Guess the New Civs

The part that I'm most confused by is the thing hanging down - can't think of anything it could be other than a scabbard. That being said, what sort of scene is likely to have been painted in this style? Obviously it looks like the wonder movies, but I can't recall anything else.

Looks like a kilt/robe with a strap and a boot or shin guard.

The part that I'm most confused by is the thing hanging down - can't think of anything it could be other than a scabbard. That being said, what sort of scene is likely to have been painted in this style? Obviously it looks like the wonder movies, but I can't recall anything else.

Looks like the same art style as the Boudicca concept art. Probably concept art of 9th civ leader.

It could be a saddle, (the top part), ornamented reins (the orange part) and a holster for a rifle/gun (the brown part) and the brown thing hanging down is just a strap... or it could be something completely different, prob going to feel stupid when I see the whole picture :)

It could be a saddle, (the top part), ornamented reins (the orange part) and a holster for a rifle/gun (the brown part) and the brown thing hanging down is just a strap... or it could be something completely different, prob going to feel stupid when I see the whole picture :)
I could see that being the case, it seems more logical than a human body part

Maybe someone riding on horseback with a sword at their side? If it's that, certainly points towards Sweden.

Edit: Something like this, perhaps? http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-p9WLJHZye...vus_Adolphus_at_the_Battle_at_Breitenfeld.jpg

Yeah, Gustavus Adolphus is the one I'm closely scrutinizing to try and find out. The problem is the picture is very zoomed in so it's hard to get context. Also, Firaxis tends to take famous portraits and modify them enough so there is no longer a 1:1 match.

Yeah, Gustavus Adolphus is the one I'm closely scrutinizing to try and find out. The problem is the picture is very zoomed in so it's hard to get context. Also, Firaxis tends to take famous portraits and modify them enough so there is no longer a 1:1 match.
Well if you tilt your head a bit it almost matches Gustavus' leg and saddle.

I am pretty sure the white stuff is some sort of lace and I cant see any african leaders wear that, independent of what it is attached to (boot, jacket or whatever). Neither do i associate that with any south american civ or native american. Asians perhaps but then I would think a more younger civ than Indonesia that has been discussed (could imagine something like that on a Chinese leader for example). So from the lace I deduct that we have a european civ, and then we have hungary, polen and sweden that has been up for discussion earlier (I do not include portugal because of the city state) and from those I would guess sweden.

The more I look at it I am thinking sweden. Could be a holster for a gun (gustavus had that), the brown that is behind what I think is a boot would be his brown horse. He would absolutely wear lace as that was the fashion back then. Yellow (orangy) is a color that you can see that he wears in many paintings.

A larger version of the image of Gustav
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-skYBnEkBb...B04/dw5v5mV6oqM/s1600/phpkccI8F1304428889.jpg

So, it looks like I was wrong about the Inuit. :/ Oh well. I have a lot of Swedish heritage, so I'd be totally happy if it does turn out to be Sweden.

i kind of want to say that white stuff is a fur trim, but it does look really close to that picture of gustavus adolphus, so i don't know.

If it is Sweden, the second expansion better be called "Everyone But Europeans".

Agreed. No need to add Finland, Hungary, Romania, Poland, Switzerland, Bulgaria to the game. Portugal is fine

Top Bottom