Bug Reporting

I'm seeing a discrepancy between what BUG (or is it BAT?) reports for Colony Expenses on the Financial Advisor screen and what I get when I add up for each individual city. Are there any known issues?

Also, BUG (or BAT?) doesn't take into account obsolete XP buildings when displaying projected experience when building a unit. Where could I fix that?

"bug init cannot find xml file"
I just put civ iv complete onto my new laptop, patched it to 3.16 and installed bug 4.4. when I start a new game, the above message is displayed and the horizontal command prompt bar is absent. What do I do?

"bug init cannot find xml file"
I just put civ iv complete onto my new laptop, patched it to 3.16 and installed bug 4.4. when I start a new game, the above message is displayed and the horizontal command prompt bar is absent. What do I do?

Does it say which XML file is missing? Did you run the game as administrator?

No, and no. How do I run the game as administrator?

Right click on the BTS.exe file and select Run as Administrator. It easier if you set it to always do it. Right click on the file, choose properties, and the compatibility tab. Select the little box that says Run as Administrator. It will do it all the time then, and you don't have to worry about it.

Prelude, I am sure this has been addressed somewhere but trying to find out where confuses the heck out of me.

Couple of issues: 1) ofter will not hold settings even if I save a couple of times (and also on different turns) 2) often can't get the smaller icon buttons to show.

Buck

Completely exited the game and everything seems to be as designed.

Ok, I have C2C running on several rigs, but on one laptop there is a loading error, with a static list at the top of the screen stating something like BUG error, failure to load xxxxxxx.ini, with xxxxxxx being several ingame resources like advanced diplomacy. Running win7 64 bit on a pretty solid laptop. I scrubbed and reloaded C2C without helping, and ran CCleaner while unloaded to clean up the file structure and registry.

I have other Mods loaded including Realism Invictus, C2C was the last to be installed. Anyone have a suggestion or three??

Thanks in advance.

Ok, I have C2C running on several rigs, but on one laptop there is a loading error, with a static list at the top of the screen stating something like BUG error, failure to load xxxxxxx.ini, with xxxxxxx being several ingame resources like advanced diplomacy. Running win7 64 bit on a pretty solid laptop. I scrubbed and reloaded C2C without helping, and ran CCleaner while unloaded to clean up the file structure and registry.

I have other Mods loaded including Realism Invictus, C2C was the last to be installed. Anyone have a suggestion or three??

Thanks in advance.
This sounds like a job for the C2C team. Their version of BUG is different from the standard, I believe.

You could also check out the AltRoot.py function if it hasn't been deprecated by the C2C team.

It's almost certainly because C2C is installed in the default Civ4 install location, where it can't write to any files unless you use the "run as administrator" setting due to Microsoft's UAC stuff blocking it.

thank you. It is run as admin, but not sure about the install...... I'll check.

And for sure their BUG is very different to the one in Realism.

thank you. It is run as admin, but not sure about the install...... I'll check.

And for sure their BUG is very different to the one in Realism.

Did you get it to work?

Sevopedia doesn't run fullscreen on my new laptop and it's really bugging me. Also the ends are cut off :(. Anyone know how to fix this?

Attachments

• 2014-10-04_00001.jpg
    2014-10-04_00001.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 273
Sevopedia doesn't run fullscreen on my new laptop and it's really bugging me. Also the ends are cut off :(. Anyone know how to fix this?

Two quick solutions that I can think of ...

1) get a bigger screen
2) find in the civolepdia file where it sets the size of the screen and limit the height to the screen resolution.

I've started getting a glitch that seems to occur almost randomly where my entire screen will turn a nasty shad of blinky green and purple, right before it crashes my computer. I don't know if this is a problem with the mod or civ 4 in general, but it's been making it impossible to play.

Here's the save file.

Attachments

• Pre Oracle .CivBeyondSwordSave
    143.7 KB · Views: 276
It actually sounds like a graphics card issue. I use to get something similar and it turned out to be a faulty GCard.

I have Steam Civilization 4 for Mac. After loading the latest version of BUG Mod, when I start a new game (or load an existing one), the first thing I see is a blank Science Advisor window. When I close it, I can see my two units on the map and I can control them, but there is no dashboard on the bottom, no icons on the top right of the screen, no interface at all! It's as if I were in some sort of full screen mode.

I have been looking for a solution to this problem on forums. I found 2 people with the same problem but there were no clues how to solve it. I am posting here because it's the only place I found with recent activity. If anyone knows a solution to this bug, I would really appreciate!

Simon

I installed the BAT mod and every time I build a unit it continues to build it indefinitely. How can I cancel this behavior?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    495.6 KB · Views: 239
There is an option to keep building the same unit in the BUG / BAT options somewhere.

Top Bottom