[Design] Drow

It'd be cool if certain houses were more favorable to certain units. For example, one could prefer divine units like the Arachne. Another could prefer War Spiders. Maybe another would prefer Infantry. The benefits would be that if you select a unit to be joined to certain house, it would have a small bonus like strength, bonus against certain units, etc. I don't know; that might be a lot of work for you guys. Cuz you would have to make something for the other civilizations. A system based off of the basic premise but with different focuses specific to the civilization. But just figured I'd throw it out there.

I'm not yet certain as to how technically to implement a house system. It may even be too fine a mechanic to implement.

One idea for houses would be that the drow would have national buildings that would represent a house. This way only 2 houses can be present in a city, representing two dominant families there.

That would be cool.

How about this:
Web Golems:

Built by drow sorcerers, these are approximately humanoid and are built from masses of spider web. They typically have eight eyes about their head and poisonous spiders fangs.

Sweet. I like that idea a lot.

So, question, has anyone thought of any heroes for the Drow? (I know this could apply to any civ but I love the DEs a lot. So, I'm pressin for Heroes for them 1st.) If the answer is no and it is needed, I can do some research for heroes. Of course, Dark Seldarine would have a hero and maybe the civ should have two heroes outside of religion, as well. (This could apply to any religion, as I think is planned, and any civ.)

One option would be to make heroes based off of the leaders. Another would be to simply research heroes and name them from the lore of Dark Seldarine and the Drow. Thoughts?

Edit: Oh, by the way, if we decide to go the research route, there are several characters who might work. I found them under the "War of the Spider Queen" in Wikipedia. There are even lil stories explainin the significance of the character that might work for civpedia entries. Jus a thought.

I will want to make up some heroes. I'm thinking the first hero for the Dark Seldarine will be Teidroi Kezrel, Captain of the Soul Spiders. I'll need to think up names for a couple drow civ heroes. I'm thinking that one would be a drow mage and the other a drow infantry.

Ok. Cool. Hmm...Captain of the Soul Spiders. What would his strength and movement be?

So, for the Drow mage and the Drow Infantry, what kinda character or names are you lookin for? Are you thinkin their name should be in the same vein as Teidroi Kezrel, ya know has the same type of flavor to it? And what sexes would they be? I think the Drow mage should be a female and the Drow Infantry a male, personally. Idk. What are your thoughts?

Hmm...ok. I didn't know most Drow female entered the clergy. Interestin fact.

I have a tentative name for the Drow mage, Pharaun Mizzrym. I'll come up with a tentative pedia entry too soon, provided you like the name. Still lookin for a name for the Drow female warrior.

Top Bottom