Ultimate Tech Tree Uploaded

mikewest

Chieftain
I put together the "Ultimate Tech Tree" and formatted it for easy two-page printing.

Since everything in this game is truly driven by how you research your tech, it stands to reason that as much info as possible should be organized by tech. Firaxis was kind enough to publish a nice PDF tech tree, but it did not have many details and some formatting was still a little hard to follow (for me anyway). I've added unit properties, more details on how they get obsoleted and what unit(s) they supercede; building costs, wonder costs along with what tech (if any) obsoletes them; resource type and amount, first to discover bonuses, era & start occurences; and I've refined the color-coding started by Firaxis. I've also added the amount of beakers required to research each tech.

Since we had some white space left over, I filled it up with:

Treasury Threshold Bonus Table;
color-coded list of civs and their capitals;
Great Person Culture Point Table;
General Era Changes;
Space Ship Construction Table;
and the brand new Food Requirements Table provided by Pedal2Metal.

There is a list of other resources that I highly recommend that contain information not duplicated by this chart. It was not necessary to have this take up space on a printed table, but I figured it should be included anyway. So, on your screen, zoom in to the upper left hand corner (800% or larger, I would say) and you'll find a list of charts that really come in handy during game play.

The forum does not allow large PDFs but accepts big Zip files. So the attached 1.2 MB zip expands to a 1.4 MB PDF.

When printing, color is really a requirement as there are so many overlapping arrows on the tech tree, you need the color to follow the lines. Also, the units, buildings, wonders, and resources are color coded as well. lastly, I've tried to match each civ's color as best I can in the Capital Cities Chart. The only problem is that it is technically impossible to match RGB color when printing CMYK, so colors will not appear on paper as they do on screen. If I come up with a better solution, you can be sure it will be incorporated into the final release.

Thanks to Pedal2Metal and Grayson for their invaluable advice and info.

I'll keep this 0.96 version as current for the next month. Please leave me your input for corrections or improvements here and I'll close it out with a final table in a month or so.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• CivRev Ultimate Tech Tree plus rare charts rev 0.96.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 15,424
Great work, thank you very much for sharing it!

The is an error on Irrigation, it states Egyptians get it at start, but they get it in Medieval era.

Great work, thank you very much for sharing it!

The is an error on Irrigation, it states Egyptians get it at start, but they get it in Medieval era.

Thanks for checking it. Good catch. That correction will be in the final version.

Could you add the great people for the techs they are associated with along with an icon for what type they are.

I actually had planned on doing that, but in my experience, the techs have absolutely no relationship to the GPs. I've had Albert Einstein appear when everyone was still in the Medieval era. I've only played SP so far, but I can't picture this being any different in MP. (I play Xbox, 1.30, deity level, single player)

If anyone has evidence to the contrary, I'll be happy to add that in, but, right now, it looks more like an unfinished feature and it has zero impact on game play.

What I do plan to do is compile another cheat sheet (I mean "Quick Reference Chart") from the references I cited in the Ultimate Tech Tree. I was going to list the total number of each type of GP so you can have a rough idea of what might be left in the game. I don't know if a list of names is really necessary for game play. If anyone finds that useful, I'd like to know how (so I can use it) and I'll include that info too.

Thanks so much, this tech tree is amazing. I am new to CivRev, having just purchased the iPhone version. It's a great game, and the only drawback is that it is hard to view the tech tree on a small screen. Also, the game doesn't even list the "first to discover" bonuses associated with a technology. I'm sure this will help me a lot in figuring out the game.

Hi and Thank You for the Revolution version!:D

Is the tech tree the same for all versions of Civ Rev? I have the DS version but do not own an IPhone or other portables to know if they are the same.

Thanks Again for all the hard work.

DD

Is the tech tree the same for all versions of Civ Rev? I have the DS version but do not own an IPhone or other portables to know if they are the same.
The PS3, 360 & DS versions are identical. The iPhone version should be identical, but this hasn't been confirmed. (And it sounds like the iPhone version may have some quality issues.)

Great job. Although i don´t own Civ Revolution (planning on buying it soon though), this looks really professional. The techs also looks less complex, than in the pc Civ games.

nice tech tree there mate now i might get used to it as i hav really bad memory :lol: :D

I'm glad this was stickied. It's much better than the official tech tree pdf which only has about half the info this has.

:goodjob:

Top Bottom