Final Fixes Reborn

I think the reason for this is that it would be too easy to stop barbarians spawning in a very large area when utilizing hawks.

This is true, but when you are on an island it's seriously just this side of unbearable keeping a bunch of suppression units wandering around to soak up Beastman stacks. You can save yourself a little heartache by waiting for Adepts with mud golems and then just killing the Adept; I think so long as the golems remain that "slot" stays used up, yes?

Immense, ever since the vahua showed up and I went and looked at the original mod. It is a terrible shame that they never made it in. I especially liked the Eye-Eater's mechanics.
To be honest I don't even remember this Eye-Eater thing.

To be honest I don't even remember this Eye-Eater thing.

Ngomele

Nga Eye-Eater

Melee unit;
200 hammers
8/6 strength
1 move
1-2 first strikes
Immune to first strikes
+1 Nature affinity
can learn "Take a Leaf out of my Book!", "Go for the Eyes!" and "Tear them Apart!" abilities;
begins with Hero, Courage;
available at Iron Working;

"Take a Leaf out of my Book!"
require level 5;
give the Order of Mastery promotion to friendly units in the stack: 1 Free XP/per turn, 3 Free XP/combat, Immune to Fear, removed by combat, 60% chance to expire per turn;

"Go for the Eyes!"
require level 10;
give the Order of Accuracy promotion to friendly units in the stack: +3 first strikes, Immune to Fear, removed by combat, 100% chance to expire per turn;

"Tear them Apart!"
require level 15;
give the Order of Slaughter promotion to friendly units in the stack: +100% strength, Immune to Fear, removed by combat, 100% chance to expire per turn;

Oh right, it's pretty neat. Thanks for the link by the way, might need it later.

BUGS

Ophelia taking the Gift grants Necromancer to both Arcane and Disciple units. This is a cool buff for Disciples, but Arcane units already have Necromancer; suggestion to replace with Ambition.

Civ- and religion-specific events really shouldn't be a pointless continue option for 90% of the world. If for some reason events can't check civilization, suggestion: Festival of Winds checks for an Austrin Settlement in the capital, religious constellations check for the appropriate Holy City (or the actual holy building if that's too difficult), Lord of Death checks for...I don't know, actually.

Deirdra still has bPermanentTrait Charismatic even though she's no longer Adaptive. Doesn't seem to break anything, but just in case, that line should be cut.

Actually yeah, eventsTriggers can't check for civilizations in the XML. That's probably something that should be added. Though in the mean time it's entirely possible to use canDo and make a python check for the civ.

In general though, I'd say events require a good do-over.

Actually yeah, eventsTriggers can't check for civilizations in the XML. That's probably something that should be added. Though in the mean time it's entirely possible to use canDo and make a python check for the civ.

In general though, I'd say events require a good do-over.

Following on this, the events that grant Great Prophets need overhaul. First, there needs to be one for Neutral leaders because this is a massive advantage; getting one of these early pretty much covers your economy completely until your third city, and the hammer bonus makes a noticeable difference as well. Being Neutral means you can't get either good or bad Prophets - you can't even get the research bonus for being broke.

I'd suggest merging both events for this into a four-choice single event, noting that your sages have spotted a strange constellation. The first three choices each identify it as the appropriate constellation for their Alignment and give the 50 gold -> Prophet result. The fourth choice just reads "Whichever gods are watching us, they seem to agree with our direction..." and gives the +research bonus.

I'm currently reading the RifE SpawnGroup code and noticed two possible issues.

At the end of CvGame::isSpawnGroupValid(),
Code:
if (!CvString(GC.getSpawnGroupInfo(eSpawnGroup).getPyRequirement()).empty())
should probably be
Code:
if ( bValid && !CvString(GC.getSpawnGroupInfo(eSpawnGroup).getPyRequirement()).empty())
else you get some unnecessary python checks.

In CvGame::createSpawnGroup(), line 12070
Code:
if (isMPOption(MPOPTION_SIMULTANEOUS_TURNS))
{
	pCommanderUnit->setImmobileTimer(2);
}
should probably be
Code:
if (isMPOption(MPOPTION_SIMULTANEOUS_TURNS))
{
	pUnit->setImmobileTimer(2);
}

pCommanderUnit is not necessarily initialized at this time, and if it is, the code above is already executed.

Edit: same thing line 12130 (in the RifE repository, I don't know if you changed any of the c++ files)

i got somewhat repeateble CTD with following stack info :
KERNELBASE!RaiseException+0x58
MSVCR71!CxxThrowException+0x34
MSVCP71!std::_Nomemory+0x62
Civ4BeyondSword!initCvPythonExtensions+0x22a208
Civ4BeyondSword+0xdae2a
CvGameCoreDLL!CvGame::update+0x86b
CvGameCoreDLL!CvGameTextMgr::setPlotListHelp+0x2c06
MSVCR71!free+0x3e
Civ4BeyondSword!initCvPythonExtensions+0x7d574
Civ4BeyondSword+0x175bcd
Civ4BeyondSword!initCvPythonExtensions+0x1d344b
Civ4BeyondSword!initCvPythonExtensions+0xc7220
KERNELBASE!RaiseException+0x58
MSVCR71!CxxThrowException+0x34
MSVCP71!std::_Nomemory+0x62
Civ4BeyondSword!initCvPythonExtensions+0x22a208
Civ4BeyondSword+0xdae2a
CvGameCoreDLL!CvGame::update+0x86b
CvGameCoreDLL!CvGameTextMgr::setPlotListHelp+0x2c06
ntdll!RtlpAllocateHeap+0xab2
ntdll!RtlAllocateHeap+0x23a
ntdll!RtlAllocateHeap+0x206
ntdll!RtlAllocateHeap+0x206
MSVCR71!_crtLCMapStringA+0x305
Civ4BeyondSword!initCvPythonExtensions+0x38592b
MSVCR71!_crtLCMapStringA+0x32d
MSVCR71!malloc+0xf
boost_python_vc71_mt_1_32!boost::python::instance_holder::allocate+0x2f
It showing up then you select unit (any) and trying to attack city or stacked enemy
In attached saves i got stack with Bambur near Svartaflar city
if you choose unit and try to attack i suppose it will CTD

test it please!

Attachments

• single.7z
    2.7 MB · Views: 138
  • max Turn_0290-1.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.2 MB · Views: 133
then i playing and try to load saved game it got Bad Allocation error.
Some one else got such error?

then i playing and try to load saved game it got Bad Allocation error.
Some one else got such error?

bad allocation error could mean that the savefile is corrupted or that the gamefiles has been changed (another possibilities are running out of memory and corrupted memory)

memory checked by memtest - OK
files not changed (i even tryed to reinstall mod files) - OK
Savefile fine as it can be loaded then game opened for first time - OK
Game have much free memory atleast till 2.1gb limit (after wich game can have MAF) so it is - OK

hm, well, in that case the only thing left is some mistake in dll (maybe python, but i'm not sure if python can induce this kind of errors)

and for that you'd need debugger and dll compiled for debugging, and even then the game might be lost

for debugging i use DebugDiag (available from MS site)
and i recomend it for anyone to log stacktrace )

had a ctd twice last night playing mekara. after selecting the game options and before seeing the start map screen, i heard the sound of gold being collected. the screen was black at this point, then it crashed. the map was default smartmap (wow, you get a hell of a lot of goodie huts...), i'm wondering if a unit was placed on a hut at the start?

Add PROMOTION_ACHERON_LEASHED, PROMOTION_PRISTIN_LEASH, the Minotaur and Lair leashes, PROMOTION_INFLUENCE, the Mastery of Death (summon) promotion Liches give their skeletons, PROMOTION_MANA_GUARDIAN, and probably others - those're the ones I've added for my own games - to the list of != exceptions for Mimic's python script.

This prevents Mimics (and units that use their script; I made a Korinna the White unlocked at Philosophy with Lifedrinker and the mimic ability) from picking up Leashes or the 2-turn-duration of Lich summons, which allows them to explore far more safely and engage Fort Commanders (who have PROMOTION_INFLUENCE) without worrying about trading places. I searched everything with an iLeashRange and added it to the list (I also took Channeling 3 off the list, CALL THE POLICE); there are likely other promotions that shouldn't be added, but I couldn't think of any at the time. Probably anything that changes Command Limit; you can have a mimic in charge of like fifteen units if you have it hunt SpawnGroups.

EDIT: Temporary promotions like Obscured Vision and Wall Defender and promotions like the Fellowship of Leaves' Warden-thing that has bMustMantain might also be worth adding. Actually probably anything with MustMantain...ugh. If I get a good list together, I'll post it in Python-ready format.

I'm not sure if I should ask about this here, but I just tried to install this and it's not working.

When I start RifE (whether from the launcher or by loading the mod from BTS), the menu screen is nothing but an oversized picture of an erupting volcano or meteor storm or something, and in the bottom of the screen I can see the top of some text that I suspect says "Fall Further".
There is no menu frame, and I can't see any menu buttons, but I can see the cursor and if I press where the menu should be, I hear clicking sounds as if I'm clicking on menu items. I can't see anything happening, though.

I tried running in both Fullscreen and Windowed, and tried changing resolution. I installed by downloading v13.6 and then patching it with v13.7, as according to OP.

After trying to find someone else with the same problem here on the forums for a short while, I noticed people are saying this mod is more graphically intensive than CIV4 and most other CIV4 mods - The only other mod I've played is Fall from Heaven 2 (which works absolutely fine), and I'm on a 2.2 GHz single-core laptop with integrated Intel graphics... Is that what's causing this problem?

I'm having issues unzipping the 770mb file - winrar crashes half way through after spending 10-15 minutes humming to itself, and 7zip comes up with compression errors.

Any ideas? I've tried redownloading and come up with the same issues on both files.

Top Bottom