XXL World

hi i haven't finished the map
screenshots Civ4ScreenShot0028.JPG Civ4ScreenShot0029.JPG
i've had chop some areas of the mapto make it fit in
its needs more work on the coastlines (as you can see)it needs resoures,mountains.
:rolleyes:

Oh, yes. It looks a bit...err..it looks like...hmm...World Map! :goodjob:

Nice trу, kristopherb. Keep it up! Coastlines? Who cares about coastlines?! :D

FatherDagon said:
However, when it took 3 minutes to fully load the Wheel tech summary screen, I realized I couldn't actually play this big of a game... yet anyway.

You are right. We need poweful PC to play gigantic maps. I'v played till 1900, but switched off all high graphics to make moves. I would recommend to try XXL World Size, it's much more playble than Gigantic and still larger than Huge. ;)

sorry guys i was sorting out my civ follders and i acidently deleted it
i might start a new one

Version 1.1 is up! :cool:

- 24 civs .dll for patch 2.08 (Warlords)
- (8 World Sizes): 2 new sizes don't replace original ones now
- added modified WorldPicker
- all standard map scripts supported! (Great Plains, Highlands, Inland Sea, Ice Age, Lakes, Oasis, Pangaea, and Terra modified a bit)

.dll only set MAX_CIV_PLAYERS from 18 to 24

me like thank you never mind

after acuople of games ive found that you need state propity for a small empire.so please can adjust the "distance from place"costs.

State property for a small civ... I prefer duel size, stopped playing huge in civ3 :) .

hi everyone im creating the world map on gigantic .
Ive had to chop off the north pole some of norway and north russia
this the first time ive tried creating a map from scatch(never mind this size)

He has a GIGANTIC amount of tiles and he still cuts off at 33° north...
Northwest passage!

He has a GIGANTIC amount of tiles and he still cuts off at 33° north...
Northwest passage!

sorry ive given up on thatits to big

Dang... I need to try this at some point (I play huge/fractal all the time with 18 civs).

How much RAM are we talking? (I have 2GB)

2GB? Oh, great. Then your wouldn't be disappointed for sure. :D

I have 1GB - and yes, no problems. Well, at least with XXL size. Not so lucky with Gigantic maps, though :rolleyes:

Can you put the new version in zip file not rar becuase its annoying me.every time i atempt to download it just doesnt work.

This mod supports most map scripts

I noticed that in your Mod file you have CvGameCoreDLL.dll.
Did you edit this file or this includes Solver's BTS Fixes?

Also, can you tell me how you edited the tsandard maps?
Because I use Tectonics Map Script found here http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=149278 and would like to make it compatible with that.

Hey !!

I'm new on that forum... but, well, i play civ for loooong time (Civnet 1992)
That civ IV version is really great!!
I would like to bring a stone to the building... creating some stuff, and , i think i would take a big pleasure doing a earth map, with ur gigantic size...
even if it takes me time...
i 'll do thsi for myself.. i wanna play such a big map, with maybe 50 civs.. .depending if computer can survive...
then i'll share it, if i succeed do something !!

but, i'm not sure about specifications, and what contains the ap in Civ IV...

as i read a bit..
i think i understood, maps contains civ starts points, and number, and other stuff too... !!??

I wish i could make an earth, with variable number and civs...

If someone can explain me...

other question, why a 50*33 map is 26 400 plots??

thanx

This is driving me crazy... Am I the only one who can't get this to work? I really enjoy playing huge maps, and am really excited about this one. However, I am doing something wrong, I think. Or perhaps I just don't know how to get it working.

I d/l'ed this, installed it to mods, run the game, advanced, load mod. I can load this, but no matter where I go, be it play now, load a scenario, or custom game, I never get the option for xxl or gigantic. Can someone please direct me in the right direction?
Thanks so much for making the map. I am sure I will enjoy it greatly!

i think i understood, maps contains civ starts points, and number, and other stuff too... !!??

I wish i could make an earth, with variable number and civs...

If someone can explain me...
Hi, French guy! It's not easy to explain all things about mapmaking, I would reommend to start with this thread. And you could play Giant Earth map by Genghis Kai. You won't be disappointed. :)

other question, why a 50*33 map is 26 400 plots??
(50x4)x(33x4). it's about 3d world in civ4.

Top Bottom