A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking zappara messed up his text files with 2.81 because this time limited religion worked right. I was able to found hinduism. And I know for certain my UAC is turned off. I can try putting it on dektop and see what happens though.

Installing to desktop did NOT remove the text errors. Glad to see that i've got the limited religion option working though.

What version of RoM are you using? If you're using the Mega pack, I can't vouch for that patch, I never tried it.

I would try getting the patch to work on vanilla RoM before even messing with expansions. This bug has nothing to do with AND, and belongs in the RoM forums.

Last night I decided to try out your modmod and got it installed with my selections and got a game going. Everything was good. Saved it for the night.

Today I went to load my saved game and it throws an error that says "Unable to unpack game data". Tried some of the autosaves too, and they give the same error. Ironically, I could go back to the 6000 BC game start save game.

Anyone ever seen this?

I have RoM 2.81 Full Install and AND 1.52.

What version of RoM are you using? If you're using the Mega pack, I can't vouch for that patch, I never tried it.

I would try getting the patch to work on vanilla RoM before even messing with expansions. This bug has nothing to do with AND, and belongs in the RoM forums.

It's supposed to be 2.81 full. My computer way to small for the mega pack. Yeah i'm thinking the same thing. All of your new stuff looks fine to me so it does look as if i've been putting this in the wrong place. Sorry to have bothered you with it.

Last night I decided to try out your modmod and got it installed with my selections and got a game going. Everything was good. Saved it for the night.

Today I went to load my saved game and it throws an error that says "Unable to unpack game data". Tried some of the autosaves too, and they give the same error. Ironically, I could go back to the 6000 BC game start save game.

Anyone ever seen this?

I have RoM 2.81 Full Install and AND 1.52.

I have seen this before, I have no idea what the cause is.

Afforess I owe you and Zappara a big apology . Turns out I was installing 2.81 wrong. I was putting it in the ROM folder instead of the mods folder. I just checked the advanced odds screen out and it looks just great. And religion works just fine too.
Now it's time for me to play this great mod and the AND addon. Thanks Afforess and Zappara for making them and putting up with someone dumb like me.

Just wanted to drop in and offer my deepest thanks to you Afforess, for making the speed improvements! Small world, 800 A.D, many many big cities on the map, but 5 second turns on my laptop. And that's with almost all the extra buildings and stuff you put in there as well. Simply amazing.

Your weather techs are damn overpowered though, but I guess it evens out when the other civs can and will research them as well. In my current game, I'm waaaay behind one of the AIs techwise, we're talking 10+ here, that's the first time I have ever seen that. Emperor difficulty.

Just wanted to drop in and offer my deepest thanks to you Afforess, for making the speed improvements! Small world, 800 A.D, many many big cities on the map, but 5 second turns on my laptop. And that's with almost all the extra buildings and stuff you put in there as well. Simply amazing.

The funny thing is that from a modder's perspective, fixing the speed problem was rather easy. :p

Not that I don't enjoy the praise though. ;)

Your weather techs are damn overpowered though

Which one's specifically? I made them a bit OP originally, but mainly so that player's had a reason to research them. Now that there are buildings dependent on them, I can scale some of them back.

I'm waaaay behind one of the AIs techwise, we're talking 10+ here, that's the first time I have ever seen that. Emperor difficulty.

Heh, heh. I started a game up yesterday, and lost 200 turns in. I was playing on Monarch, with BarbarianCiv, Revolutions and Barbarian world, plus all my custom game options. The barbarians completely over-ran me and most of the AI. A stack of 3 barbarian archer's killed my 5 defending warriors, before I could even get archery as a tech. :(

Heh, heh. I started a game up yesterday, and lost 200 turns in. I was playing on Monarch, with BarbarianCiv, Revolutions and Barbarian world, plus all my custom game options. The barbarians completely over-ran me and most of the AI. A stack of 3 barbarian archer's killed my 5 defending warriors, before I could even get archery as a tech. :(

That's why I don't play with Barb world... it practically jacks up the difficulty level by 2.

CTD's are still very much around... I save every turn cuz they're frequent enough to make it necessary. That said, I can still restart civ and load my game in less time than turns normally took in standard RoM :lol:

I disagree on weather techs being op, but that may be because I like running proletariat ;)

Glad to see that i've got the limited religion option working though.

I know this is a bit out of the scope of the AND forum, but limited religions has always behaved screwy for me. The last time I tried to use it, I could found a religion just fine, but it seems like the AI's couldn't, AI's with no religion much less religious cities. When I finally get exasperated and turn it off, on the next game turn 3-4 religions will get founded.

I usually have Choose Religion turned on and Limited Religion selected, but not the Choose AI Religion option.

If Limited Religions is working perfectly for someone, I'd love to know what I'm doing wrong, because I have everything else running just fine under RoM 2.81 and AND 1.52.

I know this is a bit out of the scope of the AND forum, but limited religions has always behaved screwy for me. The last time I tried to use it, I could found a religion just fine, but it seems like the AI's couldn't, AI's with no religion much less religious cities. When I finally get exasperated and turn it off, on the next game turn 3-4 religions will get founded.

I usually have Choose Religion turned on and Limited Religion selected, but not the Choose AI Religion option.

If Limited Religions is working perfectly for someone, I'd love to know what I'm doing wrong, because I have everything else running just fine under RoM 2.81 and AND 1.52.

Turn off Choose Religion altogether, it's the reason why the choose AI religion feature was added cuz it's buggy.

Turn off Choose Religion altogether, it's the reason why the choose AI religion feature was added cuz it's buggy.
So you're saying to shut off the "Choose Religions" in the game setup and have the one in the Bug Options menu on? I'll have to try that next time. I too lately have been having some issues with it. My issues though come from NOT being able to choose a religion for me and one being randomly chosen. I tend to like picking Hellenism for the Statue of Zeus's +100% war weariness feature or Hinduism for the extra culture early game. With some of the new Asian wonders, I may want Confusianism for the wonder that cuts off 50% maintenance or the Buddhism wonder that adds a "No Unhealthyness from Population". I'm liking the religions features more and more every release :goodjob:

Well I just like to play with limited religions on and choose religions off since the AI can't choose and I certainly don't want to choose for them. And if I have a certain religion I have in mind that I want, I focus on getting the techs needed for that specific religion. i.e. I want Judaism but it also requires the knowledge of polytheism, so I go for priesthood, get the Oracle to jumpstart on writing while I research polytheism but if I have 1 turn to found Hinduism, I'll just research other techs until someone else founds hinduism then cut short whatever tech i'm doing and go 100% to Monotheism.

Rom 2.81 full (no megapack) and New Dawn 1.52

From this save game.... push next turn button.... 5 second loading... and ctd :cry:

Please help

Attachments

• Adriano AD-1636.CivBeyondSwordSave
    828.8 KB · Views: 56
and the log...

{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Civic Flavors} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Mountains } {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {Resource Refinement} {Multiple Production Mod} {War Prizes} Zoology Firestorm {The World's Fair} Arctic {Larger Cities} {Espionage Process} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Education Sports {Hi-Res Cursors} {Fixed Borders} NIMBY {Civic Buildings & More Wonders} {Surround and Destroy} {No Storms} {Advanced Diplomacy} {Balanced Civics} {Early Buildings} ANM Fortifications

Might just be my system but....

Was upgrading to 1.53 since I finished the game I was on. Decided to add the Deep Red interface thingy but could not get the mod to load. BtS loaded - but RoM would hiccup while loading and a window popped up saying windows was shutting the program down.

Uninstalled Afforess modmod - tried RoM and worked. Deselected one by one some options on installer and when deselected the Deep Red interface one -- All went through that I did have selected. Working selections I made followes:

{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Mountains } {Realistic Diplomacy} {Resource Refinement} {Multiple Production Mod} {War Prizes} Zoology Firestorm {The World's Fair} Arctic {Espionage Process} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Education Sports {Hi-Res Cursors} {Fixed Borders} NIMBY {Civic Buildings & More Wonders} {Surround and Destroy} {No Storms} {Advanced Diplomacy} {Balanced Civics} {Early Buildings} ANM Fortifications

Well - working as in installed and loaded up ok -- not actually got in and played yet. Im slower than most you folks. :)

Yul

Which one's specifically? I made them a bit OP originally, but mainly so that player's had a reason to research them. Now that there are buildings dependent on them, I can scale some of them back.
The first one, weather patterns, i think. +1 :hammers: and +1 :commerce: for workshops, makes all other production improvements more or less worthless, unless for gathering a specific resource.

And while it might have been simple to fix the slowdowns, it must have taken some research to find the culprit, and then implement a workaround. :p

Also, someone mentioned having random CTD crashes, I had that as well, but fixed it with the 3GB switch in winxp. Using '/3GB /userva 2600' in the boot.ini now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom