LS Civilization Set

LS, is this something I can fix?
It was my fault actually, because I haven't even bothered to check text in game.
The issue was <TextT> instead <Text> in one point (civilization civilopedia), it seems to be only in new template (once you reduced amount of diplo text).
And I forgot to add Strategy and Civilopedia text to UU/UB in sets II, V. :(

That start was so good I lost interest in medieval, grabbing all 3 Teologic wonders and Chitzen Itza.

Right now, I am updating sets III, IV, IX. Hopefully without further accidents.
Changes:
Nepal UB can be also build if city borders river. (updated text :))
Qin algorithm for Resistance include City Defense.
Qin extra XP from UB replaced with "generating 1 point toward Great General per turn".
Gallia extra production during war toned down from 25% to 15%.

Ok I went through and eliminated any other instances of the rogue T.
Also found an error in Mali.
Reuploaded with Lithuania.

Missed out some question marks in the Olmec DoM. Updated.

Turns out Simeon I was a serious badass motherer:
"After this victory, the Serbian nobility was invited to come to Bulgaria and bow to the new Prince. However, he did not appear at the supposed meeting and all of them were beheaded. Bulgaria annexed Serbia directly."

Over half way there \o/

Bulgaria were superior anyway, either way it probably would have ended the same only with less blood shed.

are you also updating unit tactics and such?

are you also updating unit tactics and such?
Unique units and buildings are all getting Text and Strategy entries in the 'pedia to go with their current Name and Description entries. (with the exception of the Lithuanian UU, I think, for which I haven't found a suitable snippet yet)

LS - thank you for all of your civs! I enjoy playing with them very much. There's another mod I use called Civ IV traits in Civ V that I noticed your civs aren't listed with. Is there a chance you'd add support for this mod?

Thanks!

(it's at http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=13427249)

LS:
  • Was just doing Tibet and it reminded me to bring up the topic of the Kumbum. In my games I tend to see Tibet's resistance to Tourism very, very high. Like several times the wonder leader. Probably helps they always spam cities like nobody's business. Anyway, was thinking the 10 culture might need to come down a bit?
  • Was looking at xml for Papal States and noticed the Swiss Guard dummy building doesn't have culture under the buildyieldchanges like I seem to remember it having before. Reason being I was going to try with +2 culture instead of +1. Is it coming from somewhere else, or did I misremember?
    Also, is it wise to have culture flavour on a unit? I seem to remember Papal States AI spamming swiss guard like montezuma spams scouts, and I wondered if this was the reason?

There's another mod I use called Civ IV traits in Civ V that I noticed your civs aren't listed with. Is there a chance you'd add support for this mod?
I personally didn't try this one because the Traits he added looked a bit crazy. Like +3 food/+1 population(!) Granted, a rising tides lifts all boats, but surely it turns out that only spiritual civs grab religion, only industrious/inventive get wonders, etc?

Anyway, maybe you'd make a list of what you think the assignments should be?

You don't like the mod don't activate it and I am with you it is badly balanced right now but adding support for the future in case the mod becomes more balanced is a good idea.

Bulgaria is awesome, sadly not represented in game. Yet we have mighty Shoshoes.

No chance for this mod to be supported by me.

Papal States indeed are bugged. Thanks for finding.

In case of Tibet, was it on normal speed game? Check if you are using newest version (one was providing double bonus). Extra Culture "defense" is actually the only interesting aspect of civ for me. I may highlight it in new version:
Spoiler :
UA - Faith is added to cultural defense.
UU - unchanged
UB - yet to be designed

I have done changes to sets VII and XI, quite happy with Vikings at last. Hungary is simplified to getting Ancient Ruins bonus from Barbarian Camps. Hittite Charriot is now attacking during breaking Zone of Control instead dealing damage based on combat prediction (so it will gain XP).

Other than that, you may leave set VIII text, because I have no idea yet what to do with Scythian UB and Romania.

So I begun reading about the Assassins and trying to guess what you will implement into them and I realised two things:
1) Doing a civ which is mostly famous for assassination in a game which the whole spy system is just lackluster and the rulers of civilisations are demigods is probably a bad idea.

2) Never trust a Mongol.

So I begun reading about the Assassins and trying to guess what you will implement into them and I realised two things:
1) Doing a civ which is mostly famous for assassination in game which the whole spy system is just lackluster and the rulers of civilisations are demigods is probably a bad idea.

2) Never trust a Mongol.

That's why the assassination part is more centered around invisible super-Longswordsmen and only vaguely around spies, which both do a thing in common anyway, that being killing garrisoned units directly.

In case of Tibet, was it on normal speed game? Check if you are using newest version (one was providing double bonus). Extra Culture "defense" is actually the only interesting aspect of civ for me.

It was newest version, but on Epic. I agree that the resistance to Tourism is really cool. Will play next game as Tibet myself and see.

Personally I would leave as-is. I really like the Golden Age effect, I think it is an underused mechanic that synergises nicely with: representation, flourishing of the arts, chicken pizza, taj mehal, that one freedom policy, etc. So I would urge you not to scrap it. Then again faith -> tourism resistance might be easier to balance in a UA, and the building could have the golden age part instead? Just a thought.

You don't like the mod don't activate it
Yeah, totally. I'm all for people going out there and making whatever they want, I think the idea is really good tbh.
On the balance of that mod, I think that those effects need to come down to the level of pantheon/religious beliefs, whereas atm they are stronger than UA. I think this would conserve the 'feel' of Civ V. Then again, if what the author wants to do is really change the pacing/feel of the game, because they are bored of it/don't like it/whatever reason, then that's up to them!

That's why the assassination part is more centered around invisible super-Longswordsmen and only vaguely around spies, which both do a thing in common anyway, that being killing garrisoned units directly.
Will this unit scale with certain technologies (at least to a degree) and wouldn't go obsolete? would be pretty weird to see one of the key features become unproducible so quickly.

Any parts of the civ about religion and city flipping?

Yeah, totally. I'm all for people going out there and making whatever they want, I think the idea is really good tbh.
On the balance of that mod, I think that those effects need to come down to the level of pantheon/religious beliefs, whereas atm they are stronger than UA. I think this would conserve the 'feel' of Civ V. Then again, if what the author wants to do is really change the pacing/feel of the game, because they are bored of it/don't like it/whatever reason, then that's up to them!
My main problem is that some strong civs receive even more ridiculous bonuses, and you are right those bonuses shouldn't be very major.

I have started working on the miserable 8, more specifically Romania, turning it into defenders of Faith. Trait will grant Faith and GAP from killing unfaithful in your territory.
Spoiler :

About Assassins, you can look for Gyra Solune's posts, his design will be almost unchanged (depends on my coding ability).

Played some wide Tibet. Was high on culture, but the wonder leader was still ahead. I think it is probably balanced, must have been the double yield thing I was remembering.

Also found out that holy sites on bananas are bananas (piety).

All my units are built with the promotion "created - this promotion is only used internally and has no effect. Ignore it."
Is this your shenanigans, LS?

Nah, I wouldn't bother to write so much text. Promotion for detecting creation is quite primitive stuff, can be seen in Archaic period of my modding, Haida Great People got one so the bonus for Totems applies only once.

You can actually help me phrase the ability:
1) Convert Faith into Culture during Golden Ages.
2) Faith is only added to Cultural Defense during no Golden Age.

Kumbum would get 2 Faith and 2 Golden Age Points.

Anyway, I noticed that you are almost done with text. I appreciate your work, once I got into updating Credits everywhere will mention your bravery. I have also two questions:
1) Do you have some civ wish I can bring to life for you?
2) Would you be interested in writing text for my new creations as well (I would bother you with PMs in time)?

Hmm, do you have all your civ icons accessible individually somewhere on imgur or something? I figure I might as well do the collaborative mod color scheme reference guide thing for your civs, but I am not sure how to obtain just the icons on their own.

You can actually help me phrase the ability:
1) Convert Faith into Culture during Golden Ages.
2) Faith is only added to Cultural Defense during no Golden Age.

Is this both on the UA?
"Generated [icon_peace] Faith resists Ideological Pressure, during a [goldenage.jpeg] Golden Age this improves to spendable culture."

Kumbum would get 2 Faith and 2 Golden Age Points.
Nice. Get rid of the +1 culture? I think you should since it is the same as that one pantheon.

Anyway, I noticed that you are almost done with text. I appreciate your work, once I got into updating Credits everywhere will mention your bravery.
Thanks, I appreciate that.

2) Would you be interested in writing text for my new creations as well (I would bother you with PMs in time)?
Of course!

1) Do you have some civ wish I can bring to life for you?
Wow that's like being given a wish :D
Wow. I'd have to think about it, in order for it to be worthy! :worship:

Lithuania text updated for UU.

Top Bottom