Civ 2 for Mac OS X 10.5.8

Trueginger

Chieftain
Hi all

I'm desperate to play Civ ii again! I have a Windows version of it but can't play it on the PC as they have Windows 7. I would prefer to play it on my Mac but have no idea where to get it from. Can anyone help? Failing that, does anyone have any suggestions for getting it to load on the PC?

Thanks!

I did read all of the threads. I tried the patch and copying over the files onto my hard drive.... I am a novice at all this and Windows is not my thing....
When I try to run setup it tells me that it won't work on this version of Win (7) and to refer to the manufacturer.

Please if you wouldn't mind giving me an idiots guide...? Moderator Action: Removed text about other poster. Please keep it civil.

I sorted this today. You need to buy a copy of the game, then run a 7.5.3 emulator called Basiliskll, its free and easy to set up, following directions available online. PM if you need any help sourcing a copy of the game..

Don't do that - it's a faff.

Search for free PPC app called Civ II Gold Rel PPC - some guy wrote it.

What it does is run Civ 2 from any Mac OS X system...it's free, no classic needed. Launch from within the Civ2 folder.
All the music and video files play too.

And it all worked fine until Apple released 10.6.8 and now it's stuffed - boo bloody hoo.

Top Bottom