Best team of 3 civs?

you could have Assyria/Korea kind of cheat by allowing a garbage city to keep changing hands for the techs.

Polynesia/Huns/Danes. Gift military stuff to Polynesia for early rush. Polynesia captures a coastal city on other land mass and gifts it to the Danes. Then continue to send troops across the ocean with Polynesia and gift them to the Danes when they arrive for powerful coastal raiding.

Or Polynesia/Carthage/Byzantium. Gift Dromons and Quinqueremes to Polynesia for a powerful early rush.

I have been thinking, we wanted to grab both the great lighthouse and the great library for early control of the tech tree.

But, how viable is it to take both, and with England in play which is the most important to grab? I think the other team would probably go for the great library but it is hard to say.

I have been thinking, we wanted to grab both the great lighthouse and the great library for early control of the tech tree.

But, how viable is it to take both, and with England in play which is the most important to grab? I think the other team would probably go for the great library but it is hard to say.

IMHO it's the Great Lighthouse hands down.

The GL is great but one of the biggest bonus is 1 shot, whereas the +1 mov can make the difference in seawarfare.

If one of the other players is the Dutch or Ottomans or another naval power, have them go for the Great Lighthouse. Their ships will then be able to keep up with the English ones. Otherwise, England should try for it.

In regards the Great Library - I'd say don't worry about it. Let the other team get it so they're distracted and focus on building up your military instead.

What speed are you planing on? An intercontinental rush on quick sounds like a low probability play to me.

here is a question, can I build polders in my allied territory?

Hello,
on a large hemispheres map (that I edited so that the two bigger teams always spawn together, and the AI are distributed randomly)

We are quite competitive, so we have been thinking a lot about what civs we should each play to maximise our efficiency.

Thanks,
Jamie

First off the words hemispheres and competitive should not be used in the same posting. How is a map that separates you from the enemy leaving you both completely un-harassed competitive?

Hemispheres is a garbage map for team games. It's a carebear simcity build up fest until you both get naval units. Who can make the most frigates is not my idea of a competition.

Play a map designed for team games like skirmish if you're trying to be competitive.

As for your question, the most competitive way to go would be if you all mirrored each other IE: you are the same civs they are. This eliminates a lot of imbalances that occur due to OP/UP civs. If you're all just really crappy civs that makes the game most about skill/competition.

Also ban great wall, terracotta, +4 faith pantheon and all gold from religion for the most fair game possible. No CS, No Barbs and no Ruins for a really competitive skill based teamer.

Polynesia for player two. Lots of early happiness, gold and huts through exploration. benefits to the whole team.

Science bonus's are shared, culture is each players. so Prioritise science even more as a team.

I play a lot of hotseat vs the ai though, I don't have enough patience for mp.

Very interesting thread, thank you.

I like the Polynesia, Huns and Danes idea. The other team will be looking to carebear SimCity until astronomy and will think they are safe. Swim over with Polynesia, set up a few beachhead cities and spam horse archers and rams, follow up with berserkers. They won't know what hit them and will be overrun.

Top Bottom