TSG1 After Action Report

Two different scores show after the win ... the rankings screen, which tells me what great or horible past leader I resemble, said 3804. The hall of fame says 3724. The game crashed on initial save of the final position, so reloaded the save before final capture to be sure to get a save. Had to reload it again to verity the two score issue.

dV
OK, just to make this crazier, the in-game score, looking back at the save after the one more turn selection, has my score in the diplo summary screen as 1902. That gives me components of cities, pop, tech, etc. and seems to be equivalent to base score in Civ 4. Does not appear to be time-adjusted.

Either the 3804 or the 3724 presumably are the equivalent of the final score, or Firaxis score in Civ 4 ... presumably time adjusted, and possibly re-weighted. Not sure why there are two different ones.

dV

I installed from the DVD, but my Civ5 .exe is here:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v\CivilizationV.exe

There's also a CivilizationV_DX11.exe file in the same location, but my XP virtual machine doesn't use it, of course.
The good news, found the files just as you said.

The bad news, telling windows to always open replays with the Civ 5 exe file (for dx11) opens the game but does not automatically start the replay ... so still out of luck.

edit: tried it with the dx 9 version, still no luck.

They knew how to do this for Civ 4 ... how do they fail to know how to do this for Civ 5?

dV

My result:

score 3157
in game score 1318
year 1320 AD
turn 192

The AI at warlord is easier than I thought. I didn't get much sense of achievements in this playthrough(my second civ5 game). It is a good tutorial for me anyway. Thanks for the arrangement.m:goodjob:

Here is my lesson learned as an emperor/immortal civ4 player

1. Culture is important, so is happiness. Need further calculating the exchange rate between culture, gold and food. It was complicated than my thought in my first game. Should we please the city-state? or buy land? build gold posts or farms? Anyway, I do think buying settlers(the only unit stops the city growing) is a good approach in the early games.

2. No more crows of armies. quality is important in civ5. Keep your unit alive.

Attachments

• TS1-peterzl-3157AD.Civ5Save
    483.5 KB · Views: 77
Telling Windows to do so with the savefiles also merely opens Civ5, and won't load a thing.
Quite true ... but at least I have a workaround for that.

I just can't figure how such basic "use the game" functionality, that existed in 4, can be missing in 5. I can't even get the save system to let me name a save and save it. I can overwrite existing saves (but can't rename). It's as if the system is adapted from console save system, where its all about filling existing slots. Maybe the old Civ 4 code was incompatible with saving in the Steam cloud, and in writing code for Steam, we lost basic PC functionality?

dV

My result:

score 3157
in game score 1318
year 1320 AD
turn 192

{snip}

Anyway, I do think buying settlers(the only unit stops the city growing) is a good approach in the early games.
Your score of 3157 ... is that from the hall of fame, or from the rankings table you get on the turn of victory? I had two slightly different scores in those two locations ... curious if you have the same?

I am finding that with the 50% discount settler policy in the liberty track, settlers can be pretty cheap ... I have tended to buy things that are cheap so I don't have to wait too long to get them ... and often that is workers. But you have a point, I will have to take a hard look at the options.

dV

I played a quick trial before the game to estimate if I just can warrior-rush AI and found out that this small is far from small. So started with worker, then spears while waiting for IW and getting settler. Went for northern iron but Bismark planted his podunk near it, so went all the way back to iron near c-s. Rushed Bismark with spears - 4 for capital and 3rd city, 2 and legion for 2nd - overkil, it seems. Then a very long and frustrating search for AI on the eastern landmass (no thanx, mapmaker), mountaingclimbing among pissed-off c-states, until I finally locate Kyoto. Pull my forces together and get it. Left him alive, was going for speed. Then clockwise Chinese capital, Tenochtitlan +2 cities for peace and then Persia. I should just sent all of my new arriving troops by sea to take it simultaneously with Tenochtitlan.

Troops: spear, then 2 legions, then horsemen (at last got horses), some more legions and ballistae, finally purchased couple of longswordsmen in Beijing and Aztec capital, but more to please myself than for any real need.

Befriended nearby military c-s, also c-s near Darius cause it had 12 iron (worth 500 cash spent imo) and some cultural. Killed c-s west from Bismark in the end.

Techs:
Mining
BW
IW
Pot
Calendar for happies
Masonry for happies from mrbls
Sailing
Optics to ease logistics
Archery
Wheel
Maths
Horseback with all prerequisites
Writing
Metal Casting
Steel
Currency
Philo
Chivalry

or smth like this.

Attachments

• 5otm-1.Civ5Save
    2 MB · Views: 74
  • Augustus Caesar_0146 AD-0720_2.Civ5Replay
    33.5 KB · Views: 66
I played this game to learn how stuff works instead of racing for a quick victory. I liked the early game with the two-tile movement, meeting City States, revealing Natural Wonders and Ruins. The barbarians were also nice since they provided extra gold and XP.

Bismarck was defeated on T100 with Horsemen, and then I spent a lot of turns building non-military stuff, just to get a feeling of what is useful. Research Agreements were fun, popping techs with Great Scientists was fun as well. A lot of gold was sent to the City States, mainly towards Maritime and Cultural. Militaristic City States where useful in the beginning, but not at the end. I captured a couple of City States, until one of them declared war against me :lol:

I really liked the hex tiles and the 1 Unit Per Tile concept, although it will take a while to get used to it. The city cultural expansion mechanism was also nice to use. Did people micro manage the usage of tiles? I didn't notice much difference when working different tiles, so I didn't spend much time on it.

Things I struggled with: how to stay happy, how to move those freekin' units along roads that are choked, and choosing between farms and trade posts when improving the land.

Things I still haven't figured out: What is the best use for the gold? What Policies to unlock? How much effort to spend on City States? Is it wise to road all the way to the enemy? How do I know what the AI think about me? What is the impact of the covert deals?

Thanks Thrallia for the game :goodjob: Everyone is welcome to comment on the map, and we're all eager to learn how to improve the Training Series Games. Keep in mind that this game was created in a hurry without access to the World Builder tool :D

Finally - it's extra nice to meet all of you who are new or non-regular GOTM players. Thanks for spending the time to describe your games :clap:

I find it very interesting that a difficult and interesting map was created without any worldbuilder tools as well.

Finished in 170 turns with a 1800 score in the HoF. Which is my earliest domination victory so far, I don't know why the score is so low. I had another game as Hiawatha, finished in 206 turns with a domination victory also, at level 2, and the score was 2768.

Spoiler :

Having played a domination game before I knew that the AI is quite bad at defending itself so I conquered Bismark early, then went for Japan, Monty, the Chinese and left Persia for last. At that point I captured the last 3 cities in a few turns.

Spoiler :

It was a bit tedious to move the units to the front. At the end I had a road from Rome to about 20 tiles from the Persian border.

All in all, a whole lot of walking, not a whole lot of fighting :) In retrospect I should have beelined for navigation as soon as I discovered how far out the other civs were.

Interesting game though, against human opponents the choke points would have been a nightmare :eek:

Looking forward to the next game !

Attachments

• AutoSave_0169 AD-1090.Civ5Save
    584.3 KB · Views: 59
  • Augustus Caesar_0170 AD-1100_2.Civ5Replay
    38.5 KB · Views: 73
Hi,

First, I'll be honest and say that I did re-load the game once. I never did it in a competitive GOTM (played a few Civ3 ones), and will never do; but here, in a training game, I was curious to see what was going to happen if I attack a city with 2 warriors and a scout - never tried this before :) After trying that and losing (as expected :) ), I re-loaded and played as originally planned, teching to IW and attacking with legions

Still thought I'd better post the game... maybe the GOTM team will even notice something that will help to prevent cheating in competitive GOTMs :)

A very long and probably boring report below :)
Spoiler :

I went ahead and settled in place. 2 early luxuries is nothing to sneeze at :) Built a scout, then a worker. As it was a coastal city with seafood and luxury resources, decided to research Sailing and Calendar before going towards Iron Working
Founded Antium to the NW of Rome, on the other coast, near cows and fish. Pity that the game doesn't show the year when a city was founded, so can't say when exactly it happened, but definitely before I discovered IW. Could be a mistake; as it turned out, I had to found the 3rd city to connect iron when I could see it. Cumae was founded soon after the discovery of Iron Working, a little further north, on the eastern coast of my peninsula, NE of the iron deposit
I managed to build Stonehenge in Rome to go through social policies faster. The choice was obvious: since I was going for a military victory, I went down the Honour tree first. However, China beat me to both The Great Library and The Oracle. They were wonder-mongering, I got a lot of notifications about wonders they built, but they never expanded beyond two cities. That made them an easy opponent later on - but I'm getting ahead of myself :)
Budapest, the city state near Rome, asked to get rid of a barbarian encampment early on; after doing it, I gave them some money to make them my allies. First, they had another luxury resource, and a lot of happiness means more golden ages and easier life later on. Second, they claimed another iron deposit, and I really needed it. My peninsula only had small deposits, and the idea of being able to build just 2 iron-dependent units had no attraction whatsoever. Of course, there was another iron deposit in the southern ices, and I really thought about founding a crappy iron city there, but allying with Budapest and getting their iron seemed so much easier :) There also was the third reason: their personality is Friendly, so they rarely make requests to eliminate other city states, and maintaining influence over them is relatively easy. Finally, free units they provided were not necessary, but I wasn't going to say no :)
Once my I had my 4 iron resources (2 from the deposit near Cumae, 2 from Budapest), I built 3 Legions and 1 Ballista, and sent them to kill Bismarck. Apparently, he was quite unlucky with barbs, I found his captured settlers in encampments at least twice. Obviously, I didn't return them, there was no need to let him use them and found more cities :) Just before I declared on him, he managed to found the second city at the northern end of our side of the map. A nice location he chose, claiming marble, horses, cows and two fishes. Thanks Bismarck for founding such a good city for me, much appreciated :)
Well, with my 3 Legions and a Ballista, he had no chance of resisting. German civilisation was destroyed in early ADs. I puppeted Hamburg, but annexed Berlin: it looked like a nice production city, and I also wanted to be able to purchase the tiles for it if I felt it was necessary. I was right: it only took 12 turns or so to build a Courthouse there, that's really fast for Civ5
My scouts meanwhile revealed that the whole middle of the map was empty, and the next nearest opponent, Japan, was quite far away. Also the landscape around them was quite difficult to manage. I decided to wait a bit, and tech towards Knights. Meanwhile, the Legionnaires built roads to connect Berlin and Hamburg - a very nice feature, by the way! My attack plan was to capture Japan, while teching towards Astronomy, then bring reinforcements over the ocean to finish the campaign. I actually got a great scientists while researching Compass, so I kept him until it was discovered, and used him to lightbulb Astronomy
My wandering warriors also managed to disperse quite a few barbarian encampments. Crucially, this gave me the friendship of a maritime city state, Singapore. I like to be allies with a maritime city state, solves most of food problems :) Oh, and they had dyes, a nice bonus :)
Anyway, around 900AD, Roman Legions crossed the Bay of Monaco (at least I think it was called so :) ) and landed near Tokyo. Interestingly enough, they had to pass a few tile within the territory of Monaco, but I didn't get shouted at for trespassing. Of course, embarked units are not considered combat units, and if you enter a city state territory with a civilian unit, they don't consider it trespassing. Not sure if it works as intended, though
Anyway, my forces landed near Tokyo, and wandered aimlessly there for a few turns, to find the best positions for the invasion. I also hoped for Oda Nobunaga to come and ask why my forces are at his borders, so that I could honestly tell him "to attack you, and what did you think?" :) But apparently he was too busy warring with Monaco, and didn't pay attention to me before it was too late. Attacking Tokyo was quite tricky, because there were hills to the south of it, and my Ballista couldn't attack from the distance. However, these hills also provided defensive bonuses for my legions, and when the city bombarded them, it couldn't do more than 1 damage. In the end, I had to bring the Ballista to a tile next to the city. Risky, but what could I do. Strangely enough, the city kept to bombard legions, although the ballista was obviously a greater threat. An obvious mistake by the AI (military AI is very weak in general, as many people in the forums already said... hope they do something about it soon)
After Tokyo was captured, I proceeded to Kyoto. Oda came to me offering everything he had for a peace treaty. Fool, do you really think you have a chance to stop me from capturing your capital? :)
Kyoto was captured in 1000AD (nice number, so I remembered it :) ). Both Tokyo and Kyoto were puppeted. Then I found another city in the tundra to the north, not sure what Oda thought about when founding it. I razed it and went to the east, capturing the rest of Japanese cities, keeping 2, razing one. Maybe I should have razed more; I'm quite sure I have quite a few problems in my games because I don't like to raze cities. On the other hand, they were decently located, well-developed, and in a game where population contributes to your research speed, why not keep them? Happiness was beginning to be a concern, but not a major one yet
Oh, and as an additional bonus, Monaco allied with me for helping them in a war against Japan, and provided me extra culture and another luxury, pearls. That extra happiness also contributed to my decision to keep those cities :)
Oda managed to sneak out a settler and found a city in the south of the middle part of the continent. Well, I didn't mind, he could start anew there, why not :) Some turns later, he again offered everything he had for peace, and this time I didn't see a reason to refuse
By that time, I discovered Physics and Steel, so at some point during that war I upgraded my legions to longswordsmen and ballista to trebuchet. I also brought in 2 knights to join my glorious army. With that force - 3 longswordsmen, 2 knights, 1 trebuchet - I marched towards the eastern coast to attack China. Attacking from the west was closer, but it meant attacking Beijing across a river.. decided to spend a few extra turns to avoid it
As I mentioned, Wu Zetiang was wonder-mongering, and didn't present much of a challenge militarily. Both her cities were captured and puppeted by 1190AD. Actually, she didn't build that many wonders... what was she doing then? Just loaded the game and annexed her cities to check - she had The Great Library, The Hanging Gardens and Angkok Wat in Beijing, and The Oracle in Shanghai, that was it. Oh, and why did she build the wonders with one-time effect, which I couldn't benefit from? Really inconsiderate of you, Wu :)
By that time, my reinforcements arrived over the ocean: two Musketmen, one Longswordsman, one Trebuchet (courtesy of Budapest). With this force, I was confident to attack Aztecs. Right before I started the attack, I noticed they were upgrading their Jaguars to Longswordsmen... didn't find their iron source though, probably Darius decided to share some of his iron with them. Anyway, I attacked and took 3 of his cities, including Tenochtitlan. Strangely enough, the land around them was completely undeveloped, even luxury resources were not connected! What was that? Of course we all know that Monty is a bit crazy... but I mean, he had more than 5000 years to connect those luxury resources he had, what was he thinking about? Did anyone see an Aztec worker by the way, maybe it's a bug?
Another strange thing I noticed: in both games I had before this one, once I had two or three wars, everyone started to call me "the bloodthirsty one" and were not glad to see me at all (although it was still possible to trade with some of them). In this game, during the war with Monty, I went to see Darius and ask him if he wants to join the fun. He declined, but he was quite nice, wishing me good luck in my current conflict. How does the AI decide whether I am "the bloodthirsty one" or not? Would be nice to know more... at the moment, the description of game mechanics is very unclear, Civilopedia is so vague... wish they improved it
From Tenochtitlan it was a straight road towards the Persian capital. There were two possible routes towards it, both required to capture another city on the way. But when I declared on Darius, he was raging like crazy, and shouting "you're clearly unfit to be a ruler of a great empire". Yeah, well, whatever; but it's your capital at risk, not mine. Anyway, I took offence and captured both those cities on the way to the capital :)
Persepolis was captured in 1420AD to get me the victory. Could it be done faster? Definitely :)
Oh, and I completely forgot to mention that I founded Neapolis at some point along the way, to the east of Berlin, next to the sugar resource, among hills with sheep on them :) Mainly I founded it for the sugar resource, which a few of my cities demanded
And regarding social policies: once I finished the Honour tree, I unlocked Commerce, mainly for the +3 production in all coastal cities bonus. But I didn't get there before the game ended :)

I do look forward to the next training game... a non-military challenge would be interesting :) And a higher difficulty level please, if possible; I think last time I had so easy wars was in Civ1, when I attacked opponents who had Phalanxes with Tanks :)

Cheers

Attachments

• TS1 Win Turn202 1420AD.Civ5Save
    505.1 KB · Views: 55
  • Augustus Caesar_0202 AD-1420_2.Civ5Replay
    49.8 KB · Views: 53
New to Civ and new to the forums. I'll have to own up to a noobish mistake off the bat. I decided to try my hand at GOTM and when I saw that the difficulty was 'Warlord' I assumed that was one of the higher settings. :mischief: Silly me.

So apart from finding and brushing Germany aside before they could get started, I didn't engage in any direct contact with the other nations until about 200 turns in. I was playing cautiously as the highest setting I had played on previously was one level above Prince. I was doing well in all areas besides warfare (namely because I wasn't having any) and by the time I realised Warlord was super easy it was too late in the game to bother going for a good score. So, a little red faced at my mistake, I took my time and had fun with the game, amassing a quality army, building all but 2 of the wonders (damn you China), and by the end of the game was in a position to win in 1 move by Culture, Science, Domination, or Diplomatic victory, but instead let it hit 500 turns for the Timed win.

It's really interesting to see everyone's maps. For some reason I can't get screenshots to work properly and show you where I decided to build my cities, but I founded Rome at the starting point like everyone else. I then settled my second city far to the North, near the great barrier reef, as the land in between it and Rome was just meh. I then took Berlin and Budapest before building my 5th city Cumae to the East of Berlin, near a river with some great resources in that area. My 6th city was below Warsaw out in the wilderness. It was at this point that I had amassed an army, realised I was playing on easy, and steamrolled everyone, razing every city I came across.

One interesting point was that I didn't have a single road connected to my capital for the whole game. It was too far away and expensive at the start, and by the time I could afford it I had harbours and my frontier had moved North.

So an interesting start to my affair with GOTM, I've learnt to do a bit of research before starting the next one :lol:

Welcome to GOTM. :wavey:

It's really interesting to see everyone's maps.

So an interesting start to my affair with GOTM, I've learnt to do a bit of research before starting the next one :lol:
Seeing and learning from others is what GOTM is all about. We hope you will stay and play and help others learn, both from your successes and mistakes. :)

Your score of 3157 ... is that from the hall of fame, or from the rankings table you get on the turn of victory? I had two slightly different scores in those two locations ... curious if you have the same?

I am finding that with the 50% discount settler policy in the liberty track, settlers can be pretty cheap ... I have tended to buy things that are cheap so I don't have to wait too long to get them ... and often that is workers. But you have a point, I will have to take a hard look at the options.

dV

yes, it was from the hall of fame, and I cannot find any ranking tables from the save file now:(

The city-states will also give you resource, happiness and research points in the middle and late games. My calculation is only for early games. And a 5-6-city-empire should have the ability to keep ally to several city-states. But before that, only invest on cultural city-states. And don't forget to build enough armies for barbarian villages. It helps a lot for finishing the city-states' quests.

This is my first GOTM. I'm excited for upcoming games and I'm glad I'm getting in at the beginning for CiV. Anyways, on to the action.

Spoiler :
I started off by settled one tile west on top of the wine. I beelined calendar so I could start trading the resources for gold. I met Bismark just a couple turns before finishing calendar and was able to trade my wine resource immediately without waiting for my worker to build a plantation.

I got Animal Husbandry after that and settled Antium to the south in order to immediately grab the two horses there. I also built Stonehendge in Antium to try and grab a couple social policies before I started warmongering. Since Bismark was blocking my way to the rest of the continent I went for writing next and got open borders.

I'm a big fan of horsemen and chariot archers so I sent two horsemen, my initial warrior, a chariot archer and the great general I got from the first honor policy to take out Berlin, Bismark's only city. After that I marched my horsemen through the rest of the continent with a scout or two to explore.

I couldn't believe how far away the rest of the Civs were considering this was a pangaea. I probably could have won sooner if I had produced a few more settlers to get my new troops to the front but for some reason I thought I could just take other cities and use them to produce more troops.

I started by massing my troops around Japan's three cities and had trouble getting them into place because my troops refused to walk through his workers. I formed 3 research agreements with Monty, Wu and Oda. In hindsight I didn't need these and since the last one I formed was with Oda, it forced me to change my plans and start by attacking Wu instead. I then split my troops and took out Monty and Oda simultaneously. Again, it would have been better to start with Oda and then sweep my troops clockwise through Wu, Monty and then Cyrus.

I finally realized I needed a settler and by the time only Cyrus was left I had founded Cumae right next to his only city. I used that to by an additional Legion and Ballista and with the two horsemen and chariot archer I was able to get down there in time was able to take out Cyrus in 3 turns.

Attachments

• TS1-KCMcG-Turn158-960AD.Civ5Save
    427.6 KB · Views: 72
Was going for a cultural victory, was making over 500 per turn. Was able to keep the aztecs at bay but then all of a sudden, turn 500!

Bummer

Hello all

I'm new in this GOTM idea but i really like it so i hope to have enough time to play it often :)

First want to apologize for poor description of my game, but i just grab save and play it with no intention to join GOTM. Changed my mind later so i can only give some screens from final save and write what i remember from my game. So here it is.

First civ i meet was of course Germany and i got rid of them pretty fast. Second civilization i meet - Persia, was biggest problem for me in this game. I meet him in hills area just east of all this city states in center of the map (Singapore, Helsinki and Monaco). i Thought i was prepared to war, but fighting in this area with not much space was quite difficult and after few battles i had to stop war for a while. Then i take a good look at terrain, prepared better my tactics and second war with Persia went a lot better. After that there wasn't any problems to win. First Japan in north-east, and then Montezuma. Funny thing is that i started to see Monty's lands quite late in the game, but still didn't know where China is :) While preparing to war with Aztec emipre, i finally found China with their only 2 small cities. There had to be some serious wars in this area :) Good thing was that two last capitals were quite close to each other, so final war was quick and easy.

Spoiler :

Area of first war with Persia - hardest part in my game:

Area of final battle when i captured two last capitals:

Only these two cities (Shanghai and Beijing) China got when i meet them

I know, that my score is poor, but i never was a good civ plaer. It's still good enough for me so i'm really happy with it :)

Fight with Persia was so far greatest experience in my civ career (including many hours in Civ4), so final conclusion: i love 1UPT idea :)

And now it's time to finally read this whole tread to so how other civfanatics did :)

Attachments

• Augustus Caesar_0407 AD-1987_2.Civ5Replay
    119.6 KB · Views: 54
  • VGT.Civ5Save
    528 KB · Views: 78
(This is a vague description of what happened. Exact sequence and dates may not be accurate)

Long winded description of the approximate details below.

Spoiler :
Well, this was my first serious GotM and it was pretty easy compared to the one or two I dabbled in before. I settled in place pretty much and grew my city, focussing on buildings to improve my XP to new units. I settled a city 3 tiles from Budapest where I guessed Iron would be near and because it was close to a supply of fish. Turns out I settled on the future iron deposit. Was a bit bummed about missing the improvement bonus but I got over it quickly, at least I had the iron. I settled a city to the north, next to the supply of fish at the choke point.

Sometime through this I had found Germany and Bismarck and come to the realisation that I had to go through him to find everyone else, something that seemed to repeat itself as I continued through the game.

I took the honour policy tree and started destroying Germany. Berlin was in my possession at 600BC (remember that date well for some reason) and I had razed his two other cities. I sent a settler to the position of a razed city and settled my own and using captured workers I created a trade route.

I immediately headed east and using horsemen scouted out quite a few city states before meeting a Chinese scout (Wu Zetian actually claimed to be an isolationist here so I felt a pang of guilt for knowing I'd conquer her soon) and accidentally finding Osaka in a tiny passage against some mountains. Japan was attacking Monaco by the time I found them and my army arrived just in time to see Japan conquer it. DoW'd on Tokugawa and steam rolled Monaco quickly and liberated it. I started to push to the cramped borders and with only a half-health horseman and a (spearman or pikeman, don't remember) on the border, Tokugawa quickly surrendered to my all of his cities bar Kyoto.

I did some more scouting at this point while waiting for the Peace Treaty to end and found the Aztecs attacking Almaty to the south, bordered by Guangzhou. I sent 2 long swordsman to the borders of Kyoto while the rest of my army headed south-east to pour into China. Kyoto fell within a turn of the treaty ending and in four turns after that (didn't want to be waging two wars at once) China's three cities fell also.

During the short incursion into China I met Darius who asked me to declare on Monty. I asked for 10 turns and quickly lined up my forces around the two Aztec cities and along the borders of Persia, hoping they'd both do a bit of damage to each other (not that it was needed). The Aztecs fell quite quickly after I got bored of waiting and within a turn of me creating a puppet of their capital I entered into Persian lands, battling with my Civ's unhappiness.

Two cities fell within a turn, one was razed, the other kept before four turns later I took Susa and Persepolis. Darius was a massive wonder-whore and I got a nice boost out of it.

The game ended in 1300 AD with a score of 2565. I kept all cities apart from two German cities, a Japanese city which was razed because of a bug and a Persian city of only two pop.

Overall I think the game went well, I certainly could have finished it quicker had I had more knowledge of Civ as well as pushing hard instead of taking my time. I lost two generals to Barbarians (don't even ask) and encountered a bug when Toku gifted me his cities and I puppeted them, I couldn't end my turn. Luckily I found a solution online that worked.

I enjoyed my first GotM and look forward to harder ones in the future. And hopefully not ones so linear, map-wise. Attached is the replay (whatever that is, saw some people talking about it) and my save game on the turn I won.

Attachments

• Augustus Caesar_0190 AD-1300_1.Civ5Replay
    47 KB · Views: 53
  • TS1.Civ5Save
    461.3 KB · Views: 74
Top Bottom