Civil War Scenario for G&K

Tryed to play as Abe a few times, but for some reason my soldiers seems to be outgraded 1-10 in combatstrength, defence of attack, as if it were recriuts against elite veterans. Too silly so it goes "back to windows"..:suicide:

Because it's more a mod including a scenario than "just" a scenario.

The mod is great. You say you are not keen on uploading mods to Steam. I was wondering is there is a way to download a Steam mod without going through Steam and using the Workshop? I have a Mac and Mac users can't access Mods through Steam.
Actually, I am very keen on sharing mods via Steam, and less so for sharing on this site. Though I do think it is silly to restrict the download of mod files to PC users....

As far as I know, it's impossible to get Steam mods from an "alternate download site". This is your alternate download site, I suppose. ^^

There are major areas of "non-overlapping magesteria" between Steam and this site though, so don't expect to find duplicates for everything you want to try!

Tryed to play as Abe a few times, but for some reason my soldiers seems to be outgraded 1-10 in combatstrength, defence of attack, as if it were recriuts against elite veterans. Too silly so it goes "back to windows"..:suicide:

I suspect you were trying to attack with musketmen (militia) in hostile territory, which is a bad idea because they have promotion that reduces their effectiveness in foreign territory. This isn't "silly", it's a way to differentiate unit roles. If you had played past turn 20 or so you probably would have complained more about how easy it was to play as the Union. ^^

Great mod. Thanks.

I have a modding question. How did you get the railed artillery to stay connected to just railroads?

Is is possible to have a unit limited to only roads/railroads in one terrain type and move freely on another?

I want to restrict mechanized and armor units to roads/railroads when moving in swamp, forest, jungle and hills while retaining freedom of movement on plains, grasslands, tundra, and desert.

Great mod. Thanks.

I have a modding question. How did you get the railed artillery to stay connected to just railroads?

Is is possible to have a unit limited to only roads/railroads in one terrain type and move freely on another?

I want to restrict mechanized and armor units to roads/railroads when moving in swamp, forest, jungle and hills while retaining freedom of movement on plains, grasslands, tundra, and desert.

On the first question, I don't think I did that with this mod. I think this would only be possible with some lua or (preferably) dll code. But yes, I think technically you should be able to block certain units from certain terrains except in case of a route (something along the lines of RFC).

• Bugfix: Will automatically unload BNW, if installed.
  • Bugfix: Union Trait now correctly reports gold per policy adopted in Top Panel.
  • Balance: War Weariness is based on the duration of the war, and increases every 2 years.
  • Balance: Unhappiness thresholds for Revolt are reset to base game values.
  • Balance: Victory is based on controlling population, not land. This opens up new strategies (i.e. growing into victory).
  • Balance: Buildings are much less likely to be destroyed upon conquest.
  • Addition: Enemy opponent will periodically receive reinforcements in their capital.
  • Addition: When the Confederacy loses a city, Conscripts equal to the number of lost citizens spawn near the capital.

I was going to create a new Civil War scenario, but you have that accomplished already. This is great I have to play it. :) This is for BNW?

I was going to create a new Civil War scenario, but you have that accomplished already. This is great I have to play it. :) This is for BNW?

Hi, You can play this with BNW installed, but it runs under GnK (which is required). If you have BNW this mod will unload it automatically.

I have to say, a new CW scenario would be pretty nice, as this one was made ages ago and is quite bad.

Hi, You can play this with BNW installed, but it runs under GnK (which is required). If you have BNW this mod will unload it automatically.

I have to say, a new CW scenario would be pretty nice, as this one was made ages ago and is quite bad.

Hello, Could I use your map and other parts of your mod? The map you created is similar to the one I would have done. It will save me a bunch of time. Also, I could take the map and rebuild it in worldbuilder. Then I can work on a new mod. For anything I use from your mod I would give you credit. In fact, I wouldn't mind you posting it as your mod when it is finished. After all your mod will be the inspiration for the new one. The first thing I am going to do though is play your mod. I'll write down some notes and tell you what I think.

Feel free to use anything from any of my mods in any way you want. No need to ask!

best,
FA

Thanks! I was just playing as the Confederates. The Union may overrun me pretty soon here.

Top Bottom