[BtS]40 civs-allows colonies AND 34 civs

I use the FX-Mammoth map size. There's also a "Gigantic" map size in the mod XXL World, but since I ony have 1 GB RAM I don't think it will work for me.

I use 34 civs, fractal map, and low sea level. This usually leads to quite dynamic games in which the AI civs have about 9 cities on average - some grow considerably larger (Shaka had nearly 20 cities in my last game), and some (but not many) go extinct.

Psyringe: Hey it's no big deal. I enjoy doing the modding, it helps me feel like my programming classes in college weren't a total waste of money. :)

marx&engles: My changes don't change anything outside the files they're in so there shouldn't be any compatibility problems. Are the other source files you're combining with created using the 3.13 patch? Maybe they include Bhruic's changes? Do they have versions of the files I have modified that you're overwritting with mine? The source files I released are modified from the base 3.13 game immediatly after patching.

I don't know what's wrong, because it doesn't work when I try to use only the source code for this mod.

I replaced the original files copied from the BtS CvGamecoredll with the 3 changed files from this mod (v4 from the first post) : CvDefines, CvGame, and CvPlayer. After that, I created a dll using C++. Then, whenever I try to use it in a mod, it crashes.

If you can find any obvious mistakes, thanks in advance. Otherwise, I'll probably just start a new thread in the SDK subforum.

marx&engles: Are you compiling the dll as "final release"? It defaults to compile as debug and it won't work that way. Other than that I'm not sure what's going on.

Hi Lt.Bob,

Bhruic has released v1.09 of his unofficial patch, which (among some other things) supposedly fixes the capitulation bug present in v1.08. An update to the "Bhruic version" of your mod would be very much appreciated. :)

ok, I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I still can't seem to start with more than 18 civs even with the mod. Is there something else to be done other than to drop it in my mods folder and click play?

Is there something else to be done other than to drop it in my mods folder and click play?
Don't click on "Play Now" - this is a shortcut to start a game which doesn't give you all the options. Instead, click on "Custom Game". Choose your map size. Then, add players one by one by clicking on the tab reading "Closed" and change it to "AI".

I have tried the custom game option, as well, and have gone through and clicked to allow 18 AI players, but then once I have 18, it will not let me add any more. Does it only work on specific map types? I tried on the big and medium map.

Then the mod isn't active. You did load the mod, right? And there is a small text "40Civs" showing in the upper right corner of the main menu after loading the mod?

How did you install the mod?

I put it in My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS

Then when I started the game, went to advanced, load a mod and clicked on 40.

Well, My Documents is the wrong place:

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\ thats the place ANY BtS mod should go.

FastWorker: Bastian-Bux is correct on the path. Somebody earlier was having a similar problem to your own. I still don't know what caused their problem but we did get it to work by backing up and then replacing the original CvGameCoreDLL.dll file with my own. This essentially makes my dll the default (my mod only contains changes to the dll now) and seems to work no matter what.

FastWorker: Bastian-Bux is correct on the path. Somebody earlier was having a similar problem to your own. I still don't know what caused their problem but we did get it to work by backing up and then replacing the original CvGameCoreDLL.dll file with my own. This essentially makes my dll the default (my mod only contains changes to the dll now) and seems to work no matter what.

That's odd. The My Doc path works just fine for me. I can run custom scenarios like a dream.

I moved it to the program files mods folder, but am getting the same result. It doesn't seem to make much difference if I put it in the mydocs or program files folder. I don't have a problem replacing my original CvGameCoreDLL.dll if that is the only way to get it to work. Where can I find this?

I moved it to the program files mods folder, but am getting the same result. It doesn't seem to make much difference if I put it in the mydocs or program files folder. I don't have a problem replacing my original CvGameCoreDLL.dll if that is the only way to get it to work. Where can I find this?

The original CvGameCoreDLL.dll will be in the game's install directory, something like this (I install to a seperate folder so this is from memory):
C:\Program Files\Sid Meir's Civilization IV\Beyond the Sword\Assets
If you just replace the dll there with mine it will work. Just make sure you make a backup first. :)

Top Bottom