CD not detected???

JaggedRuler

Chieftain
Hey everyone, I've been having an annoying technical problem that I was hoping someone might be able to help me with.

After having played vanilla for a while I started to get a message when trying to load that game that the civ cd wasn' in the drive. Sometimes it would work but it would take 10-15 minutes to start.

I finally got conquests/patch and figured it would fix the problem. It hasn't. It still takes me 15 minutes to get the game started and I have to keep restarting my computer and opening and closing the cd drive.

When I click on Conquests the initial box will come up on my desktop but it won't go any further. I read about a similar problem in the Sticky on this page but because I can eventually get mine working I figured it might be a different problem.

Well, sorry for the long post but if anyone has any info for me it would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance!

whats your operationg system/updates/cd-drive etc?

I heard some anti-virus stuff can also be a problem, but I don't know any details, sorry...

I have a relatively new computer so that shouldn't be a problem. Also, I believe all of my drivers are up to date. I do have Norton's installed so maybe I'll try disabling that. I'll post if I have any luck.

Top Bottom