Improving the "Server is down" message

I don't know every injoke, but I don't get how you can spend much time in OT and not hear about the video camera and pants.

For reference, the origin of that joke.
Thanks for explaining (at least somebody did the gentlemanly thing and helped me understand!). That was kinda cute. :lol:

Anyway, now that I know the story, I still think it's an in-joke known to too few people around the forum to be appreciated by people who have never ventured into OT.

Sometimes i wish there was a CFC meme reference page

Thanks for explaining (at least somebody did the gentlemanly thing and helped me understand!). That was kinda cute. :lol:

Anyway, now that I know the story, I still think it's an in-joke known to too few people around the forum to be appreciated by people who have never ventured into OT.

I mean, seriously, this was one of the biggest running jokes in OT, along with DT, Hotpockets, and hypnotoad.

It's a waste of time for the admins who should be busy trying to prevent the outages in the first place.

Clearly you don't have a sense of humour.

It's a waste of time for the admins who should be busy trying to prevent the outages in the first place.

Or: "I have no sense of humor so everyone else should be just as humorless as me!"

I mean, seriously, this was one of the biggest running jokes in OT, along with DT, Hotpockets, and hypnotoad.

I haven't actually heard much about hotpockets, at least not the same extent as the other ones.

And of course, there's that other running joke, referring to banana-loving primates with radioactive qualities.

The only one I confess to know about is where Poland is.

I have no idea what downtown's real name is. The other two hold no interest for me whatsoever.

It's not necessary for everybody to know every in-joke to be "accepted" in OT. And I remind people that OT is not the entire forum. When the server is down, it's everybody who sees the message, not just OT regulars. So whatever message gets used, whether the current one or a new one, must make sense to people who have never even considered venturing into OT. Since this is a Civ forum and even non-Civ players have heard of some of the basics of the game, it seems a Civ-related message would be apt.

How about "We have enough on our hands right now"?

Thunderfall= absentee landlord

I think by now we should be asking him to sell this site to us... (mildly serious)

He never got back to me on a valuation...

Question: If something were to happen to Thunderfall and he was rendered incapable of running the website, could it be "salvaged"?

For example, if he had some sort of accident or a disease, could CFC keep on running on the long run without an admin?

Top Bottom