Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

Are there any requirements for building a Trading Post? If so, what?

Could seem to build it in one of my cities but in another nearby.

EDIT: Now I can't build a Workshop where it would fit perfectly, any ideas why?

The Requirement for building such as Trading posts or Workshops is that the city has workable tiles of the type that building improves. EG A City needs workable desert tiles for a Trading Post to be buildable

The Requirement for building such as Trading posts or Workshops is that the city has workable tiles of the type that building improves. EG A City needs workable desert tiles for a Trading Post to be buildable

I thought so too, and since that was the case and they still wasn't buildable I don't know what's wrong.

I thought so too, and since that was the case and they still wasn't buildable I don't know what's wrong.

Could it be that your city in question already has the trading post? (or in the case of the workshop, the workshop?)

If your the first to discover code of laws, one of your cities that has workable desert title will automatically get a free trading post. Like-wise, if your the first to discover construction, one of your cities that has a workable hill title will automatically get a free workshop.

Could it be that your city in question already has the trading post? (or in the case of the workshop, the workshop?)

If your the first to discover code of laws, one of your cities that has workable desert title will automatically get a free trading post. Like-wise, if your the first to discover construction, one of your cities that has a workable hill title will automatically get a free workshop.

Hm, don't remember exactly and I don't think I have any saves left but I really don't think so, but yeah, it's possible.

Does the upgrade of the settlers to "civilized" and "sofisticated" and so on do anything or is it just something to point out that you have good culture income?

Does the upgrade of the settlers to "civilized" and "sofisticated" and so on do anything or is it just something to point out that you have good culture income?

It also has to do with where you're borders lie (They shrink if you go down a level), and I imagine it would also affect the likely hood of converting an enemy city

What do the blue shields that are on tiles you have untis on mean?

what blue shields? are you able to get a screenshot?

Now that I think about it, it could be a fortify bonus, or something.

My guess would also be that they tell the fortified bonus of a unit. But how many % is the unit fortified on how many blue shields?

Anybody?

I think their amount tells how much defending units you have in your city. Can't guess much better than that.

So here's a question.

If I have an Arab opponent, would the Oracle of Delphi be automatically obsolete due to my enemy starting with Religion or is it the actual teching that makes a wonder obsolete?

I don't think I'd ever find a use for the Wonder, I was just wondering (oh my, a pun) how this game handles a situation like that.

What do the blue shields that are on tiles you have untis on mean?

There is one blue shield for each unit in the tile. Same thing for ships, i.e. the blue shields show how many units are on the ship.

I will build pottery, than masonry, alphabet, bronze, iron, then construction (no code of laws i am romans.) My problem is is that when i get to construction following that order the computer will never let me build a freaking workshop to up my production. Please help.

It has nothing to do with the order - You can only build a workshop in a city if there is a workable hill within the city limits.

I've read about "selling" units. How does one actually do this in the game? 360 version. Cannot find how to do so. Thanks.

Top Bottom