Patria Grande: Civilizations of the Americas

Bolivia's Miner's Radio Station seems a bit weak: it could have +2 :c5culture: or even +3 :c5culture: per relevant luxury tile that late in the game, or just +1 :c5culture: to every mine and quarry.

The flavor is perfect though, and the UA is so fun and strong it might be fine as-is.

Regardless, I love the flavor of these civs, though some are too militaristic for my peaceful play-style.

:) Thanks! In fact, after play-testing Bolivia, I decided to leave it to +1 :c5culture: because otherwise a lucky Bolivia with mines would be truly mad with culture, it already has a lot if you play your missionaries and Great Prophets well. About the flavors, well, it's also because of which civs are being worked as of now, quite funnily I also prefer a peaceful game:
  • Bolivia: Is more peaceful in a way, more culture oriented, and with a unit that although good for invasions is also good for defense.
  • Gran Colombia: Had to be mostly militaristic, but in a less "domination" way, hence the liberation bonus and the alliance mission.
  • Chile: Is also a major military power in South America, specially going with naval things.
  • Aymara: As the focus is a lot more on the revolutions they led, militaristic and in quantity.
  • Argentina: Will not be so militaristic, it will have a UU that will be able to turn into a worker, will receive a unique citizen type, so yeah, peaceful play is completelly viable.
  • Tupi: The UA is militaristic, but the UI and the UU are more food and growth oriented.
  • Mapuche: They are focused in being total masters of controlling territory, and their UU is going to be some kind of Boss unit hehe, so yeah, they do are focused like that.
  • Tiwanaku: They are the least militaristic focused of the pack I'd say. Their UU is a Great Person, which cannot attack, and will mostly be focused on faith and science.

So far, of the announced civs 3 are more peace oriented, 1 (the tupi) is a middle ground, and 4 are more war oriented...

So yeah, it is a good idea to keep the ratio a bit more balanced, you're right. At any rate, some words about some of the unnanounced civs:
  • One of them will have interesting ways of interacting with water, but almost no militar buffs whatsoever, aside from improved combat strength on a special improvement. So, it will be peace oriented.
  • Another one has a main focus on archaeology and tourism, definitively peace oriented. (but in a neutral way, as you may wish to generate digging sites which means fighting a lot)
  • There will be one military-ideology focused civ too... So yeah, one more to war.
  • Lastly, the others have not even been conceptualized yet, so yeah...

I'm sorry for bringing so many quastions, but I could never figure out how do the GrandColombia works, and that's why I never played a game with them. What is "liberate"? Is it the same as the alliance thing? Can you please explain me some strategy?

I'm sorry for bringing so many quastions, but I could never figure out how do the GrandColombia works, and that's why I never played a game with them. What is "liberate"? Is it the same as the alliance thing? Can you please explain me some strategy?

Oh yeah, Gran Colombia works with a rather dark mechanic of the game. When a civilization conquers a city-state (or the last city of a civilization, removing it from the game), another civ may fight for it and "liberate it" instead of annexing or puppeting it. Liberation brings back the city-state or civ to the game, and they will always vote for you for a Diplomatic Victory.

So yeah, Gran Colombia is quite a Liberty-monger instead of a Warmonger. IMO the ideal way of using Gran Colombia is annoying the big Civilizations all the time, conquering their cities and all (or if you want, go for a domination victory), and keep the small city-states as allies all the time, if you happen to be able of liberating a civ, you get a golden age and an eternal friend, if you never have to do so, conquering cities without unhappiness is quite the bonus. So yeah, although not disabled for a Cultural or Tech victories, it is specially suited for Domination or Diplomacy.

did you considered include the Muiscas?

Shh! That's one of the unnanounced :p ... And one of the unconceptualized ones at that. Yes, I've been reading a bit about the Muiscas and am planning to include them as I start going north, and their leader would be Nemeneque... But I have no ideas for their uniques just yet (and of course, as I'm using the Tamoyo Confederation for the Tupi, I'd rather not have just a Muisca Confederation hehe).

Shh! That's one of the unnanounced :p ... And one of the unconceptualized ones at that. Yes, I've been reading a bit about the Muiscas and am planning to include them as I start going north, and their leader would be Nemeneque... But I have no ideas for their uniques just yet (and of course, as I'm using the Tamoyo Confederation for the Tupi, I'd rather not have just a Muisca Confederation hehe).

Hehe sorry...it's awesome, finally, Muiscas aren't ignored :D ...but why Nemequene? what about Hunzahua or Sagipa? you know, the first and the last lords...well, doesn't matter, all of them are great choices. I can help you with the map if you want

Hehe sorry...it's awesome, finally, Muiscas aren't ignored :D ...but why Nemequene? what about Hunzahua or Sagipa? you know, the first and the last lords...well, doesn't matter, all of them are great choices. I can help you with the map if you want

Well, Nemequene managed to make some sort of legislation, a "Code of Nemequene" like Hammurabi, and was there when the spanish arrived, but quite frankly, I didn't know much about the Zipas (and now I know where your nickname comes from :p) until now so I don't have many criteria for which would be the most recognized (with the Aymara and the Mapuche was easy, as Lautaro and Tupac Katari are both revered as heroes, and with Tiwanaku far easier, as Huyustus is the only name that survived at all)

And yes, I'd accept your map gladly, specially given how well made the Gran Colombia's map is. :goodjob:

Well, Nemequene managed to make some sort of legislation, a "Code of Nemequene" like Hammurabi, and was there when the spanish arrived, but quite frankly, I didn't know much about the Zipas (and now I know where your nickname comes from :p) until now so I don't have many criteria for which would be the most recognized (with the Aymara and the Mapuche was easy, as Lautaro and Tupac Katari are both revered as heroes, and with Tiwanaku far easier, as Huyustus is the only name that survived at all)

And yes, I'd accept your map gladly, specially given how well made the Gran Colombia's map is. :goodjob:

hehehehe thanks (And yes, I love my nickname :D). I suggested Hunzahua since he unified the Muiscas and created the confederation, and Sagipa because he was the last chief who rebealed Jimenez de Quesada, but I forgot the code of Nemequene, that's a good reason

Out of curiousity, what is your opinion on the Kuhikugu Civilization? They are a civilization that appeared deep in the amazon, only to disappear, most likely to disease.

Not much is known about their history, but there is something neat about a lost jungle civilization.

BTW Mr Zipa, any good ideas for Muiscas uniques?

Out of curiousity, what is your opinion on the Kuhikugu Civilization? They are a civilization that appeared deep in the amazon, only to disappear, most likely to disease.

Not much is known about their history, but there is something neat about a lost jungle civilization.

My opinion is... that I didn't know a thing about them :p

*reads up about Kuhikugu*

Ok, now that I read about them... It seems interesting, they managed to have a strong and large empire it seems (size wise)... The issue is, well, what would be their uniques? and their Leader? I need to find more info...

My opinion is... that I didn't know a thing about them :p

*reads up about Kuhikugu*

Ok, now that I read about them... It seems interesting, they managed to have a strong and large empire it seems (size wise)... The issue is, well, what would be their uniques? and their Leader? I need to find more info...

Looks like someone else was planning to make it. http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=494547

Doesn't look like it got past the planning stage. You may be able to recycle some ideas.

Leugi, are you planning to have only south amercian civs in Patria Grande or you could also make noth american native cultures?
Personally, I would like to see the puebloans and the haida :)
If you plan to do this and need some help, I can try to help.

Looks like someone else was planning to make it. http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=494547

Doesn't look like it got past the planning stage. You may be able to recycle some ideas.

Biggest issue is that it seems to merge a lot of amazonian cultures that are not Kuhikugu... And funnily, I'm already using Malocas on the Tupi...

Leugi, are you planning to have only south amercian civs in Patria Grande or you could also make noth american native cultures?
Personally, I would like to see the puebloans and the haida :)
If you plan to do this and need some help, I can try to help.

Well, I'll go north little by little... So yeah, it's the plan... Once we reach the North Stage help will be appreciated :goodjob:

Leugi, I loved their civilizations, I would ask that created the Olmecs and the Zapotecs

OLMEC
Leader: Po Ngbe
UA:

Mesoamerican culture: Shrine and Temples produce +2:c5culture: or
Rubber people: Plantations produce +3:c5faith:
UU: Jaguar Olmec: +50% combat strength in forests & jungles, Moves at double rate through forests & jungles (replaces warrior)
UB: Colossal heads: Produces +2:c5culture: and +2:c5production:
Capital: La Venta

City List:

La Venta
San Lorenzo Tenochtitlán
Tres Zapotes
Laguna de los Cerros
San Andrés
Chalcatzingo
El Azuzul
El Manatí
La Mojarra
Oxtotitlán
Juxtlahuaca
Tlatilco

Spoiler :
a background image for the leader:

map:

another image Olmec would help create the leading

ZAPOTEC
Leader: Cocijoeza
UA:

Inhabitants of the place of sapote: Farm produce +1:c5food: +1:c5production: and +1:c5gold:
UU: Zapotec warrior
UB:Ballcourt: +5:c5happy: (replaces Coliseum)
Capital: Monte Albán

City list:
Monte Albán
San José Mogote
Dainzú
Huijazoo
Mitla
Zaachila
Guiengola
Lambityeco
El Palmillo

Spoiler :

Native American civilizations would be more complete with the Olmecs and the Zapotecs

Xandinho, they will eventually be made most likely. But I'd suggest to stop posting the suggestions in every single civilization mod thread, maybe post them in the Civs Wanted topic in Ideas / Suggestions?

:D Sorry, I have a great desire to have these civilizations

Top Bottom