Animals in BAT 4.0

Fibonacci1123

Chieftain
Hi Lemon Merchant,

First let me thank you for your hard work in putting out BAT 4.0.

The animals in BAT 4.0 are upgraded, which seems to me is a game play alteration. Is there a way to use the default animals?

I was wondering the same thing as I thought BAT was still unaltered gameplay, but the new animals I saw were 0 attack (defense only). At any rate, thanks to everyone for putting the new release together.

Hi Lemon Merchant,

First let me thank you for your hard work in putting out BAT 4.0.

The animals in BAT 4.0 are upgraded, which seems to me is a game play alteration. Is there a way to use the default animals?

I didn't think that I upgraded them. My intention was to put in some more animals for variety, but with the same characteristics as the normal animals. Note that you don't get more animals when you play, just a wider selection of animals for the game engine to choose from. I'll check the XML to make sure I didn't accidentally change something I shouldn't have.

As for the zero strength animals, they are basically there for decoration (rhinos, zebras, giraffes and the like) and not combat. If you want to kill them, well that's terribly unsporting of you, but they go away after a while.

If people feel that the new animals are altering gameplay, I can revert them to the default in a patch.

Thanks LM.

I like the new animals, but they are definitely nastier than usual. I've seen Cheetahs 2:strength: 3:move:, Lionesses 3:strength: 2:move:, and Polar Bears 6:strength: 2:move: :wow:. I might change my mind if a 3:move: critter ate a settler.

Even the cute ones running around can change the game: scouts can't attack, so they block movement. Although as Monty, I was very happy when my warrior brought me a zebra skin rug :)

BTW is there a list of the animals somewhere?

Thanks LM.

I like the new animals, but they are definitely nastier than usual. I've seen Cheetahs 2:strength: 3:move:, Lionesses 3:strength: 2:move:, and Polar Bears 6:strength: 2:move: :wow:. I might change my mind if a 3:move: critter ate a settler.

Even the cute ones running around can change the game: scouts can't attack, so they block movement. Although as Monty, I was very happy when my warrior brought me a zebra skin rug :)

BTW is there a list of the animals somewhere?

Civopedia should have the entire list. After checking it out, why is the penguin so microscopically small?

Civopedia should have the entire list. After checking it out, why is the penguin so microscopically small?
I'm not sure why. I think it has something to do with the setting in game. If I didn't shrink it, it was like Godzilla sized, but unfortunately, it made the 'pedia graphic very very small.

I didn't think that I upgraded them. My intention was to put in some more animals for variety, but with the same characteristics as the normal animals. Note that you don't get more animals when you play, just a wider selection of animals for the game engine to choose from. I'll check the XML to make sure I didn't accidentally change something I shouldn't have.

As for the zero strength animals, they are basically there for decoration (rhinos, zebras, giraffes and the like) and not combat. If you want to kill them, well that's terribly unsporting of you, but they go away after a while.

If people feel that the new animals are altering gameplay, I can revert them to the default in a patch.

I like the variety, but patching them into the options screen would be best I think, if that's possible. The decoration animals are somewhat annoying when you have a scout, see a lioness, and want to hide in a forested hill but, oops! there's a rhino kicking it up there and you can't attack with your scout so you get somewhat screwed out of a hiding spot.

I like the variety, but patching them into the options screen would be best I think, if that's possible. The decoration animals are somewhat annoying when you have a scout, see a lioness, and want to hide in a forested hill but, oops! there's a rhino kicking it up there and you can't attack with your scout so you get somewhat screwed out of a hiding spot.

Delete the folder "Atmosphere" in the Assets\Modules folder in BAT 4. It will get rid of the extra animals and revert back to the regular ones.

I'll get a permanent fix soon.

@Gwynnja
Thanks, I was thinking of something like this, but you put it so clearly

Also I am pretty sure that the cute animals spawn bust. So killing them is counter productive: penguins protect against polar bears.

@Lemon Merchant
Wow! you are incredible. A soft fix and a promise of a hard fix within a day of being informed of the problem. I wish the software companies I dealt with in real life were half as responsive as you.

@Lemon Merchant
Wow! you are incredible. A soft fix and a promise of a hard fix within a day of being informed of the problem. I wish the software companies I dealt with in real life were half as responsive as you.

Seconded. I saw BAT 4.1 in your sig and promptly installed BAT 3.0 :lol: let's try that again.

Top Bottom