Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

Is there a way to just have domination victory I'n a game???????? You no so only Way to win is by conquering everyone ?????

I got xbox 360 how can i change winning conditions ? I only like to play domination and winning that way ? I had pc versions and you could change settings to just have the only way to win is by domination ! How do i do this on the 360 ??

I got xbox 360 how can i change winning conditions ? I only like to play domination and winning that way ? I had pc versions and you could change settings to just have the only way to win is by domination ! How do i do this on the 360 ??

As far as I remember, you can not edit victory types in CivRev. Nor can you edit much of other game settings for that matter.

Some of the scenarios available on the 360 and PS3 have specific victory conditions. I believe there is at least one for each victory type in which the other victory conditions are disabled as well as several other scenarios.

But disabling victory conditions shouldn't be a problem. If you don't want a culture victory, don't build the United Nations.

On civilization revolution for the iphone can you deactivate certain victory conditions like United nation or space race? I want a domination only game

hi, on the ps3 version, how can i play against my daughter with 2nd shock controller?
thanks

Sorry, but you can't. There's no hotseat for the game. You'd need a second console.

On civilization revolution for the iphone can you deactivate certain victory conditions like United nation or space race? I want a domination only game

I don't know if there are scenarios for the iphone version. If so see my post above. If not, you're probably out of luck. There is supposed to be some sort of scenario editor for the ipad version, but I have never seen it. There's nothing like that for any other version.

I accidentally clicked on getting the city to conduct research from the menu that pops up on the world map (and cannot find a way in the city screen to take it off the research and back to producing armies).

I also don't know how to change builing mid build - i am aware that i will lose everything, but i would be very grateful if someone can help!!

If I place a city on top of a resource, does this negate the resource? Would my workers be unable to work that square?

[Edit] Found my answer. The benefit of that resource will be lost.

Is there a way to just have domination victory I'n a game???????? You no so only Way to win is by conquering everyone ?????
There is !!!! You just need to be better and show it not by force You see ?

I accidentally clicked on getting the city to conduct research from the menu that pops up on the world map (and cannot find a way in the city screen to take it off the research and back to producing armies).

I also don't know how to change builing mid build - i am aware that i will lose everything, but i would be very grateful if someone can help!!
Can You post a screenshot please ? Have no worry I will help You to the best of my abilites ;) Also welcome to the CFC !! ^^ Yay ! :hammer::coffee::badcomp::band: ^^

If I place a city on top of a resource, does this negate the resource? Would my workers be unable to work that square?

[Edit] Found my answer. The lbenefit of that resource will be ost.

No ! the resource will count provided that You have the tech for it so if You put You'r settler on top of a vine You will get that resource if You have monarchy ;) See ? You will have it always ! :D after tech requirements ofc ! ;) Cities are just kind of like forts : They are plantation/farms/mines in one package :D So remember children always put Your forts and cities on top of a resource :D

Nevermind, found it. Though I do not feel that my child needs chat restrictions, apparently the PS3 Network did, and restricted her chat because it was a subaccount.

My husband and daughter want to play this over our LAN network with PS3 headsets. I am not sure if you can set up chat in the LAN games? The headsets are working.

Is there a setting or something that I am missing? I have read the manual, done a zillion Google searches and am just not finding anything.

I haven't played civ in a zillion years but still think it's one of the greatest games ever made. Thus I'm thinking about introducing my 8 yo and am wondering which game would be best. From what I've read, it seems Civ IV may be the place, but I'm unclear as to whether Civ IV or Civ IV Colonization is a better choice. What would your recommendations be?

In Civ Rev for the PS3, I'm fairly sure I've conquered the capital of every leader by the end of 9 games (at Warlord), but the Hall of Glory says I've defeated only 15 of the 16. Do I have to eliminate all their cities to count for the Hall of Glory, or just win a game with them in it?

I believe you just have to beat them.

It turns out I goofed -- I had failed to defeat Cleopatra, which I figured out by examining the "great leaders" in the hall of glory. I had accidentally deleted the game options file after defeating her, and was remembering the previous win. I've beaten them all. Also built all 21 wonders. Only have 41 of the 46 Great People. Are some of them just plain rare?

im having a problem with CivRev 1 and 2 for iOS iphone 4s, every time i try to discuss world events with another AI they claim to have not met anyone else. Even late into the game when they build cities bordering each other. Is this just a bug or is there a fix?

neojoe I have the same problem and has been around since I got civ rev 1 on my iPad. They never declare war on each other ether, I still get messages saying I hope your dispute with [insert leader's name here] is going well.

hoping they fix it soon but it might be unknown to firaxis.

It ruins the only diplomacy part of civ rev.

Top Bottom