Should I get this game? A few questions.

Davor

Prince
I am on the fence of getting this game. I will be getting this for the 360. I loved Civ 2, and hated Civ 3, but like Civ 4. I have tried the demo, and I like it. I like that the demo is more streamlined than the Civ series, and I should be able to finish games now in a few days instead of months.

I am reading the forums and trying to find info. What I can't find is about DLC. How are they? I see there is an Earth map, but is only for Multiplayer. From reading the post I am confused since someone said it's a single player as well. Is this true? I don't plan on playing MP, I am a SP person as well. I just want to know if I get the game, do I buy that DLC or stay away from it, since I will not do MP. I might try a game or two on MP to see what it's like, but I don't have the 4 hours it would take to play a game. (Is it true a game takes over 4 hours to play?) Also can a 360 player play a PS3 player or is it same console only? (can't understand why they can't if it is on different platforms)

Also what is the other DLC like? I am surprised I can't find any DLC releated articles. I tried search but is said can't find results or what I am looking for.

Can you guys tell me how the DLC is like? Can you tell me if they are fun, or if I should stay away from the ones you have to pay for. I guess I will get the ones that are free. But are they fun as well?

How much storage in gigs do you need to install the game on the 360 HD? Is it true that the game requires the DVD to be accessed alot? I read that this games causes the Ring of Death. Is there any truth to that as well?

Also any other tid bits you can tell me about this game?

Yes, you should get the game. It is a lot of fun, especially if you like previous versions of Civ, and are looking for a quicker game. The Earth map does work on single player. I don't find the DLC to add that much to the game, but I generally play multiplayer so I suppose I wouldn't know. I can't tell you too much about the DLC off the top of my head. Multiplayer games very rarely take 4+ hours, usually games are decided in the first hour or two. I've played 100+ games, and I've probably only had 1 or 2 games that have lasted four hours. People on different platforms cannot play each other, but this goes for all games, not just Civ. It's the consoles that don't allow it. I don't know how much storage the game requires on the HD, and I'm not sure if it causes the RROD. I've played the game a lot, and I've never had the RROD, though I did have another major hardware error, I have no reason to believe it was from Civ (it actually happened when I was taking an extended break from Civ).

This game has so much going for it, yet plenty of fairly big flaws. It's a fun, very engaging and addictive civ edition. On the other hand, AI is horrible at some areas of the game, diplomacy and relations is all but missing, and the difference between most games you play is not big.
But at the end of the day, if you like the demo, you'll more than likely like the game.

The DLC's have some maps (all available in a SP game), some scenarios, some wonders, and some relics. It all adds a little more to the game, but nothing essenstial here.

Well I got the game. I was going to buy a used copy, but spent 5 bucks more and bought a new copy. I guess this way Firaxis will get the money, and hopefully make a new Civ game.

I like the game, the simplicity. I wouldn't really say it's simplicity, for someone who never played a civ game will find this complex. I played Civ games ever since Civ I and I like the new change of pace. Faster is good, less boring, and the ONE MORE TURN is back again for me.

We need a end of turn button, and get rid of the MR Bean gittering that the advisors and leaders do. Game seems a bit small, but I am really glad I got it. Now to play the game a bit more and get some XBL points and buy the DLC.

New quesiton, do alot of people on the 360 play MP? Maybe I will try and play MP, but I do not want to waste money on getting gold if I don't play Live much, now that I know I only need an hour or so to play a MP game.

Hi Davor - Well done on the game buy. And yes on the MP gold account. Know it seems microsoft nickels & dimes you to death but the xbox live is worth it & is only $40 a YEAR so what is that 3 bucks a month. Even a college student could afford it.

I got Civ Rev specifically to play MP, & its fun. Aggravating, mabe a fourth of the online games are solid gaming experiences, cheating is rampant, players over advantage on program loopholes. You learn to really hate the Chinese. Have heard others complain about the Aztecs though I seem to handle them OK. Secret Santa teams are my current mission in life to destroy.

But now & then you play a really exciting game & yur drained at the end. Recently had a game coming down to a player daninmotion who turned out to be a true competitor & played an outstanding game. The occasionaly melding is worth the bulk of silly players.

Late post see you online.
Manock14

Your going to lose for the first month but hang in there, & avoid the know it alls. Devoloping your own strategy & finally winning with it is tops.

Well I am busy working at the moment, and just got a free month of xbox live. Once my overtime kicks out, I will cash the card in and hope I get my free month. I will buy xbox live next month.

Hope to see you guys online if I am not too late.

I went to King level and I am getting owned. For some reason I am more on the defensive and not on the offensive. When I tried to go on the offensive, I wasn't prepared for it and basically going to start a new game. Guess I am still learning, but having a blast, learning new things.

Civ Rev is the most addictive DS game I've ever tried. It's fun to play at the mid-difficulty levels and can provide good challenges at the higher settings. The game of the week can be a good training area for practice with different tribes and difficulty settings. I believe more scenarios will be available for download in the future. The DS version makes good, intuitive and efficient use of the touch screen as well as the various buttons.
I've played all of the various versions since the original Civ, except for the updated Colonisation, and Civ Rev is a worthy addition with many interesting features of its own.

I haven't tried game of the week in a while, but (assuming it is still running), that is the only new content the DS version has got or will ever get. Even downloadable content for the console versions appears to have stopped

Top Bottom