Worst odds lost

Bringa

King
This should be a classic thread ;) I just had a tank army thwarted by a rifleman army. Odds were 60 vs 37.5. Earlier that game I won an 18 vs 6 combat... and took two wounds.

I had my Tank army lose to a Pikeman army (28 power?). It wasn't that bad though, as it was late-game and I needed the last capital to win a deity domination victory, plus I had loads of more Tanks to send right on in!

The worst, are the lucky zulu rush in MP when an 4.5 army beat your 7.5 army defending you're capitol.

I don't know what the corresponding odds are, but I have lost an entire spy ring to a single enemy spy several times. That's pretty irritating.

Odds have to do with the difficulty level as well. On Deity I always seem to lose when I have greater odds, but when I played on King, my archer army was out-strength'd more than 4 times in 1 turn (6vs9, 6vs8, 6vs6, 4vs6) and he won all 4 battles that turn. Uber archer+++

Spy rings are easily lost to defending spies because of the strenght of defending spies. I don't think this is unfair because with the many of things spies can do it makes it more fun when you have to send a couple of spy rings to were down the enemy spy and then touple it instead of sending in one spy ring and be able to steal whatever you want from the city. Defending spy rings, thus must be impossible to defeat (although I have never seen an AI have one)

Spy rings are easily lost to defending spies because of the strenght of defending spies. I don't think this is unfair because with the many of things spies can do it makes it more fun when you have to send a couple of spy rings to were down the enemy spy and then touple it instead of sending in one spy ring and be able to steal whatever you want from the city. Defending spy rings, thus must be impossible to defeat (although I have never seen an AI have one)

Sorry, just a slight tangential question here, does stealing with a spyring net you more than if you went in with a single spy? I know the TRUE tactic is to form a 4 man team with the ring to do any needed fighting and the loner to sacrifice themselves on the mission, but am still curious if there are any advantages to sacrificing the ring?

i lost once a tank (just build) against a legion (also not a veteran or any extra's) i don't know the exact attack and defense values but i was like 20 times stronger but still i freaking lost it's unfair :( :p

i lost once a tank (just build) against a legion (also not a veteran or any extra's) i don't know the exact attack and defense values but i was like 20 times stronger but still i freaking lost it's unfair :( :p

That is a 10/1 fight. Good odds but obviously not good enough. :D
(Tank 10 attack, legion 1 defence)

If you were attacked the odds would be 3/1.
(Tank 6 defence, legion 2 attack)

Just lost a veteran warrior army to an unfortified regular archer. Not horrendous at 6 to 2, but the worst I can ever remember having.

:smoke:
That is a 10/1 fight. Good odds but obviously not good enough. :D
(Tank 10 attack, legion 1 defence)

If you were attacked the odds would be 3/1.
(Tank 6 defence, legion 2 attack)

I attacked them
but afterwards I made those English pay ... BY THE FALL OF THEIR EMPIRE :D

Once I lost a random ninja-vetren-general artillary army to a fortified non-walled pikeman army. I don't know what the odds were because it doesn't show them on the DS but it was unfair because teh rest of my artillary armies weren't vetrens and were no longer greatgerneralized. But soon I used a great leader to unprade them to vetens and swung around a greatgernealized rifelman and eleminated three civs in one large strike.

Top Bottom