Easter Egg!!

mabusciv

Chieftain
If you open the Civ4CiviliationInfos.xml file and edit the "bAIPlayable" and "bPlayable" settings to 1 instead of zero the Barbarians become playable as a civilization.

When you choose the barbarians as a civ in the menu, you will be able to choose two skill levels. Minors or barbarians.

Minors are a a minor civilization which can found cities and so forthe just as any other civ could. They play as the Native American indians with Sid Meier as the head barbarian {not kidding}. Each city they found becomes an indian tribe {the cherokee, navajo, olmec, apache etc...}

When you choose the Barbarian Skill setting you play as the actual barbarians you normally see attacking everyone. You cannot found cities and just basically wander around the map trying to attack someone.

Huge thanks to Rayanth for the editing tip

More specifically, search through Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml for the term :

<Type>CIVILIZATION_BARBARIAN</Type>

Scroll down a few lines and change bPlayable.

(I just told him how to do it -- he did it and idscovered Sid was the leader :D )

madviking said:
Where is the file?

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Assets\XML\Civilizations

Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml

um... change directory to appropriate installation location if you changed it during install... but otherwise, if you can play the game, that xml should exist... it defines EVERY Civilization in the game....

You're looking on your harddrive, where the game was installed, not the cd.

Interesting... It's not much fun playing as barbs though. You get only one lowly warrior and nothing else.

It's not the true barbarians, though, as true ones will still appear.

Weird, my bAIPlayable and bPlayable are already at 1, and I never modified this file...

Weird, my bAIPlayable and bPlayable are already at 1, and I never modified this file..

There are several of them. Search for <Type>CIVILIZATION_BARBARIAN</Type> and you will find the correct ones.

Top Bottom