The XCOM sqaud?

But why is the XCOM squad introduced in the game at all??I don't want any futuristic unit in civilization.It destroys more of the realism that is left in the game.

You know that it's not at all realistic to launch a spaceship to Alpha Centauri, right?

I like that there's an endgame unit that can be really game changing. It's "The Internet" and "Globalization" for players going for conquest victory.

They're also a great first response unit, and a counter towards GDRs.

Defensive offense is the best way to go :thumbsup:

But why is the XCOM squad introduced in the game at all??I don't want any futuristic unit in civilization.It destroys more of the realism that is left in the game.What I think is OP about them is that they can't be intercepted at all.Flying 40tiles and then no patroulling jet fighter reacts??There should be at least a 50%chanche.Same goes for stealth bomber tbh.

I actually like that there are some futuristic units in the game, and in fact wish there was a few more (for instance a futuristic upgrade to Battleship as well).

As far as interception, I don't think atom bombs and paratroopers can be intercepted either, right? So at least it's consistent with those.

I actually like that there are some futuristic units in the game, and in fact wish there was a few more (for instance a futuristic upgrade to Battleship as well).

As far as interception, I don't think atom bombs and paratroopers can be intercepted either, right? So at least it's consistent with those.

It's kinda awkward to be playing in 2350 AD without futuristic units :crazyeye:

As for interception, nothing but planes gets intercepted... In Civ IV my paratroopers and even ICBMs got shot down half the time :eek:

Paratroopers can be intercepted, can't they?Atomic bombs not but in my opinion they should be interceptable

You know that it's not at all realistic to launch a spaceship to Alpha Centauri, right?

Yes, we should change it to Mars maybe.But the space race isn't anymore what it once used to be.In civ I/II there are much more parts you can add or leave out to make your space ship faster or slower with more points when arriving at first.

I just wish they were less ridiculous than GDRs and Xcoms.

It's so boring to move a lot of units to far away land at the late game. So X-COM squad's a great solution. I used it once. It was awesome to fight against civ that's far away from our land.

Yes, we should change it to Mars maybe.

That doesn't really make it more realistic. The space race in Civ isn't about an unmanned mission, it's about sending colonists to live off world. I don't see any such missions to Mars happening any time soon.

I'm pretty sure we've peaked out on oceangoing warships. They're basically identical to second world war equipment in design, the only thing that was upgraded over the last 70 years was the equipment installed and the engine types were changed.

I'm pretty sure we've peaked out on oceangoing warships. They're basically identical to second world war equipment in design, the only thing that was upgraded over the last 70 years was the equipment installed and the engine types were changed.

Just read that the US Navy has a new kind of destroyer, the "Zumwalt" class!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/looking-unlike-any-us-warship-past-new-navy-destroyer-zumwalt-goes-into-the-water-in-maine/2013/10/28/081f0544-400b-11e3-b028-de922d7a3f47_story.html

Stealth destroyers?

Top Bottom