Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

Oh darn, okay, well useless cruiser in the demo. :]
I was attacking a Zulu city with a Cataphract army, and I had two cruisers next to the city. The attack bonus from the naval support was like +15. Not bad at all. :)

Will there be a possibility to create/download user created content (maps!!!)? I really love to play on giant Earth maps but apparently CivRev only uses standard size generated maps :(

A good civ game must have a decent Earth map with civs in their exact starting location.

Will there ever be an Earth map as a scenario for future downloads?

I was told a few times that there will be no earth map

What the hell is with the nukes?

I played one game, it destroyed all enemy units and I captured it.

I played another game and it destroyed the entire city, just left an unusable space.

Does it depend on population or something as to how much damage it does?

That might explain it, I think it was Berlin I nuked first.

Is it possible to covert capital cities?

Nope. The only way to get a capital is by force. (i.e. walking in with an army.)

Where is the Atlantis artifact? I presume it is in sea squares, but I have yet to see it! I should search harder.

Nope. The only way to get a capital is by force. (i.e. walking in with an army.)

Where is the Atlantis artifact? I presume it is in sea squares, but I have yet to see it! I should search harder.

It's not in every map, there are only three artifacts per game.

That's strange, the highest it's ever said was three, for me.
Although Game of the Week and scenarios might be different, I wouldn't know, because I don't have xbox live.

The Cruiser is not useless because you could put a land unit on it (cruisers, Battleship count a transports).. the unload the unit and attack (or land+attack simultaneously but then you don't get Naval Support)

If the cruiser is close to the city that you are attacking immediately you receive the Naval Support bonus.

And another newbie question for me:
Can more than one player play on the same Xbox, like hot seat or something?

Sometimes when I capture a city I get a tech, what decides whever or not I recieve one?

Does it depend on whever it is a capital or not? I understand I can't recieve a tech if they don't have anything I don't already know. But if they have a tech that I don't, will I automaticaly recieve it by capturing any of their cities?

Another question - You can't convert a capital city. Does this fact still stand if I am controling an enemy capital, or does that protection dissapear?

what is CivRev?

And another newbie question for me:
Can more than one player play on the same Xbox, like hot seat or something?

No. I am not totally sure, but I think the only multiplayer is over the net. Sorry.

Sometimes when I capture a city I get a tech, what decides whever or not I recieve one?

Does it depend on whever it is a capital or not? I understand I can't recieve a tech if they don't have anything I don't already know. But if they have a tech that I don't, will I automaticaly recieve it by capturing any of their cities?

Another question - You can't convert a capital city. Does this fact still stand if I am controling an enemy capital, or does that protection dissapear?

1. I've had civs learn my techs when they take relatively crappy cities, so I think you can learn a tech from any city.

2. I doubt it will - it is not a capital anymore. ;) It used to be, but your capital is still the only conversion resistant one.

what is CivRev?

What are you doing here?

Again, I could be completely wrong for everything here, so don't take it as gospel. ;)

I've got another question.

I built the nuke and found the same thing with every world leader. When you talk to them they always tell you that the international community will frown upon you using it. Does this mean that your ranking will be affected or they will all declare war on you?

Well they will not automaticly declare war on you.

Does GPs appear when a single city reach a given level of culture points, or is it the combined level of culture points from the entire empire that determinds it?

Also, is it completely ramdom which kind of GP that appear?

If you hold RT, you will see a counter for science points, gold and culture points. The culture points are a cumulative thing from all the cities in your empire.

Certain techs make certain GP more likely to appear, but I think it is random. I cannot see a pattern or certain order myself.

i was just wondering if the demo is the whole game, besides the civs, or if the real game is going to have more to it, like bigger diff maps, smarter AI's, and " stuff " like that, wats diff about the game then the demo. if anyone can answer this it would help me alot

Top Bottom