Runtime Error on save game load

chdtech

Chieftain
Hello,

Starting this week I have been getting a Runtime Error anytime I try to load a saved game where mods were enabled. I primarily use my own mods so I thought at first I had updated something and just simply forgot, but that wasn't the case.

Any help I could get with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Suffering from exactly the same problem, just randomly started happening a dew days ago.

If i start a game i can save it, and load it. But only in that session of Civ 5. If I come back the next day the save game will not load, instead giving me that error.

I've search around and others suggest re-installing civ5 and reinstalling steam, both of which I've tried, but no joy. I also updated my gfx drivers.

What's weird is that it just started happening out of the blue and as far as I'm aware i didn't apply any updates or modify anything.

Don't have BNW myself, just vanilla Civ 5.

I have exactly the same runtime error upon savegame load, have also not seen any steam updates for at least a week +.

The game also sets up files in the "My documents" folder under "My Games". You also may have to go in and manually delete all files there. If you want to save the 'saved' games copy them to another location. Then copy them back after reloading or playing the game.

I was just coming here to ask about this issue. I have this problem too. I can load the saved games if I put Steam in Offline mode, but I prefer not to do that because I want to be able to get achievments.

Timtofly, I am not sure I understand your solution.

If the issue is corrupted files, just verifying local content may not work. If uninstalling and re-installing the game does not help, then the corrupted file may be in the My documents folder> my games folder in windows.

If the issue is corrupted files, just verifying local content may not work. If uninstalling and re-installing the game does not help, then the corrupted file may be in the My documents folder> my games folder in windows.

Thank you, this appears to have been the source of my error, after deleting the content of this folder, problem solved. :goodjob:

Top Bottom