Unique Builiding Elimination Thread

Bazaar - 28
Floating Gardens - 26
Hanse- 12 Ditto Good, but not as good as what's left
Paper Maker- 26
Pyramid- 38
Stele- 36 always built and allows to build other thing rather than shrine for what ever you require

personally recon top 5 should be in the order as above

1. Pyramid
2. Stele
3. Bazaar
4. Paper Maker
5. Floating Gardens

Bazaar - 28
Floating Gardens - 27
Hanse- 9
Paper Maker- 26
Pyramid- 38
Stele- 36

Bazaar - 29
Floating Gardens - 27
Hanse- 6
Paper Maker- 26
Pyramid- 38
Stele- 36

Bazaar - 29
Floating Gardens - 27
Hanse- 3 - Made Germany decent civ, but still doesn't compare to any of the top 5 buildings here
Paper Maker- 26
Pyramid- 38
Stele- 37 - If Celts are not in game, you get first pantheon no matter what (you're gonna want monument ASAP anyway). Ethiopia always has really big change to get first religion.

Bazaar - 29
Floating Gardens - 27
Hanse- 4
Paper Maker- 23
Pyramid- 38
Stele- 37

Hanse is definitely better than the paper maker.

Not sure if I'd see myself putting it higher than any of the others though...

Bazaar - 30
Floating Gardens - 27
Hanse- 1
Paper Maker- 23
Pyramid- 38
Stele- 37

When the production percentage is worth something all your key buildings are builded and most building should be gone.

It also takes away many bonuses from trading with major civs

Bazaar- 31
Floating Gardens- 27
Hanse
Paper Maker- 23
Pyramid- 38
Stele- 37

Bazaar is just awesome as we all know.
Hanse never deserved to get this far.
Only time doing trade route w/ CS is worth it is when they have a quest for one.

I don't believe ths is true. Once in the renaissance, oversea city states can give me more gold than several capitals can. Usually, te best city state can get me upwards of 25 gpt.

Not only this, but it gives he HUGE benefit of not donating money to an opponent.

Bazaar- 31
Floating Gardens- 24
Paper Maker- 24
Pyramid- 38
Stele- 37

This is kind of a tough call because I really love floating gardens. But I think its going to have to be the next to go just because it requires a river/lake. The rest of the UBs can be easily built in all cities.

I think I'd choose Paper Maker over the other 4 choices *most* of the time, though Pyramid is really close in my mind. Against AIs Bazaar is probably better even though you get the bonus later.

Bazaar- 31
Floating Gardens- 21
Paper Maker- 25
Pyramid- 38
Stele- 37

I love the paper maker, I really with the Chinese had a different UA than Art of War to compliment their UB

Bazaar- 31
Floating Gardens- 18 Worst one left so far.
Paper Maker- 25
Pyramid- 38
Stele- 38 guaranteed religion, and religions offer flexible ways to win.

Hanse never deserved to get this far.
Only time doing trade route w/ CS is worth it is when they have a quest for one.

Unless you get +5% production, get patronage, and/or get the +influence per trade route tenant in freedom from it. Then it becomes very worth sending a trade route to!

Still, the people have spoken. Apparently the Hanse doesn't play as well as I imagine it to.

Bazaar- 31
Floating Gardens- 13 Lakes few and far between, usually too small to really benefit
Paper Maker- 25
Pyramid- 39
Stele- 39 Early-game winner. What you get from this bad boy will last the entire game

Bazaar- 31
Floating Gardens- 10 (-3) too situational, and now we have food trade routes anyway.
Paper Maker- 25
Pyramid- 40 (+1) Great and Early and good synergy with piety.
Stele- 39 (note) Great, but it would be better for ICC play, but that would eliminate the UA of Ethiopia

Bazaar- 31
Floating Gardens- 9 Crux only deducted 2 points. Vote deduction is 3.
Paper Maker- 25
Pyramid- 40
Stele- 39

Bazaar - 31
Floating Gardens - 7 - It's good. It really is. You can build very tall empire with it's help. But among all the top UB listed here it is the only one with major drawback: it's very situational to be used at full capacity.
Paper Maker -25
Pyramid - 40
Stele - 40 - Monument (Stele) is always the first building you build. First building that yields 2 culture AND 2 piety is awesome. Pure religious dominance.

Bazaar - 28 The Bazaar is the one that's "situational." No one wants copies of resources they already have. And you need good relations to get a good deal, and lose the deal if there's a DoW. Oases aren't that common, and deserts suck if you miss out on Desert Folklore. Oil takes a long time to unlock.
Floating Gardens - 7 Let's be clear here, you shouldn't be ignoring this bonus. This is a GROSS food bonus, like Temple of Artemis. If you think that huge food bonuses are no big deal because of internal trade routes, then you don't understand the value of trade routes or food. Lakes and rivers are features of every map, and the Aztec receive a bonus to lakes that is totally unique. Anyone else working a lake is practically throwing a tile away, but not the Aztec.
Paper Maker -25
Pyramid - 40
Stele - 40

Top Bottom