King of the Hill (wanted)

cemason

Chieftain
Yo...I guess I'm too ghetto to do this myself so I'm going to ask if there's anyone out there who already knows the Civ4 scripting and map generation who might be interested in making this kind of mod/scenario.

This is what I think KotH should be:

- One relatively large island (say 20x20 up to 32x32) with only one city on it at the start of the game. The city is barbarian controlled, or perhaps controlled by an AI Civ. Starting on this island are barbaric lions, warriors, a starting worker and warrior for the barbarians/AI. The barbarians/AI are prevented from producing settlers but can improve the land as they see fit.

- 4 to 5 outlying islands that circle around the middle one. Each of the smaller islands are home to one of the 4-5 players. Each player on his own island. Each island providing the same resources, nearly the same terrain layout (except could be oriented to have a focus on the middle island) as all the others so that no island has any unfair advantage over the other. All players are allowed to make as many cities as they want as long as they are on their own island. Each player starts with just a settler. Cities on your own island are safe from attack from other players permanently. In other words, the other players are not allowed to land and explore your island.

- The goal would be to grow and focus on an army and navy to storm the middle island and take control of the barbaric city and keep it controlled for a time victory. Then after 5400 years (4000bc to 1400ad) the single player who controls the barbaric city "The Hill" in the middle of the middle island is called the winner.

There are some interesting rules I think would make this worth playing:

- Not allowed to attack the other humans unless it is "The Hill" city in the middle. What about units? Maybe all units on the middle island are fair game. One way to do this is to prevent human players from landing on other player islands.

- Barbarians/AI can't make new cities but are encouraged to grow fast. Maybe the middle city should be AI Civ controlled instead of barbaric. They cannot travel off this middle island.

- No player-to-player communication allowed at all--that means no trading of any sort.

- No city razing, of course, since the middle island city should never be destroyed.

- The only victory allowed should be a time victory.

In addition, you could also give players a Warrior at the start of the game and place a barbaric city on each of the islands so that before the Naval approach to the middle island occurs, each player must win a small victory against a barbaric tribe on their respective island----a way to sort out the weenies, if you will.

Now, I've considered making the mod myself but after playing with worldbuilder and looking at the python scripts I just know I don't have enough time to do this (between work and other obligations). So, I'm asking for someone out there with the time and skills to make this mod!

Of course, the idea is not perfect and I am interested in a dicussion with you all to see what we can do with this idea!

*Discuss!*

Top Bottom