Things I like and don't like about CivRev

Civman33

Gunship Pilot
What I like: How workers actually have their own unique look. It's more reasonable for American workers to look colonial than like a Persian. Next, more people in units. A unit is a group of soldiers, and all previous games of civ had up to only 3 visible.
Now the 2 things I don't like: How the leaderheads are, I mean, come on. Who makes them this cartoonish? And makes Isabella more like Princess Leia with buns in her hair? And finally, the combat system. It is so easy for a modern infantry to get beaten by a rifleman when attacking. Civ 3 and CivRev has a terrible combat system. Tanks being destroyed by warriors? Seriously!

So...

How the leaderheads are, I mean, come on. Who makes them this cartoonish? And makes Isabella more like Princess Leia with buns in her hair?

Someone who understands CivRev is supposed to be CivLite.
- ;)

It is so easy for a modern infantry to get beaten by a rifleman when attacking. Civ 3 and CivRev has a terrible combat system. Tanks being destroyed by warriors? Seriously!

Infantry units in CivRev are not really meant to be used to attack. They are defensive units. It doesn't really make loads of sense, but there you are. Why are you attacking riflemen with modern infantry? Use tanks.

Someone who understands CivRev is supposed to be CivLite.
- ;)

It is in SP. When you get online CivRev goes to a whole new level. Online play against a good opponent offers a lot of complex strategic choices that I don't think you can find in any other game like this.

About online, do people quit all the time when they lose? Because that's my impression of it. At home, you can make them finish (Hotseat) but online, nothing.

About online, do people quit all the time when they lose? Because that's my impression of it. At home, you can make them finish (Hotseat) but online, nothing.

You get all kinds. There are a lot of players who quit at the first sign of trouble or sometimes even if they don't like the civ you picked (or in my case got randomly). But there are plenty of good games to be had. If you're playing a FFA, then the game goes on after one player quits and probably the AI will do a better job than a player that skittish would have anyway. If it's ranked H2H then the game is over immediately when your opponent quits, which is sometimes a bummer if I was off to a good start or something, but at the same time, a player who is that insecure about his ability to win and quits just because I took over AI Paris in 7 turns (this happened recently) probably won't be a very exciting opponent to have.

The One thing that really annoys me with Civ Rev is sooo small its almost OCD style: when i try to form an army with 3 units i press triangle and boom im in the damn civilopedia!!! please keep it to the select button :mad: :/

Top Bottom