Do Mods Work In MP Games for BNW?

The only reason why I think they haven't is because they are afraid the mods add an uncontrollable potential instability to the MP experience.

In any case, the ability to add mods would certainly enhance the MP experience...

Marc

The only reason why I think they haven't is because they are afraid the mods add an uncontrollable potential instability to the MP experience.

In any case, the ability to add mods would certainly enhance the MP experience...

Marc

If mods make MP more unstable it is only because the MP code is substandard to start with. We have had mods/scenarios in every Civ game before this, there is no reason not to meet that standard for Civ5, it absolutely makes the game levels more replayable.

CS

If mods make MP more unstable it is only because the MP code is substandard to start with. We have had mods/scenarios in every Civ game before this, there is no reason not to meet that standard for Civ5, it absolutely makes the game levels more replayable.

CS

Agreed...

You can do mods in multiplayer in giant multiplayer robot.

Wow I didn't read all the responses got ninja'd.

Mods now seem to work in MP as of the August 21st patch. I have not tested it with another human yet, though.

Mods now seem to work in MP as of the August 21st patch. I have not tested it with another human yet, though.

I tried setting up an MP game, but didn't add another human, and although the UI continually told me that the mod was applied, when I got to the setup screen, the modded civs weren't available.

What this looks like to me is that they're working on it and it accidentally got left in the hotfix..

Thank you for the update.

MP coop games are too long, especially the way my Fam and friend play it, via Earth-Huge-12 Civs-40-51 City States. We need to use something like the "Blitz" mod again. I hope that mods will be available soon in MP...

Marc

Top Bottom