Finish Date Question

unclethrill

Why am I up right now?
I just played a vanilla duel conquest and noticed something odd. I rolled my initial warrior into the enemy city and destroyed it on turn 6. It said the Indian Civ has been destroyed but then I had to click through 5 more turns before it declared a conquest victory for me. I looked in the HOF and saw that most (maybe all) of the duel conquest wins are the same.

Is this a bug in CIV4 or in the HOF mod that doesn't allow a win before 10 turns have completed?

It's because the game makes you lose if you haven't settled before then, and for some reason it assumes there may be a rival settler kicking about, even though it must know.

I just played a vanilla duel conquest and noticed something odd. I rolled my initial warrior into the enemy city and destroyed it on turn 6. It said the Indian Civ has been destroyed but then I had to click through 5 more turns before it declared a conquest victory for me. I looked in the HOF and saw that most (maybe all) of the duel conquest wins are the same.

Is this a bug in CIV4 or in the HOF mod that doesn't allow a win before 10 turns have completed?
The earliest you can win is 3835 BC I think on Marathon. This is why all the deity fastest conquests end at the same date, with the only thing differing between them is score (extra population, etc). It is hardcoded in the game, not the HOF mod.

Well that only applies if you have "require complete kills" on, and I think TMIT had an accidental conqust win with that when he captured all AI cities anyway...

Top Bottom