Favourite Civilizations National Colours!

Which civ's colours are your favourite?

• American White and Blue

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Arabian Dark and Light Green

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Assyrian Gold and Yellow

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Austrian White and Red

• Aztec Aquamarine Aramanth

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Babylonian Beau Blue and Aero Blue

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Brasil Dark and Juicy Green

• Byzantine Violet Blueberry

• Carthago White and Violet

• Celtic Blue - Bottle Green

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chinese Dark Spring Green

• Danish Copper and Viking Brown

• Egyptian Purple and Gold

• England White, Empire Red

• Ethiopian Sap Green'n'Red

• French Champagne and Bleu de France

• German Black and Cadet Grey

• Greece White and Medium Blue

• Hunnic Dark Scarlet and Dark Vanilla

• Incan Emerald Cyber Yellow

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Indian Pastel Green and Sunglow

• Total voters

Krajzen

Deity
Hi guys,

this poll (thread) is damn trivial, but seriously who cares about that, this is Civ Fanatics forum, here we discussed about textures of the trees while awaiting for Brave New World :D

Which of the civs "nationals colours" are your favourite? Which are the most awful?

EDIT
I forgot to say, due to limited space this is basically first part of the poll about the colours. To describe them I used List of Colors from Wikipedia :p

I like the Swedish color theme the best, I guess. And the worst one is Ottomans - bland and ugly.
I'd like to write something more, but I'm not really sure how I could elaborate on a topic like this one. ;)

Favorite- Egypt. Always been a sucker for their royal blue and gold scheme.

Ugliest- Morocco. Ugh. 'nuff said.

Portugal has the best, hands down! :D
Indonesia comes at second!

Morocco is definitively the worst one - painful to the eyes! :cringe: The Aztecs as second worst...

Most disappointing: Venice. Seriously, WikiVenetian Purple and Cream? Ugh... :sad:

PS: Thanks goodness this is not another Elimination thread! :lol:

The blue ones are most soothing on the eye. France, Sweden, America. Dutch, English, Songhai, Greece, Rome and Japan are nice. China works as a combination but green / white are not colours I associate with that august nation at any point in its history. The vanilla civs are generally the most pleasing since they got dibs on all the obvious combinations. Although some are kind of dreary (Germany) and others clash or are somewhat garish (Aztecs, Siam).

Countries with semi-stark contrasts like Russia begin to grate on the eye when large numbers of their units are massed in one part of the map.

I hate Ethiopia's colours, and Morocco should come with an epilepsy warning. Denmark's tide of raw sewage is an affront to the senses.

The Shoshone, they have good and easily recognizable color... and from list here, I like Chinese and German colors. England isn't bad either.

Morocco, Assyria and Inca have terrible colors.

I'd have to say I like Greece's blue-on-white the best, but I wouldn't really describe the blue as 'middle blue'. I'd say it's more of a 'middle cyan.'
The Aztecs and mayans have terrible colors though.

Carthage is my favorite. I like the brown-blue combo of the Shoshone, too, but that can get rather tiresome. Russia's color scheme may come third.

My least favorites are: (not necessarily in this order)

1. Persia
2. Babylon
3. England (ugh!)
4. Ethiopia

I love Venice and Portugal the most. I find Brazil, India, and the Aztecs to be the worst.

#1 Egypt b/c their colors are so bawdy and ridiculous like Mardi Gras

#2 Ethiopia b/c their colors are confused as barbs all the time so it's funny

#3 Germany b/c their colors are simply perfect for the general impression of a wehrmacht

Top Bottom