Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

Ginger_Ale

Lurker
Retired Moderator
With the recent influx of short, question-based threads, this thread, stickied at the top of the forum, should help you get fast replies to relatively simple questions, whether it's your first post on this forum or you are a veteran. If you have a question that you think doesn't need its own thread, you can ask here and help create a good reference source for answers for common questions.

Keep in mind that it is always a good idea to scan the recent topics, search the forums, or check out the resources on the homepage, but that's not necessary. Feel free to just ask any question you may have, no matter how basic, and someone will get to it shortly. :goodjob:

I've a question. HOW IN THE NAME OF HELL DO YOU FIGHT THE AZTECS!? With their healing after battle abilities, it is just ridiculous.

Well you need to get a tech advantage or a very fast army (in the current demo, you can have a Warrior Army on their doorstep(foothills actually) before they are able to get an army of thier own... you can completely kill units this way.

Otherwise, you probably need spies to lower thier defenses

You Can damage them if you retreat. They only insta heal after killing the enemy. Unfortunately that gives them a free promotion, so eventually they will have Loyalty, Engineer, Leadership on that unit.

I'd probably suggest occupying their tiles until you have higher tech forces, and then leading the way with a spy.

What is a perfect city. I have bee trying o use my Civ 4 stragety of mega cities which doesnt seem to be working.

playing it like it is Civ4, is like playing Civ4 like it is Civ3...it won't work.

I don't think anyone knows what the 'perfect' city is yet, because the demo doesn't include everything, and it just came out yesterday in Europe.

(DIFFICULTY) How to choose difficulty level in multiplayer matches (xbox 360 version) ??
(DIPLOMACY) How to interact with others (IA and players), trade, ask for something, threat etc. ??

Research:
What do you need to research a tech besides one of the prerequisites (since one prerequisite isn't enough for some techs)
I'm looking for an answer to that question too. I feel like I must be missing something obvious, but I just can't work it out - sometimes I seem to need all of the prerequisites, but other times I don't, and I can't see any pattern to it.

Well things that might be needed

1. At least one of the Prerequisites... I know this is required

Others

Being in the techs Era?
Having techs from the columns before it?
Chance?

Yeah, those are the type of things that I've considered, still haven't found a pattern yet though. I also wondered whether it was related to which techs other civs had discovered.

What is a perfect city. I have bee trying o use my Civ 4 stragety of mega cities which doesnt seem to be working.

All depend in what kind of city are we talking. Usually is better to create a city with at least 3 tiles of water so you can switch for science to gold. Switch first to science, then from the others cities send settlers and in that city only construct library, university and courthouse, so you can generate more and more science. In no time you will have an advance tech that the computer will not match. In the demo usually I finish the computer with Riflemen and cannons/tanks with this tech.
Also research techs like alpha/writing so you can get bonuses and Hanging gardens in that "science city" only if you have at least 15-16 pop. so you'll increase the pop in a 50%.
Another important note is that this work pretty good but using a republican government because the settlers only cost u 1 pop.

I've a question. HOW IN THE NAME OF HELL DO YOU FIGHT THE AZTECS!? With their healing after battle abilities, it is just ridiculous.

Tech up as fast as u can or try to rush him. If u can attack from a Hill so you can get a bonus of 50%, and also go fast with an army after 3 fight u will be veteran and to take the city will be more easy. Usually if a have the aztec close to me I level up my first warrior so I can be veteran asap , then rush the third warrior, form an army, then attack.
If this does not work just go for a culture fight, is so easy to take control of the Aztec cities f you culture is higher. Do not let him expand.

From what I understand Civ Rev doesn't support video chat on PS3, but there is voice chat right?

What time does the Gotm gets replaced? I know it's on sunday but I am not sure of the time, gmt+1 preferably.

Will there be a possibility to create/download user created content (maps!!!)? I really love to play on giant Earth maps but apparently CivRev only uses standard size generated maps :(

A good civ game must have a decent Earth map with civs in their exact starting location.

Will there ever be an Earth map as a scenario for future downloads?

Will there be a possibility to create/download user created content (maps!!!)? I really love to play on giant Earth maps but apparently CivRev only uses standard size generated maps :(

A good civ game must have a decent Earth map with civs in their exact starting location.

Will there ever be an Earth map as a scenario for future downloads?

I don't know if they are going to create a map like earth, I don't think so, but for sure it will be download content in xbox live.

Can you idle cities so that you don't have to press B every round they're not building anything?

I don't think is a good idea to have a city idle, specially in a game like revolution because is way to much faster to the rest of the franchise games. But if you don't want to do anything at least move all the workers to food or gold so the city will be growing anyway.

Top Bottom