CivRev PS3?

Justin_M17

Chieftain
Hey, I've been a fan of the Civilization series for a long time and I've been considering buying the newest installment in the series on my PS3 but I've heard from numerous sources that it's very difficult to find anybody to play online with me. Is this true or is it still relatively easy to find people to play with?

Thanks in advance!

iunno if it's hard to find anyone online, but rarely will anyone actually stay for the full game, like to see who wins or fight to the end.

I'm thinking about getting it too when I get paid this Friday. I probably won't play on line. I am really terrible with video games, especially if you have to press the buttons real fast in wierd combinations like shooters. About my speed is Tiger Woods 09. So before I go out and buy this game, is there any of that in Civ Rev?

Also, how close is it to the regular Civ games?

I am really terrible with video games, especially if you have to press the buttons real fast in wierd combinations like shooters.
It's still turn-based, so you don't need to worry about. :)

Also, how close is it to the regular Civ games?
It's more close to Civ2 than Civ4 in my opinion. Compared to regular Civ, the pace is faster and you can expect to finish a game in like 3 hours. If you have PS3/Xbox 360 and a Civ fan, it's definitely worth buying, especially at the current price.

I have it for the PS3 and I'm loving it. You don't need to worry about reaction times or anything, you can take your time for anything you're doing. There's some pretty cool and decently priced downloadable content as well, should you ever get bored with "just" the base game (the DLC adds new map types and wonders, amongst other things).

I find it to be the best Civ I've played so far, and I started with the original civ. Note, though, that if you're used to these sprawling epic 40h single-player games that you can surely have in Civ4, you won't find any of that in Civ Rev. Civ Rev games move along at a very quick pace and a winner tends to emerge very quickly.

I find it to be the best Civ I've played so far, and I started with the original civ. Note, though, that if you're used to these sprawling epic 40h single-player games that you can surely have in Civ4, you won't find any of that in Civ Rev. Civ Rev games move along at a very quick pace and a winner tends to emerge very quickly.

I obviously agree that the games move in a quicker pace, but I think the winner emerges sometimes less quickly than in Civ IV. In Civ IV, you know the winner pretty early on, but it takes hours and hours for that Civ to finally win, and it gets pretty old and boring waiting for them. In Civ Rev, the winner is sometimes less obvious, and it can come down to the final turn.

Top Bottom