TSG92 After Actions

Peace deal w/ Shaka included Moson Kahni (the last cap) for a slow but satisfying end... this also seemed to cause the UI to die (at least on a Mac).

For those that had < 100 times, did you do Writing after reach Construction, or sometime earlier?

Game: Civ5 GOTM 92
Date submitted: 2014-09-05 12:59:47
Reference number: 31644
Your name: GiovDenti
Game status: Domination Victory
Game date: 1625AD
Turns played: 235
Base score: 2195
Final score: 4670
Time played: 5:27:00

This is my first submitted game and a very slow victory.
I use to play Immortal and trying to win my first games at Deity.
I over-prepared and when I finally gone to war... I quickly overrun every other Civs.
I over-estimated AI and its resistance.

I would be very curious to watch a <100 game.
I hope someone will post a video...

Welcome to CivFanatics and GOTM! :wavey:

Congrats on your first victory and hope you have many more. :goodjob:

Thanks for joining us.

I made a hash of movement and figuring what the best routes were. There dealing with barbs tied up troops but by the end i had plenty to spare
Game: Civ5 GOTM 92
Date submitted: 2014-09-15 03:20:56
Reference number: 31673
Your name: knowtalent
Game status: Domination Victory
Game date: 840AD
Turns played: 152
Base score: 1057
Final score: 3523
Time played: 6:46:00
Submitted save: AutoSave_0152 AD-0840.Civ5Save
Renamed file: knowtalent_C509201.Civ5Save

Hi all,

I finally got on Friday a new computer that can handle more than the first 150 turns on a tiny map. So this was my first real Civ 5 game.

The game beeing on prince level I tried to replicate the fast conquest (below T100) as described in TSG76. I didnt like the start location and the jag didnt reveal anything interesting, so I decided to move the settler South closer to enemies. But I got boxed in by the city states and on T8 when I finally wanted to found a city my settler was captured by barbs and I reloaded the game.

On the second attempt I settled on the hill NE, which I liked. Build order scout, jag, 3x archer, floating gardens, mix of jags and archers.
Social policy full honor, left side first.
Research: Archery, AH, Wheel, beeline construction.

I realized that the closest capitals were on hills and was afraid to take them with archers only. So took Onondaga first somewhere T45, but lost an archer because a barb joined the combat. Then went to Athens with 2x jags, archer, CB, which had strength 14 and my second army of 3CB, 2 jags went to Ulundi, but I couldnt get those cities and lost some units.

So what order did you fast people did take the cities and what army to use at those conquests?

Top Bottom