Mercenaries Mod *UPDATED*

Please make sure that your BtS version is updated to 3.19. (don't trust the auto updater! Update manually!)

If it is, then please activate Python exceptions in your main .ini file.
Open the file (Documents\My Games\Civilization4.ini) with a text editor (right click -> open with... -> choose wordpad or notepad), and change
PHP:
; Set to 1 for no python exception popups
HidePythonExceptions = 1

to 0. Then start again, and tell us what error messages you get.

Forgive me for not reading through the entire thread, but is it possible to mod this to work with units that can not be built only? Or more specifically, only a select group of units can be purchased as mercenaries.

System write me:
0 units wil be not allowed...
I think that the system sees a mistake , it can read that are not restricted units. But do not write where in the code search, where is the mistake.
We need a patient pythonist that passes through the code

There must be something wrong, that's no real error message.
Check again if it's still set to 0 in the .ini

Another thought: The mod comp goes to C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Civ4\BtS\Mods (that's the standard path), and NOT into Documents\My Games\BtS\Mods.

Okay I get it. :think:
I did everything said, I have the patch, the things are set in the Civ Config file
I got this when I started my game.
-Traceback (most recent call last)
-File <string>, line 1, in ?
-File <string> line 52, in load_module (This repeated every other dialogue box)
-File CvEventInterface line 17 in ?
-File CvCustomEventManager line 21, in ?
-File CvEventManager,line 12, in ?
-File CvScreenInterface, line 3, in ?
-File CvMainInterface, line 11, in ?
-File CvMercenaryManager, line 13, in ?
-File MercenaryUtils, line 16, in ?
-File CvConfigParser line 26, in ?
-File <string> line 52, in load_module (this one stopped repeating here)
Then:
-CvPath, line 115, in?
-CvPath, line 98, in_getUserDir
-CvPath, line 105, in_getInstallDir
-CvPath, line 88, in_getRegValue
-Windows Error
-:
-[Errno2] The System cannot find the file specified.
-Failed to load CvEventInterface

Different possibilities:
a)
Another thought: The mod comp goes to C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Civ4\BtS\Mods (that's the standard path), and NOT into Documents\My Games\BtS\Mods.

b) if you updated the game via the auto updater...then do it again, manually. The auto updater is not reliable.

c) the name of the mod comp has to be exactly like in the download. If you renamed the folder, then please rename it back.

I did all those, my game works now, but the mod isn't. Ahhh. I give up, I'll just make do without. Thanks guys for trying to help though :)

Top Bottom