True Prophet Mod

As always, Itzatrap, I've found your post to be *extremely* enlightening & helpful (as you can see in the OP, I've singled you out for an acknowledgment ;) ).
AI behaviour is definitely a "work in progress", but I'm sure we'll hit the sweet spot eventually-after all, Afforess *is* a genius when it comes to AI related matters :)! Some of the problems you noted he has fixed in the most recent iteration (not yet released), but he's still trying to break down the barrier between the AI getting a Religion-founding tech & actually *founding* a religion with the Great Prophet he/she already has. I don't think its the "Atheism" tech, because I've made that unobtainable. Still, if problems persist, that might be something I'll have to look into.
As for Building Obsolescence, that hasn't yet been incorporated into the game-but is definitely on the agenda. Again, Afforess comes to the rescue with some tags from his A New Dawn ModPack. I'm thinking of using a mix of Civics based Obsolescence (for the Burial Site & Sacred Site) & Building-based Obsolescence (so building a Hindu Temple-for example-will obsolete any Ancient Temple in that city). This way, switching to Organized Religion will remove the benefits of your Burial Grounds & Sacred Sites, but individual cities will retain their Ancient Temples until such time as a temple of the 7 major religions is built.
Similarly, terrain-based limitations on the Sacred Site have also yet to be implemented, but will be included in the next version. Because of the limitations I've imposed on all these buildings, I'm actually thinking of boosting the GPP rate, as it won't have the power to unbalance the later part of the game (i.e. *after* the major religions have been founded) I'll definitely test that before I officially release it though.

A huge thank-you for your suggestions about Building Graphics though. I've already looked into Rapture, but without success I'm afraid, but will check all the other suggestions you've made. If I find what I'm looking for, then you'll probably see them in v0.8 or 0.9.

Keep a look out for the next version, Itzatrap, 'cause I hope to have it up sometime around Tuesday of next week.

Aussie.

Hey everyone. Just wanted to give you a quick update to let you know this Mod is still in development. I'm seriously hoping to release version 1.0 sometime in the next 7-8 days. I'm just in the progress of "bug-hunting" in my C++ code (with enormous help from Afforess) &-after some testing of the new features (& the AI's use of them)-I will definitely release! "Watch this Space"....well, watch the OP space actually ;).

Aussie.

Hey everyone. Just wanted to give you a quick update to let you know this Mod is still in development. I'm seriously hoping to release version 1.0 sometime in the next 7-8 days. I'm just in the progress of "bug-hunting" in my C++ code (with enormous help from Afforess) &-after some testing of the new features (& the AI's use of them)-I will definitely release! "Watch this Space"....well, watch the OP space actually ;).

Aussie.

Well eh, it's 2013 now:D
I was wondering if a V1.0 is still coming or if I missed something and it has already been released elsewhere?

Is there any way to just have Prophets found a religion, without the whole building component?

Top Bottom