stuff nonetheless.

I'll start work on the UB clan castle, as for the schiltron I have been looking for some civ4 units to convert but cant seem to find any :( the parliament was something I added when it was my personal mod I was just warmongering and hated the effects of annexing even with courthouse. your right though clan castle is more accurate :wallbash:

Taneda Santôka;9857203 said:
(beyond the fact that it makes for a lousy "civilization" outside of an European scenario)

I dunno about that, I guess it depends how you play it. I've been successful on the reg earth map and I'm currently playing it on the Yet Another Giant Earth Map with accurate start locations and having a lot of fun kicking England around then moving my way into Europe. I will try a reg earth game though as another civ and see how the AI pans out as Scotland. Only did that for dialogue adding purposes before, never played a full game.

Nah, what I meant is just a bad comment since Scotland is not and has never been a major "civilization", marking history and the world ; it has never fought for dominance, just survival, at which it kinda failed. But just like Canada, Australia or the Vatican, it's awesome for specific scenarios, or just for kicks !

You could rename the Edinburgh City state as Cardiff or Caerdydd.

Not too sure how to do that.

Spoiler :

I tried adding one of those to the gametext then doing this:

Code:
<MinorCivilization_CityNames>
<Update>
<Where MinorCivType="MINOR_CIV_EDINBURGH"/>
<Set CityName="TXT_KEY_CITYSTATE_Caerdydd"/>
</Update>
</MinorCivilization_CityNames>

but no luck, I remember trying to do something like this and people posting that we require the source code to do this. Maybe I went about it the wrong way... I don't know. I'll ask around for some help on the matter.

Very nice.....

Only constructive criticism I have is that Edinburgh is and (as far as I know) always has been the capital of Scotland, not Glasgow.

Top Bottom