Hulfgar's Modpacks - Industrial and Complete Edition

Hi! With this new version is the problem of JFD civilizations with the DLC version solved?

Right now I can only play with the mod version, but after 50-60 turns I always get the save bug, with many graphic glitchs.

I want to try the DLC version, if the problem is solved.

I had not the time to look into JFD civilizations yet, it's on my to do list for tomorrow.

The game freezes when attempting to load and Civ 5 stops responding. Any ideas? Thanks

can you give me more details ?
which version of the mod?
DLC or "regular" Mod?
if DLC started asa Single Player or Mods?
any other mod enabled ?
Window or Mac ?

Can anyone explain about this marriage to a city state thing? Seems Russia is marrying every single city state. What is it and what is the counter move to it? I meant to ask this once before but forgot....
GQ

Can anyone explain about this marriage to a city state thing?

it's an event in the base game, not a feature of the mod.

I had it once with Austria if I'm right. The CS merged with the Austrian Civ. I don't think that there is a counter move :(

Hmm thats strange only Austria is supposed to be able to do that. Are you using any other mods? And sadly, theres no counter to it other than being the city states ally or conquering it.

Oh if I only had nukes, they have them but they are 1300 point ahead of me....

Hulfgar
Some things I noticed
Grape Resource does not result in Wines for trade but still grapes
Resource Ivory should be Elephants which then produce Ivory

Ballistic Missile Sub available before Ballistic Missile.

That is all i have for now...some got fixed I was still on 8.3

Thank you
GQ

Hey hulfgar,

Great mod. It's given the game tons of replayability. But I have a problem. For some reason, the steel foundry isn't in my game. It's the only building out of all of them not added. I'm using the StonetoStars regular version.

Any help would be appreciated.

DJGspinNhitz thanks I will correct this for the next version (will take some time).

DDomenico which version of the mod do you play?
Do you have other mod enabled ? maybe one that has a steel foundry as building as well?
And if not could you post me the log files (database, lua and xml, see the 1; and 2. post for more details about log files) ?

Thanks.

I will be off for the next 3 days, back on Monday :)

Hulfgar,
due to lack of early game conquest by the ai, i decided to run some only ai battles as tests, and i have confirmed that the ai builds ZERO siege units before artillery. This might not seem so bad, but 20 civs on a pangea map and not a single city was conquered before the industrial era. To see if maybe city strength was too high, i gave one ai 3 trebuchets in one of his wars (This was Medieval Era) and he took his first city within 10 turns. The ai will completely wipe out the enemy's army, have the city surrounded and will proceed to lose all his units without even going through half city health. I think you should adjust early game seige units, maybe make their build flavor higher, because this is a huge nerf to early warring ai's, and kinda kills early game for me.

Grishnikov
I my games the AI builds a lot of battering rams, they do take cities. I have also never seen catapults and such by the AI but I never build them either since they do not offer much extra over archers.
GQ

Hi all,

first thanks for those feedbacks.

Grishnikov_007 I'm not sure but I think that long ago the flavor of siege units was nerfed (in the mod) because the AI spammed them. I will look into it and either put the flavor back to vanilla value or increase it.

From my last game what the AI used the most was Infantry + Bombers to take cities in the late eras, so siege units may need an increase in flavor.

I had some ideas for National Wonders---
Lighthouse in all cities--- Coast Guard---Provides +1 Gold to all sea trade routes
Sewer in all Cities---Public Works Department--- + 1 production in all cities
Stadium in all Cities---Major League Sports--- +1 Culture in all cities
Caravansary in all cities---Customs & Border Department--- Free Great Merchant & +1 Culture In all Cities.

I feel there are a few bottlenecks in the Tech Tree that help lead one CIV pull ahead and stay there. Maybe separating the branches more or adding Policy Requirement to more of the World Wonders to balance the game better. Seems whatever CIV gets ahead basically builds all the World Wonders and moves further ahead. Trying to find ways to keep games tighter.

When a City-State is conquered then conquered by another player can we return it to where we can "free" the City-State back into existence instead of it becoming part of our CIV?

When using the DLC version how does one change city spacing? I am thinking 5 versus 4 since the AI seems to spam cities, so they often have lots of small cities with just one or two big ones. Where all my cities end up quite large since I space them out more.

Also you might want to look at Silver's bonuses versus other resources, this resource always seems tied to the lead CIV in games. So I am wondering if it is "juiced" too much.

GQ

I agree with AI running ahead. One AI will take tech lead early on, build all wonders and completely outpace all AI. Is there a way to make techs discovered by one civ a lot cheaper to other civs? Maybe do like 30 or 40% cheaper, so that the lead AI has an advantage, but not as big.

Hi, I'm making a to do list to forget nothing for the next update.

If you find that something is missing just mention it.

I'm quite busy for now so I don't always answer immediately, please accept my apologizes for this.

To do :

- Increase the fighting capacity against barbarians in the early stage of the game.

- Update (or check the updates ) for the resource names :
Wine - Grapes,
Silk - Silkworms
Ivory - Elephants

- flavor tuning for the siege weapons

- policy requirements for the world wonders (this will be done for the customs WW first, if there is an unbalance it will comes from those WW first).

- eventually split the tech tree in branches.

- new national wonders
Lighthouse in all cities--- Coast Guard---Provides +1 Gold to all sea trade routes
Sewer in all Cities---Public Works Department--- + 1 production in all cities
Stadium in all Cities---Major League Sports--- +1 Culture in all cities
Caravansary in all cities---Customs & Border Department--- Free Great Merchant & +1 Culture In all Cities.

When a City-State is conquered then conquered by another player can we return it to where we can "free" the City-State back into existence instead of it becoming part of our CIV?
If it's not already part of the game I have to look at how to do it, should it be possible.
If it's already possible but bugged by the conquer city bug I still don't know where this bug comes from :(

Also you might want to look at Silver's bonuses versus other resources, this resource always seems tied to the lead CIV in games. So I am wondering if it is "juiced" too much.
I will have a look at it but I've not touched the silver / resources bonuses (which doesn't mean that they can't be unbalanced :) )

Is there a way to make techs discovered by one civ a lot cheaper to other civs? Maybe do like 30 or 40% cheaper, so that the lead AI has an advantage, but not as big.
It sounds possible, I think some mods already do it, I will look into this issue.

Grishnikov_007 and DJGspinNhitz are you interested in testing the next stage of the mod (= Extended edition, with more futur units?)
It's in alpha/pre beta stage for now. If you are interested I will give you more details and my email for direct feedback per PM.

I wish you all a great week end, back on Monday !

Yah sure id be interested in testing! I could also test out how the AI functions, and different mod compatibility if you'd like. I'm available for all days except weekends (cottage :) )

Top Bottom