While We Wait: (Almost) Anything Goes

I like the hero/messiah/chosen people/holocaust complex.

I'm well aware you can easily check who posted those things, I added the link myself. I'm just being the voice of CFC NESing while some of you guys are just "ensuring latecomers know where the real party is". And since I'm a persona non grata there (my brand new user title! thanks you know who!) I have no intention of letting my hobby die out without responding.

And the subject is fine as long as no one insults anyone, flames anyone, or calls anyone names etc...

You're not the voice of CFC NESing, erez; you're just one of a very small number of people vehemently opposed to the notion of moving. I mean, I'd much rather we didn't, but there's no need to be vitriolic about it if some games are on The Frontier. Also, in practice, if you joined The Frontier, I'm sure no-one would object in the slightest: in fact, everyone would surely be very pleased. The fact that one person, whether or not seriously, thinks you're persona non grata, doesn't mean that you actually are - and, if you are persona non grata in the eyes of anyone, the only reason for that is that you are setting yourself up in such vehement opposition to it. So if you're saying you're opposed to The Frontier because you're persona non grata - then your line is rather self-defeating.

erez, I don't know what happened to you but I'm sorry it occurred. I consider literally all of you my friends (sans Amon) and I've been nesing since Shock and Awe. It's not just your hobby and you are not the only one interested in its continued survival.

I can tell you what happened to me. I never changed. I just wasn't active here when people went on #nes and became best friends. I remember how friendly we were when 'people' were insulting me on #nes for quite a while, and that when I finally broke and insulted back I was kicked. Sure friend. How did NK call it when the mods did it? Favoritism FTW.

the fact you say sans Amon, even thou you met us both at the same time, only because of his political opinions , which are far from the worst in this community, just shows even more favoritism FTW. Or maybe you want to tell me "you are taking him too seriously" - CFC moderators? Or maybe just you guys when it's your friend? You guys are literally writing the responses for you. That's kind of amusing. Should I quote you next?

"sometimes you need a little drama to protect the things that are important to you :D"

You're not the voice of CFC NESing, erez; you're just one of a very small number of people vehemently opposed to the notion of moving. I mean, I'd much rather we didn't, but there's no need to be vitriolic about it if some games are on The Frontier. Also, in practice, if you joined The Frontier, I'm sure no-one would object in the slightest: in fact, everyone would surely be very pleased. The fact that one person, whether or not seriously, thinks you're persona non grata, doesn't mean that you actually are - and, if you are persona non grata in the eyes of anyone, the only reason for that is that you are setting yourself up in such vehement opposition to it. So if you're saying you're opposed to The Frontier because you're persona non grata - then your line is rather self-defeating.

I never claimed to be the voice of NESing ;). I am just a single player, just as each and every one of us is. I just choose to use my single voice in support of my hobby as I see right. The only reason for this move is to remove a single player from NESing because some of the community don't like his political opinions, and the moderators of CFC wouldn't play into that.

The person who said I am a persona non grata (and some other mean spirited words) did claim to talk in the name of the community. I obviously merely smiled and moved on since no one is the voice of a community.

I don't want to move to another forum just so people won't have to play with people they don't like. That is just wrong.

Okay, this is starting to piss me off.

Erez, the reasons for the move have been detailed elsewhere. They are myriad. "Moving to avoid one person" does not cover the reasons for the move; it's not been a single-issue problem and it will continue to be a multiple-issue problem. While admittedly [X] holds views that are widely (read: by most of the western world) abhorrent, there are also concerns with the nature of the forum rules themselves, as well as events that I cannot go into detail about because of the PDMA rule. Continuing to try and boil the people you disagree with down to one "elitist" idea is a clumsy attempt at defamation by you, and I hope you drop it shortly.

For that matter, quoting people who can't reply because of various bans in order to make them look bad is the height of classlessness, and more to the point falls under "flaming" and "trolling". Reported.

Also, please stop quoting "favoritism ftw" in a different context. We are not being favoritistic. The word refers to when a group of people use their power to elevate certain people above others. If you or [user X] attempted to join the frontier, someone would probably vouch for either of you, and you would have the same status as an NESer in the eyes of the forum administrators. It does not refer to excluding people for hateful rhetoric or other factors -- not that that's even the issue at hand here.

At any rate, I feel like it's perfectly legitimate to NES on both forums, a view which, ironically, seems to be most vehemently opposed by the people exclusively on this forum, some of whom have said, by implication or directly to my face, rather awful things -- either about my NES, my personality, or simply about my ideals of NESing. Frankly, I'm a little astonished that people think the way to get people to come back to a forum is insulting them, but I guess there are a lot of mental gymnastics ongoing here.

The simple fact of the matter here is that certain people want to be able to have more interesting and free-form discussions. Certain podunk potentates claim that internet forums are not a democracy and cannot function as one. I, for one, disagree. The Internet is a democracy, and you vote with your feet. Didn't you just say something to this effect? If you don't like a site, go to a different site. That's what we did. You don't have to obsess over it and crawl across our forums looking for screencaps to post on here.

I am voting with my feet, and even if you hadn't lost my vote already, you sure would have with those trolls.

Well, I suppose this is nice. at least it's clear what the intent of this thread is, rather than simply making it something.

Okay, this is starting to piss me off.

Erez, the reasons for the move have been detailed elsewhere. They are myriad. "Moving to avoid one person" does not cover the reasons for the move; it's not been a single-issue problem and it will continue to be a multiple-issue problem. While admittedly [X] holds views that are widely (read: by most of the western world) abhorrent, there are also concerns with the nature of the forum rules themselves, as well as events that I cannot go into detail about because of the PDMA rule. Continuing to try and boil the people you disagree with down to one "elitist" idea is a clumsy attempt at defamation by you, and I hope you drop it shortly.

For that matter, quoting people who can't reply because of various bans in order to make them look bad is the height of classlessness, and more to the point falls under "flaming" and "trolling". Reported.
Considering I didn't say a single name, and the only people who would know who are the people I am talking about is them and those who saw what I am talking about, I don't see how am I flaming them. I think to flame you need to refer to a person. I wasn't. Also if I did flame, I hope I get punished like anyone else who does it.

As for the reasons, the only reasons discussed were in this order: Amon. PDMA. Adding there are reasons hidden behind PDMA isn't saying much.

Also, please stop quoting "favoritism ftw" in a different context. We are not being favoritistic. The word refers to when a group of people use their power to elevate certain people above others. If you or [user X] attempted to join the frontier, someone would probably vouch for either of you, and you would have the same status as an NESer in the eyes of the forum administrators. It does not refer to excluding people for hateful rhetoric or other factors -- not that that's even the issue at hand here.

Yeah. I bet. You just joined a forum in which the only way to join is to get someone else to vouch for you. And you are telling me this has nothing to do with favoritism. :lol: and later you call it a democracy, because in a democracy you need someone to vouch for you when you join. :crazyeye:

At any rate, I feel like it's perfectly legitimate to NES on both forums, a view which, ironically, seems to be most vehemently opposed by the people exclusively on this forum, some of whom have said, by implication or directly to my face, rather awful things -- either about my NES, my personality, or simply about my ideals of NESing. Frankly, I'm a little astonished that people think the way to get people to come back to a forum is insulting them, but I guess there are a lot of mental gymnastics ongoing here.

I don't know who said those things, but I do know it wasn't me. I really do hope NESing catches on like wildfire in the new forum and succeeds. In fact I am pretty sure it will BECAUSE your NES is there. So I understand WHAT is pissing you off, but apparently it has nothing to do with me. Also I am totally in support of people being in both forums (in ALL forums).

Whoever it is, is doing something very very wrong in my opinion, it isn't helping anyone.

The simple fact of the matter here is that certain people want to be able to have more interesting and free-form discussions. Certain podunk potentates claim that internet forums are not a democracy and cannot function as one. I, for one, disagree. The Internet is a democracy, and you vote with your feet. Didn't you just say something to this effect? If you don't like a site, go to a different site. That's what we did. You don't have to obsess over it and crawl across our forums looking for screencaps to post on here.
Yes I did say that. I am all for that. And I hope everyone votes with their feet and do what makes them happier. Thought I don't see how we anyone can say we couldn't have interesting free-form discussions on CFC. The only time there was meddling by moderation were when people were flaming/trolling/insulting/threatening etc... Or maybe that's what you mean in free-form discussions? I don't believe that's what you mean, but I really don't understand what you do mean in that case.

erez I understand the 'vouching for you' is mainly to prevent bots and spammers getting accounts, and secondarily to prevent complete randoms with no idea what the site is about. In fact you could probably join just by linking to some of your NESes / updates. You'd get vouched for. I doubt anyone would try to block you.

Did we change subjects yet?

I like cats.

I like cats too ;) and I have bunnies living around my neighborhood, they are adorable. I hope they eat all the grass.

yeah, the vouching is just to see if you're a real person, not what your character is like. i guess somebody could be that guy, but it's not for that.

It's pretty obvious to anyone who goes on both websites who you are referring to. The fact that you're trying to hide behind "oh I didn't say a name" is amazingly childish. We all know who you're talking about, and the fact is that if that person (or people) weren't all banned, they could reply in person, and if they weren't in trouble with the staff, your posts would probably be infraction worthy.

I literally can't point out the reasons anymore, because it has been made abundantly clear that if I did, it would be immediately deleted, and I would be banned, and even screenshots resized to the point of illegibility would be considered an avatar violation. I didn't start this insanity, but if I have to circumlocute to avoid getting a post deleted when it has important content, I will.

That's the Frontier's system. We don't like it much. Hence, I, personally, will vouch for anyone.

Yes, anyone.

Startlingly favoritistic towards people who aren't spambots, I know. I can't help it.

What I mean by free-form discussions is that if someone says something stupid, other people should be allowed to call it stupid. -footing around the issue doesn't help anyone; I shouldn't have to treat a Moon landing skeptic or a Holocaust denier or an Objectivist with respect when they have so swiftly dived off the deep end.

At any rate, if you hide behind the "not using any usernames" again I'm not going to bother replying.

Yeah. I bet. You just joined a forum in which the only way to join is to get someone else to vouch for you. And you are telling me this has nothing to do with favoritism. :lol: and later you call it a democracy, because in a democracy you need someone to vouch for you when you join. :crazyeye:

You don't actually need anyone to vouch for you.

I sure as heck got in without a single post supporting me.

In any case, erez, it can be grating when I hear you accusing my fellow NESers over in the frontier. This whole split due to disagreements in goddamn forum rules and such shouldn't be causing this amount of vitriol.

As it happened, you did misrepresent a large number of NESers in the Frontier with your screencaps in order to make them look bad. You didn't name any names yes, but most of us know what you are talking about and it's not appreciated. In fact, it's seriously starting to get on my nerves.

Most of the NESes that I'll be joining in the future and is in right now is over in the Frontier. You are accusing a lot of people I have grown to respect of favoritism and wanting to "ruin NESing,' when I know both of these are false.

I'm sure you have a reason to be angry but there's no need to lash out about it.

Sure NK. Moving along.

I do like cats.

Seon. I am accusing some people of some things, yes. I am freely admitting that. You have grown to respect them, perhaps, I did not. And I don't really care if this is getting on people's nerves, I intend to protect what I see as right and true. You are welcome to do the same. Anyone is welcome to prove me wrong. I will fully admit if I am wrong. Right now, I don't think I am.

I have made my uncensored opinions on this subject abundantly clear in the refugee camps. On here, all I have to say that is useful is that you can't force us to take you seriously when your behavior doesn't warrant being taken seriously.

Ok. Let's move away from the intrasite tit for tat. Strictly speaking directly quoting a post is not trolling or flaming. I will review things when I can but it probably wont be until tomorrow.

I wish those who moved would stop posting here. Good rittens to the toxic portion of this forum. People want to have a discussion on politics on the WWW thread and get all butt-hurt and start calling people names when someone disagrees with their fascist nonsense.

This isn't the first time a portion of the NES community has split off to branch somewhere else. Amirsan made a forum in the style of this and got a couple guys to go start a NES community there. That community died, however (While the site still stands, I think). And there was Apolyton, not sure if anyone remembers that.

We used to not have these ridiculous discussions of politics and philosphy before there was the WWW thread, and less feelings got hurt in those times.

Moderator Action: The first paragraph is essentially pure flaming. Incendiary language like this (from multiple people) is part of the reason we are where we are today. Please stop.

I have no intention of leaving the website and I think BSmith and others will agree I am in no way obligated to. I'm disappointed that my interest in maintaining ties with both the "leaving" and "staying" sections of the forum is apparently some kind of divisive political statement.

I won't respond to any more posts on this subject because I suspect this is largely the opposite of what BSmith wants this thread to exist for.

Ok. Let's move away from the intrasite tit for tat. Strictly speaking directly quoting a post is not trolling or flaming. I will review things when I can but it probably wont be until tomorrow.

Than it is, as you describe, an inter site tit for tat and should be removed as spam. Vitriol has no place doing here.

I have no intention of leaving the website and I think BSmith and others will agree I am in no way obligated to. I'm disappointed that my interest in maintaining ties with both the "leaving" and "staying" sections of the forum is apparently some kind of divisive political statement.

I won't respond to any more posts on this subject because I suspect this is largely the opposite of what BSmith wants this thread to exist for.

Agreed. A few of us who have made accounts on the frontier also have other stuff on CFC that they want to do, such as S&T and DoC for me.

On the Off-Topic side, does anybody else here like minimalist music?

My god parents had a really sweet cat. They also had a hellion with almost the same coat, so you wanted to be sure which one it was before you touched it.

Top Bottom