Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

Right. My question wasn't about the saving and reloading, it was about why the numbers don't accurately reflect the strength of a unit. Just last night I won a battle in which I was favored 21 to 15.5 and recieved the upgrade for beating a unit of equal or greater power. I am trying to figure out if this is a display bug that they are going to fix or if it is something that will continue to irritate me. I am tired of losing fights that I am favored by 40 - 200%. Like I said in my last post... if the numbers don't mean anything, then why show them at all?

I strongly get the idea that units with less 'units' (siege weapons, tanks) get overpowered too easily by units with multiple characters of the same strength or even weaker.

How many turns are there in one game? No turn counter--at least I haven't found one.

I don't believe CivRev has a turn limit. You play until one Civ meets a victory condition.

What is the point of building multiple modules on the starship? Can you just build one of each type, launch it, and still win the game?

More engines = faster arrival. I like to have 1 fuel for every 2 engines.

2 engines is usually 12 turns til arrival
4 engines 6 turns.

Here's a question -

I had a unit that was attacked by an army, and was overrun.

The unit was then promoted for having won a battle against a unit stronger than it.

Was this a bug?

How do you know that the enemy unit got the promotion because it had won against a stronger unit? Or was it your unit that got the promotion? Either way, if youre sure thats what happened, its a bug.

How do you know that the enemy unit got the promotion because it had won against a stronger unit? Or was it your unit that got the promotion? Either way, if youre sure thats what happened, its a bug.

My unit was overrun, and my unit was promoted.

Are there any requirements for building a Trading Post? If so, what?

Could seem to build it in one of my cities but in another nearby.

EDIT: Now I can't build a Workshop where it would fit perfectly, any ideas why?

Does the tile your city is on count the same as a tile nearby your city?

i.e. If you build your city on top of a resource, can you utilize that resource? If you build your city on a hill and then build a workshop, do you get the production bonus?

Does the tile your city is on count the same as a tile nearby your city?

i.e. If you build your city on top of a resource, can you utilize that resource? If you build your city on a hill and then build a workshop, do you get the production bonus?

No, it's only the other tiles that are workable.

It sounds like it might be over-lapping with another of your cities.

Over-lapping? Even if that would be the case, shouldn't I be able to build it anyway?

Top Bottom