Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

Yes, they are stackable :D
That's way cool. I thought they didn't because in the demo, I was playing as the Romans and the cost of a road increased after a few years. I didn't build the road, and I just wanted to see if the price would increase after I went into the medevil period, and it went up by about 5 gold. I'm not sure why.

Depend of the distance between cities of course and I think the value is increased when you reach the next era but still is 1/2 price road compared with the other civs.

I was just wandering if there is any restrictions on the console that limit gameplay.
My main concern is the number of units. For Example, (i know xbox 360 is a lot more advanced than PS2) but take Age of Empires 2 for example, on the PS2 version you have a very limited max units compared to the pc version. Is that the case with CivRev? Or will It be like playing Civ 3 and 4 in that aspect?

I did not hear about a unit limit, but the dynamic of this game is not going to let you play for days like civ IV so I do not think this is an issue.

I have had TONS of units in most of my endgames already (around a hundred if I had to guesstimate). If there is a limit, it's so high that you won't run into it unless you give it a serious try.

What do religions do? I know they aren't that important as in Civ4, but will they even show up? (I don't have Civ Rev yet, just wanted to know)

No religions in civrev. Just a 'religion' tech that unlocks cathedrals. (and i think something else, i forget.)

Do you get the bonus of a resourse if you settle a city on top of if? Also do you get the hammer/food/trade value from the tile that your city is located on?

The city square seems to provide no production of any kind. So probably no resource bonus, and certainly no consideration of what tile you founded on.

I would test this for myself, but I am away from Civ Rev at the moment.

When the Mongols discover a barbarian village, does their bonus mean that the village automatically becomes a fully fledged city either before or after killing the inhabitants? What size does the city start at? Is it the same as a newly settled city?

Also, any tips for King difficulty? I got my ass handed to me last time as the Aztecs. :lol: I didn't start research untill about 200AD, even though I was working about 4 water tiles. :confused:

I would test this for myself, but I am away from Civ Rev at the moment.

When the Mongols discover a barbarian village, does their bonus mean that the village automatically becomes a fully fledged city either before or after killing the inhabitants? What size does the city start at? Is it the same as a newly settled city?

Also, any tips for King difficulty? I got my ass handed to me last time as the Aztecs. :lol: I didn't start research untill about 200AD, even though I was working about 4 water tiles. :confused:

Mongols gain a city after they destroy the barbarian village. It's a pop 1 city on the spot of the village.

King is about the same as Warlord except that there is no 50% combat bonus so you'll need more troops. You were probably turning trade into gold not science.

How do I switch between the two? I thought they were both collected at the same time. It is just pressing Y in the city menu?

How do I switch between the two? I thought they were both collected at the same time. It is just pressing Y in the city menu?

You always get extras like the bonus gold for getting a tech first but Y switches what the trade is turned into.

I'll have to change my strategy. I thought both were generated at the same time when trade tiles were worked. No wonder I got so confused. :blush:

What happens when you nuke a captal? I know it doesnt get destroyed but what about buildings/units/culture/GP/pop in the city?

When you nuke a capital I think everything is destroyed so you can waltz in and take the city.<-------- Correct me if I'm wrong

So I was playing the demo, and I had steam power so I had a cruiser and was researching gunpowder, but my cruiser couldn't attack a city on land that was on the coast. Can I not attack coastal land units with the cruiser?

What happens when you nuke a captal? I know it doesnt get destroyed but what about buildings/units/culture/GP/pop in the city?

The pop is reduced to 1 in that city and all units destroyed. I did it in the demo, what I forgot to check is if the building were still there.

What is the "Blitzkrieg Scenareo"?

It was mentioned in another topic, the only Blitzkrieg I know of is the upgrade your units can get.:confused:

So I was playing the demo, and I had steam power so I had a cruiser and was researching gunpowder, but my cruiser couldn't attack a city on land that was on the coast. Can I not attack coastal land units with the cruiser?

What is the "Blitzkrieg Scenareo"?

It was mentioned in another topic, the only Blitzkrieg I know of is the upgrade your units can get.:confused:

The Blitzkrieg scenario is accessed from the 'single player' menu, under scenarios. All units train and move faster, and I think that all nations are in a permanant state of war. Sounds fun. :D

Ships can give support to coastal land battles, if two land units fight it out next to a friendly/enemy ship. They cannot solely fight a land battle on their own.

Oh darn, okay, well useless cruiser in the demo. :]

Top Bottom