Mercenaries Mod *UPDATED*

Hi all and Strategyonly especialy... Thanks SO for help with Mercenaries insertion in all files.
I was pleased AI used this modcomp and it make game stronger. AI break into my archer land with one rider and I have had full hand of work :)

thanks for modcomp and help

Hroch

So, is anyone here who uses the mod?
Because i'm talking atm with hroch, because initially he had some problems, but i also can't figure it out.

Easy problem:
- Merged mercenary mod into a mod
- Unit exclusion doesn't work.

Testwise:
- Downloaded the mod
- renamed the folder to to "merc test"
- Changed the mod name in CvModName.py to "merc test"
- removed all the ; in the "Mercenaries Mod config.ini" from the test units
- Loaded it
- Don't get any exceptions
- But all units, which should be excluded, are appearing.

So, where's the problem here? Does anyone have an idea?

So, is anyone here who uses the mod?
Because i'm talking atm with hroch, because initially he had some problems, but i also can't figure it out.

Easy problem:
- Merged mercenary mod into a mod
- Unit exclusion doesn't work.

Testwise:
- Downloaded the mod
- renamed the folder to to "merc test"
- Changed the mod name in CvModName.py to "merc test"
- removed all the ; in the "Mercenaries Mod config.ini" from the test units
- Loaded it
- Don't get any exceptions
- But all units, which should be excluded, are appearing.

So, where's the problem here? Does anyone have an idea?

Only a few would know this problem, they are Rhye, Kael, Darque and The_Lopez, which i believe are all gone now?:(

try taking a look at the ryhes code? also ryhe is not gone...

Mar 20, 2011 11:48 AM

last time he logged on...

try taking a look at the ryhes code? also ryhe is not gone...

Mar 20, 2011 11:48 AM

last time he logged on...

I just talked to Rhye and he said: He hasn't the time to look at anything , he's too busy.

You can't use mine directly because it features some RFC specific code (iirc, Carthaginian UP)

I´m not programmer but can somebody find how write restrict list directly to python code?

Check MercenaryUtils.py from Rhye's and Fall, notably all code involving lForbiddenUnits. Very simple really - it's just a list of unit types + two lines of code to check if the potential unit is on that list.

Check MercenaryUtils.py from Rhye's and Fall, notably all code involving lForbiddenUnits. Very simple really - it's just a list of unit types + two lines of code to check if the potential unit is on that list.

Yeees. Excellent advice :) thanks. Now mod work well :goodjob:

Unfortunatelly, when I use MercenaryUtils.py from Rhye's and Fall, restrict list works fine but game crash with advenced technology - last era technologies...

Is here somebody who can help me, please? Maybe is possible from MercenaryUtils.py from Rhye's and Fall take principle how paste restrict list to existing Mercenary mod...

thanks for answer
Hroch

Hi, many thanks... Here are pack with two mercenaryutils files. One from my mod and second from Rhyes. I hope is possible find way...

I never play Rhyes mod but I think in rhyes mod are not last eras. It is why his files makes game srash in my mod with all eras...

Thanks for help and if you need make some building, send word.
Hroch

Attachments

• Mutils.rar
    37.7 KB · Views: 86
Hi all. Another request - help please :please:

I want explain why is for me so important have functional mercenaries mod with restrict list.

I made a number units marked as UU for unexisting civilization. For example:
<Class>UNITCLASS_SWORDSMAN</Class>
<Type>UNIT_BLABLABLA_SWORD</Type>
Game not use these units. Mercenaries mod can use these units and it is why I need have restricted classic units and allow to mercenaries mod use all notstandard units :)

Maybe is this interesting for you too :)

Help me somebody, please ???? :please:

hrochland, I use restrict list without problems. I looked at your files and you properly only applied the changes that pertain to restrist list. Therefore, the problem you are experiencing is not related to Rhye's file at all - it's something with your mod and/or the original mercenaries mod.

Do you know how to debug Python or DLL? It's nearly impossible to tell what causes the crash without debug messages and logs. Make sure the following are set in your CivilizationIV.INI file:

HidePythonExceptions = 0
LoggingEnabled = 1
OverwriteLogs = 1
MessageLog = 1
ShowPythonDebugMsgs = 1

This will show some Python errors in game, and others in the log files. If that doesn't work, compiling a debug DLL can show even more info.

Curious !! ShowPythonDebugMsgs I no find in my CivilizationIV.ini / (in BtS folder of course)
:confused:

BTW, thanks for hope, embryodead. I´m not programmer but I can see what write python... After can write here and peoples can give advice.
:)
If want somebody help me, I can send all my python files.

About ShowPythonDebugMsgs, simply add ShowPythonDebugMsgs = 1 at the end of CivilizationIV.ini

There's no use of Python files, you can't spot an error in thousands of lines of code, you need to debug it. What you can try is post log files from immediately after your mod has crashed. ZIP all the files located in: My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Logs and post them.

Hey man, do you still have it lying around?
Because the download doesn't work anymore.

Should work now, BUT its:old: and outdated:mischief:

If you want a better copy look above a few posts and ask hrochland, i believe he has a better copy of it???

Top Bottom