Really basic question, sorry

Viala

Chieftain
I've never used mods with Civ IV before, but I wanted to add the Scots as a playable civ, so I found an appropriate mod on a download site. However, there were no instructions about installing it. I puzzled over the instruction manual, I tried to look through this forum, and I gathered that it was something to do with the contents of the folder that came with the mod called 'CustomAssets'. So I tried putting this folder into the root directory of the game, at the same level as the folder called 'Assets'. When that didn't work I tried putting it *inside* the Assets folder.

Nothing. I run the game and nothing extraordinary happens - Scotland doesn't appear as a civ on the select screen, anyway.

Is it meant to be this difficult? What am I doing wrong? :(

Try putting the folder in either "C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Mods" (try this first) or "My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets"

For the first one you will need to go in game on the main menu Advanced options-->open a mod and then select the name of the folder that you just placed in the mods folder.

Top Bottom