Negative World Map value??

traius

His own worst enemy
I was going to trade my Music for Suryavarman's Compass, and I asked him what would make the deal work.
He offered 260 gold and his world map. We were both stuck on the same continent, and he knew no more of the world than I did (and in fact I had already paid him 5 gold for his world map a few turns earlier), so I figured I may as well remove the world map from the trade for the slight, SLIGHT increase in the"Our trade relations have been fair and forthright" diplo aspect.
To my surprise, he refused to make the trade! When I added the world map back in, he would accept. So... in his mind his map is worth less than nothing!

That's... odd. :crazyeye: I've always seen the AI sell their map for a minimum of 5:gold:, even if I just bought it from them three seconds earlier.

traius said:
I was going to trade my Music for Suryavarman's Compass, and I asked him what would make the deal work.
He offered 260 gold and his world map. We were both stuck on the same continent, and he knew no more of the world than I did (and in fact I had already paid him 5 gold for his world map a few turns earlier), so I figured I may as well remove the world map from the trade for the slight, SLIGHT increase in the"Our trade relations have been fair and forthright" diplo aspect.
To my surprise, he refused to make the trade! When I added the world map back in, he would accept. So... in his mind his map is worth less than nothing!
That's... odd. :crazyeye: I've always seen the AI sell their map for a minimum of 5:gold:, even if I just bought it from them three seconds earlier.
Like most tradeable objects maps do have a minimum value of 10 in normal trade practice, and this works out as 5:gold:.
It can't go any lower so it can't go negative, so my guess is that theres some kind of difference between what an AI would usually accept compared to what it offers if you ask it, as I don't know that code I cant re out it going negative there :confused:

Do you have a save showing this? I would be interested in seeing if, when putting in manually, the trade that the AI offered when prompted would be accepted or not.

Top Bottom