RandNES 1: Dawn of a World

Name/Player: Foeinu/ Bonefang
-Starting Location and Color (show on map): White; Map attached
Spoiler :

-Government: Tribal
-Unique Power: Enslave !
When an enemy soldier is killed, there is a small percentage chance to enslave him/her, to be employed and/or sacrificed to gods.

-City Name: Kaskala
-Size: Small
-EP produced per turn: 10 (for the capital)
-Maintenance: 0
-Unique Features: Palace (+5 EP per turn)

Other cites names: Uldaar, DaggerCap, Un'Goro

You will also list other cities here in a similar format, but you don't have any.
-EP per turn: 10
-Stored EP: 0
-EP Spending:
-Army Size: 5
-Description: Foeinu, literally, the children of Fo, the mother goddess, lives by the code of the mother goddess. For ages they have roamed the wild lands, in search of Shrine of Fo, the holy land. They have only just settled down on the banks of the river Foegur (Tears of Fo). Foeinu often observe an elaborate week of worshiping the mother goddess, often accompanied by sacrifice of human blood to appease the goddess .

... Alright then.

For what it's worth, the Neberites are based on a mixture of China(admittedly from a bit later on), Germaniac tribes, and original elements. More specifically, a society which takes the element of Might Makes Right as far as I think I can stretch it.

Name: Aimoni/Neverwonagame3
Location and colour: Any Temperate River, Green
Government: Despotism
Unique Power: Meritocratic. Officers of the state, whether military or civil commanders, slightly better than they would be otherwise.
Cities: Aimon
(NOTE: For future names, anything that's a word in Old Germaniac works. Yes I know this is a lame way of doing things, but at least it has some liguistic unity)

EP per turn: 10
Stored EP: 0
EP spending:
Army size: 5

Description: The Aimoni are an unusual tribe in their system of legitimacy- victory is considered proof of being in the right in the conflict, as it proves endorsement from Heaven. This has pros and cons- hierarchies tend to be meritocratic as internal struggles for power help to ensure only the best suceed, but the society is always close to civil war...

@bonefang: Seems good.
@NWAG: The UP is very creative, I just think it might be a little abusable. How about maybe something like "Technology advances faster during Civil War" or something like that? That could represent the competitiveness of the various warring dynasties when that happens. Civil war is represented by in-game mechanics; if your empire is too unstable/overextended, sometimes half of your empire will split off. Better than a full collapse, but not much.

@All: Just to clarify, you only have one city. The extra city names are names of cities that you might found in the future.

Actually, how about this? "Naturally Meritocratic"- Whenever the issue comes up, administrative and military officers are considered to be slightly better than they would otherwise be.

This would provide an overall slight bonus- not much good for decay, but would mean my economy and military were a bit better. The bonus would be larger in matters where the capability of administrators and officers would be more important, and smaller when it would be less important.

Regardless, I intend to go for something like China- which didn't really have problems with "aging" over time. If we do it this way, I'll try to circumvent in play.

-Name/Player: Ch’āenīmhǎer/Bair
-Starting Location and Color (show on map):

-Government: Despotism
-Unique Power: Power of the Great River: Ch’āenīm culture spreads faster and commerce is increased along rivers.
-Cities:
-Name: T’tāekhóh
-EP Spending:
-Description:
 

Noting that I'll edit my concept a bit. I have an idea.

Name/Player: Uran/Silverman
Starting Location and Color (show on map): Light Blue, Map attached
Government: Despotism
Unique Power: The Great Canal of Ura'qui
After years of worshiping their Ocean Gods, the people have been told of a great construction, the canal. The people have figured out how to build canals, connecting the 2 Great Oceans!

City Name: Ura'qui
-Description:
The people of Ura'qui are a simple people. For years they have hunted for game and fish that swim in the very shallow water. But every year they give worship to their great Ocean Gods and sacrifice the most beautiful of fish, and cattle, and the greatest hunters go out to bring a whale to shore, and feast upon the flesh of the holy animal.

Note, I'm new to NES so please be patient with me, this is my first.

Attachments

• nesWORLD2.jpg
    nesWORLD2.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 81
Actually, how about this? "Naturally Meritocratic"- Whenever the issue comes up, administrative and military officers are considered to be slightly better than they would otherwise be.

This would provide an overall slight bonus- not much good for decay, but would mean my economy and military were a bit better. The bonus would be larger in matters where the capability of administrators and officers would be more important, and smaller when it would be less important.

Regardless, I intend to go for something like China- which didn't really have problems with "aging" over time. If we do it this way, I'll try to circumvent in play.

Sounds good!

@Bair: I hate you for making your civ's name so difficult to type! Besides that, it is fine.

@silverman6083: Looks good.

-Name/Player: Sefa/talonschild
-Starting Location and Colour (show on map):

-Unique Power: First of the Titans - Bonus to stability/reduction in distance penalties (mod's discretion to just how large) until the end of the Stone Age.
-Cities:

--Name: Sefa
--Size: Small
--EP produced per turn: 10 (for the capital)
--Maintenance: 0
--Unique Features: Palace (+5 EP per turn)

-EP Spending: ---
-Description: Sefa was one of the very first cities to seriously consider projecting power beyond what its inhabitants needed. As such, they built one of the first real empires, while their glory lasted.

PS: Welcome aboard, Silverman.

@Talonschild: I could just make you have a higher starting stability and be a little bit more lenient with stability for your UP. It can even last until the end of the Classical Age. Besides that, looks good.

@everyone: Because I'm having some trouble getting my new computer to work, the first update will have to be postponed until tomorrow. Sorry!

Would I still be able to join this?

-Name/Player: Hadun/Amesjay
-Starting Location and Colour (show on map):
Black or Grey would be fine

-Unique Power: City of Wonders
Able to construct larger buildings or wonders faster (or builds more sturdy/larger constructions than normal)
-Cities:

--Name: Halturias
--Size: Small
--EP produced per turn: 10 (for the capital)
--Maintenance: 0
--Unique Features: Palace (+5 EP per turn)

-EP Spending: ---
-Description: The people of Hadun have always been dedicated builders with vision. Their structures and wonders were impressive in both sight and magnitude. They plan to turn their city into something so magnificent that no one would dare (or even be able to) touch their city.

@talonschild: Sure.

@amesjay: Looks good.

Update 0
Stone Age
Unknown Year

Map:
Spoiler :
Please use the political map for all territory-related claims in the future, please. Thanks!

It is the dawn of civilization as we know it. After thousands of years of a nomadic lifestyle, your people have decided to settle down and found your first city. What will you do?

Economy Points:
Spoiler :
Everyone has 10 Economy points. You can spend them however you want within realistic context (no nukes in the Stone Age please). The only cost set in stone (get it?) for this era is that founding a new city costs 60 EP. This is for balance.

Everyone has 10 EP. You gain an amount of EP at the beginning of each update equal to the amount your cities are producing. Pretty simple for now.

Stability:
Spoiler :
Everyone is at Stable stability, with the exception of the Sefa, who are at Solid stability. Stability is measured on a scale of -50 to 50, with the visible stability increments being Collapsing, Unstable, Shaky, Stable, Solid, and Very Solid. You know the rough stability of each other player, but you don't know the exact number without espionage spending. At the beginning of each update, I will PM you your exact stability.

Since there is no espionage at the moment, all orders are public. Just copy and re-post your original application with the "EP Spending" section filled out.

ORDERS DUE SATURDAY, JANUARY 18th, AT NOON EST!!!!!!!!

Would you be able to give us some idea of costs? Such as how much a small mine may be, or walls etc?

Just say that you're working on building walls or building mines, and I will take that into account.

Didn't I explicitly state Temperate River? Why am I not on a river?

Let the games begin...

Orders

Vengra / Lord_Herobrine
10 EP to Spend
-Spend 6 EP on expanding agricultural aspects of the state, such as civil works projects that produce simple irrigation systems and starter farms. These simple irrigation systems are a pattern of ditches carved into the banks of the Vahme river which regularly flood to send water to the less arable portions of land and increase food production.
-Spend 2 EP on building rudimentary pathways to hopefully decrease travel time between places.
-Invest the remaining 2 EP on establishing common areas for public use, such as an incredibly rudimentary library.

Hopefully my orders are not too advanced for a stone age society. :p

Didn't I explicitly state Temperate River? Why am I not on a river?

My goodness, sorry about that! I forgot that you just wanted to be on any river. I'll edit you in soon.

Top Bottom