The Scottish Sagas (Viking RFC)

me too :agree:

I don't know who'd made contact with the Inca's I hadn't seen anything of them, though they might have met the Portuguese in C.A. I kinda thought you can't get conquerors after 1500ad, but I might be wrong.

As releasing the Russian cities from captivity had sped up Scottish research the secrets of Astronomy were within reach. To further increase scientific research the Administrators of the Scottish New World gave up their captured city to the recently discovered natives, and the colonists followed the new settlers northwards.

This meant the over the next years the Scots perfected long range navigation, and started sending ships out to trade newly possible routes.

The new sea routes meant that the colonists in the New World were no longer isolated, and this gave them the support to found a new city upriver of the ruins of Tampico. This was to become a fortress of Scottish intent in the new world.

Now Scotland was truly a colonial power it seemed redundant to treat it as a mere Kingdom. Scottish control extended all the way across the Baltic to the east, all of old Norse Scandinavia, the conquered kingdoms of England and Holland and their new lands across the ocean. Representatives from all these far flung cities were called to the court of Iona to hear the King proclaim a new age of Scotland’s dominance. No longer did he rule just the Kingdom of Scotland, now his word was law across the new Scottish Empire.

The new methods of navigation had allowed the construction of bigger and bigger ships, but they were still dangerously unarmed. The Scots needed the French secrets of Military Science to outfit their ships with bigger and better cannon, but the French were unwilling to trade. The King sighed at the untrustworthiness of allies, and ordered all diplomatic efforts to be aimed towards France.

As the sixteenth century progressed other nations increased their standing on the world stage as well. The Holy Roman Empire secured its ancestry to the Great Roman Empire by recapturing the last rebellious parts of Italy. They professed to follow the old Roman faith of Christianity, but they lacked the relics and history of their religion as the Holy City Mediolanium had been razed by Huns a thousand years ago.

As the Scottish economy was still tanking the Portuguese request for the return of Cartagena, on the Mediterranean coast, was welcomed. Cartagena had performed well for the Scots, pumping out Jewish missionaries for the heathen Scottish Empire, but its task had been completed and its culture was starting to slow down the other Iberians.

Unfortunately it seemed that the Russian nobles had been unable to keep their unstable country together, and almost immediately as the Scots ceded control the protectorate fragmented into individual city-states. These cities did not pose any threat to the Scots, but their rebellion did legitimise the plundering of their countrysides. The Scottish armies moved back in to pillage any settlements, farms mines or pastures.

All the fighting and the plagues had sapped away at the stability of the Scottish Empire, and things had to change. The Scottish Emperor decided that stability lay in faith, and ordered the Spanish Jews to start spreading their message throughout his cities. Amsterdam and London were two of the first to see the light.

The treasury was still depleting daily, so the Scottish Emperor ordered his planners to find new unguarded targets. They came back to him with old maps of the African Nile, showing the rich and populous towns that stretched along both banks. The Emperor was pleased, and ordered his restless troops in Russia to head south, where they could rendezvous with transports in the Med.

As the Scottish sailors mapped out the coast of the New World continents they saw a strange sight, a Spanish caravel captured and refitted by the Portuguese, who lacked the craftsmanship to build their own.

The Scottish Empire now contained people from many cultures and creeds, and they were clamouring for more living space in the crowded Scottish Isles. To create a presence on the new southern continent a Scottish prince named Taillear took with him a disparate band of ex-Iberian colonists and made landfall to the south of the great jungle.

They quickly named their new city Roskilde, and set about improving their new land.

By this year Judaism had spread throughout much of the Empire and most importantly to the Emperors court in Iona. Hoping that faith would save his Empire from collapse he ordered the mass conversion of the Scots to this new-found faith.

I think the Germans are in need of some crushing!

:agree: Great job! You know, we agreed on you being one of the 5 Best Authors here aside from Sisutil and TD. The other 4 were Yoshi, AOS9001, Jusos, and Gruekiller.

Yeah that doesnt sound too bad, as long as my Empires still alive. Any idea what tile Almity's on? Looking at google earth I would say the tile below the lake, what do you think?

what up with pre-built road system in S America?

Pretty mega Incan roads arent they? They go all the way up to the resources the other side of the Andes to the Incans. Annoyingly they're very useful for the dog soldiers

Great update! Love all your stories. :D

Great update! Haven't checked several stories lately, this being one of them. I see now that this was a grave mistake. Excellent work! :thumbsup:

Great update. I have an idea. The scots should colonize North america and then you scould take America when it will spaw.

Great update. I have an idea. The scots should colonize North america and then you scould take America when it will spaw.

It's the best idea to colonise NA, but it happens almost every game. In my mind (since Biology and Medicine are essential ASAP in RFC) South America is more interesting to colonise, especially since ive conquered the Spanish and Dutch, and the French and Portuguese are under my thumb.

So for a change the only NA cities will be in Mexico, and of course Vinland :) plus there was a good case for Almity. Im gonna go south instead. Especially since my last game was as America, im kinda disposed to letting them have a free hand this game.

I've never really been interested in settling South America, I've always preferred the north. You should at least found Chicago and Denver, though!

I only settle SA if I'm Portugal, Spain, England, or the Netherlands. I usually settle Canada to stay out of America's way.

Top Bottom