Absurdities the AI does

I've never been able to understand how the ai can sit on 30000 gold whilst I cruise to a diplo victory. Surely the AI would wait until the right moment and wade in with a round of bribes to all the CS I had under my influence. I mean it happens, certain civs do try and stick the oar in, but its so half hearted. If the AI is sitting on that much cash then surely they could take much more action than they do in those situations?

I've never been able to understand how the ai can sit on 30000 gold whilst I cruise to a diplo victory. Surely the AI would wait until the right moment and wade in with a round of bribes to all the CS I had under my influence. I mean it happens, certain civs do try and stick the oar in, but its so half hearted. If the AI is sitting on that much cash then surely they could take much more action than they do in those situations?

Votes are locked in at the start of the voting round, so it's no use buying city states for their votes until close to a new voting round starting. Although I'm not exactly sure how that works with the host vote.

Votes are locked in at the start of the voting round, so it's no use buying city states for their votes until close to a new voting round starting. Although I'm not exactly sure how that works with the host vote.

Either way, it doesn't explain why the Ai's just amass pots of gold and do nothing with it.

On the subject of absurd AI behavior:

Something I saw recently, an AI (Poland) captures a city from another AI (the Huns) and they start razing the city. seems pretty normal.

While its burning, they use their missionaries to convert its religion before its destroyed. a few turns later, no more city.
just... wow.
Couldn't find some other city to convert? I know there are some conversion bonuses sometimes, but it still seems like a waste of missionaries.

On the subject of absurd AI behavior:

Something I saw recently, an AI (Poland) captures a city from another AI (the Huns) and they start razing the city. seems pretty normal.

While its burning, they use their missionaries to convert its religion before its destroyed. a few turns later, no more city.
just... wow.
Couldn't find some other city to convert? I know there are some conversion bonuses sometimes, but it still seems like a waste of missionaries.

Interfaith Dialogues would be why. It gives you free science for each city that hasn't been converted before. I would use it on a burning city.

How about you and one or two other AI civs have been best buds all game. You all three gang up on two other Civs, and wipe them off the map. Now both hate you. End result is the biggest war of the whole game. I ended up dropping a few nukes on them for retribution. Fun war considering the two largest armies faced off. I was winning though, but Rome won a science victory.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom