How to make 2 civs fight each other or bad relationship

bluefeli

Chieftain
1. Make their religion different

How? Use missionaries or prophets
If They both have your religion, Get other religion in your one city

2. Make their ideology different

How? If they have same ideology, Change my ideology to different ID from their ID with huge tourism
Then They have to change it to my ideology
But They couldn't change it at the same time
So it's working.. even if short times

3. Make them vote "nay" to other civ's offer

How? Use spies

4. Put our settlers near the civs and make them put their settlers closer

I just thought about that... It's all I can think about it.
And I know it's difficult to carry out successfully
And It's useless
But I play emperor level(it's too easy to me).. so I can do anything, if i think it's funny, even if it's useless

So Any ideas? Useless but funny? or really working well?
How to make 2 civs fight each other or bad relationship?

And Sorry for my bad english

Well the first thing to try is to open trade and try to pay one civ to attack the other. Strong warmongers seem to do this service for quite a low price too. :D

Well the first thing to try is to open trade and try to pay one civ to attack the other. Strong warmongers seem to do this service for quite a low price too. :D

Yeah. I think so. I'll try first thing as soon as I can. :)

4. Put our settlers near the civs and make them put their settlers closer

I just thought about that... It's all I can think about it.
And I know it's difficult to carry out successfully
And It's useless
Forcing AI civs to have contested borders probably does increase their hostility level towards each other, but doing so by blocking them with your cities also increases the hostility level towards you. As the title of the thread indicates you want them to fight each other, it's pretty much a given that you want them to fight each other... instead of you, which is probably what they'll do to circumvent the problem you created for them.

A more practical approach to creating border tensions between AI civs is by blocking them with units instead of cities. Along with closing your borders, use units and terrain to pigeon-hole AI settlers towards aggressive settling near another AI. Remember that "friendly" (i.e. not at war) military units can leap over one of your units to get around you, but their civilian units cannot (settlers/workers/missionaries and prophets)

Forcing AI civs to have contested borders probably does increase their hostility level towards each other, but doing so by blocking them with your cities also increases the hostility level towards you. As the title of the thread indicates you want them to fight each other, it's pretty much a given that you want them to fight each other... instead of you, which is probably what they'll do to circumvent the problem you created for them.

A more practical approach to creating border tensions between AI civs is by blocking them with units instead of cities. Along with closing your borders, use units and terrain to pigeon-hole AI settlers towards aggressive settling near another AI. Remember that "friendly" (i.e. not at war) military units can leap over one of your units to get around you, but their civilian units cannot (settlers/workers/missionaries and prophets)

Oh Yes. I thought about that. But I doubted If I made settlers lead to a way I want by my units, the settlers choose other spot to set down on? or They circle around forever. If They choose other spot, I use units instead of my cities. Thx That's good advice!

Is it feasible for us to settle a city in the borders of CIv A, then sell the city immediately to another Civ B? Will this make them hate each other?

Is it feasible for us to settle a city in the borders of CIv A, then sell the city immediately to another Civ B? Will this make them hate each other?

Wow.. That could be awesome, if it's possible to sell or give my cities. I'll try it soon. :goodjob:

You can give your cities away, just like any other resource or asset. Go to the trade screen. At the bottom of your side of the ledger pick "Cities" and the city you want to trade, and then click what wil you give me for this? If they say they won't pay anything for it, you should still be able to give it away for free -- just set up the city on your side of the ledger, leave their side of the ledger clear, and click propose.

Not only are you rid of that city and ready to watch border friction at work, but you might get a "we've traded recently" diplo modifier.

However, a few cautions:

-- if you founded the city you gave away, your culture costs still increased to the higher per-city cost; once you give away or sell the city, your next city wil not increase your culture costs

--don't be surprised if the AI chooses to raze the city. Even worse, the AI may choose to resell the city to another AI, including the AI whose borders that city abuts, putting them even closer to you.

Depends on a variety of factors, including how much the civ being bribed already dislikes the target civ, whether the civ being bribed is occupied elsewhere, and relative military strength of the civ being bribed and the target civ.

You can give your cities away, just like any other resource or asset. Go to the trade screen. At the bottom of your side of the ledger pick "Cities" and the city you want to trade, and then click what wil you give me for this? If they say they won't pay anything for it, you should still be able to give it away for free -- just set up the city on your side of the ledger, leave their side of the ledger clear, and click propose.

Not only are you rid of that city and ready to watch border friction at work, but you might get a "we've traded recently" diplo modifier.

However, a few cautions:

-- if you founded the city you gave away, your culture costs still increased to the higher per-city cost; once you give away or sell the city, your next city wil not increase your culture costs

--don't be surprised if the AI chooses to raze the city. Even worse, the AI may choose to resell the city to another AI, including the AI whose borders that city abuts, putting them even closer to you.

Wow. I forgot there's a trade market to sell cities!! It could make my play more exciting and flexible! Why I didn't think selling my cities when I really need it until now.. It could be very useful. Thx for good advice and useful tips. :goodjob:

Top Bottom