Egypt?

Their UU is one of the best outside of keshiks/camel archers, and it's just another aspect of a great kit- a top tier UB, decent UA, and the ever-popular desert start bias. There isn't a ton of synergy between these parts, but they are still very strong overall.

As someone who likes to pick my starting civ, I've always liked the Handbook for Despots and Dictators, which the OP was referencing.

As a quick guide to the UUs, UAs and UBs it's very handy, though I agree the suggested strategies should mostly be ignored.

There's actually a fair amount of synergy between their UU, UB, and bias. The chariot is an incredibly strong early UU that excels on flatland terrain (like their start bias); their UB gives a lot of happiness and gold, the two main resources that keeps a domination run going (the Happiness especially is huge), plus faith, the one resource that still scales well with more cities.

It's a fantastic Domination setup, though one that's at complete odds with their Unique Ability. Of course, the UA's still decent, and helps make Egypt a very diverse civ.

Their UU is one of the best outside of keshiks/camel archers, and it's just another aspect of a great kit- a top tier UB, decent UA, and the ever-popular desert start bias. There isn't a ton of synergy between these parts, but they are still very strong overall.

Egypt doesn't have desert starting bias. They have Avoid Jungle and Forest.

That guide is garbage: Here is my Egypt guide: Liberty, Caravan to 2nd city, spam chariots out of both cities. WIN!

Egypt's UU is awesome, it delivers one of the most potent early rushes in the game, almost on a par with the Huns.

Yup... cheaper than CB and otherwise the same, but faster (super fast in fact); on flat ground they are better than horse archers, and they also require no horse. THE best UU early game I feel.

The huns can move in difficult terrain and get the free promotion. Makes them a bit more potent in that they can carry an attack into places where the war chariot would founder and they get to logistics and range quicker.

The Huns UU costs less hammers, is stronger and is not stopped by hills. They are far superior. They also don't cost any horses just like Egypt.

Piety: Not seeing anything about Egypt's UA or UB making Piety more appealing than standard civ (Egypt does NOT have Poland's free culture policies to play with nor does it have Byzantine bonus Religious belief)

Faith production is linear; so more cities mean more faith. Egypt's UB means they are the civ least limited by happiness in maxing out on cities and you can afford to have tons of temples (since no upkeep).

Piety 1) boosts your shrines and temples, 2) builds them for less and 3) lets you spend the faith in a meaningful manner (Jesuit Education or Glory of God).

To me, they're one of the best civs to go Piety with.

Hey!

Well I went back to try out Egypt after that one beatdown to a CV and I guess I'm doing pretty good actually! :)

I ended up having Thebes ~12 before I even got 2nd city up and I had like 5 wonders in it. In other words, I went wonderwhoring till 500g to buy a settler and one turn later I noticed I don't have wonder's to build so I went and built a 2nd settler and made two cities with pretty good spots.

I went full Trad -> Consulates+that 25% Science boost. Not sure was it ideal, pretty surely far from it xd But I'm swimming in cash atm and I guess if I finish Pat and head for 3Policies from Rat before Ideologies I'll end up being able to win with any VC, althought there was a point where I lost few wonders due to AI leading me in tech so much.

I mean I think I got the tech phase good enuff to win a SV eventually or help a DV.
I got the cast to win DV or help maintaining army for a DV+CSallies, not sure thought will they contribute much on war.
And last I think I got the WW's this time to hit a CV, althought I don't have the Aesthetics opened up or is it not worth it to even consider this one without Aesthetics?

I'm playing Emperor btw.

It's a fantastic Domination setup, though one that's at complete odds with their Unique Ability. Of course, the UA's still decent, and helps make Egypt a very diverse civ.

Actually, I wouldn's say completely, since you can focus on the wonders that make you'r army better, so it sort of can synergize I guess? :D

How's Egypt on Deity btw?

I mean does that UA has any use in there? Chariot seems pretty good and BT aswell. Afaik wonders are scarce in there so is there anyidea to go with Egypt and try to get pretty many wonders? I'm currently going for SV and, because of those wonders I have no problem with Ideology pressure so I was just wondering how things will change when I go up in difficulty.

Top Bottom